Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Disables the anoying refresh that happens everytime u are away from the browser for a bit. let me know if it works properly. thank you !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fritos1406; 01/20/2010 at 11:49 PM.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    are you going to publish to preware?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    are you going to publish to preware?
    yeahh but will be taking a week to be on..

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    yeahh but will be taking a week to be on..
    It takes that long??
    Holy crap I think you did it man! This is a killer patch.. I'm so amped! Been messing around with a couple browser cards for about 10 mins now and neither of them are auto-refreshing!

This "feature" annoyed the crap out of me.. had the same problem as the guy in the other thread. I'd plan out a route via HopStop and the thing would vanish on me when I went into the subway and lost signal. Sucks!

Thanks for the patch!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    Holy crap I think you did it man! This is a killer patch.. I'm so amped! Been messing around with a couple browser cards for about 10 mins now and neither of them are auto-refreshing!

This "feature" annoyed the crap out of me.. had the same problem as the guy in the other thread. I'd plan out a route via HopStop and the thing would vanish on me when I went into the subway and lost signal. Sucks!

Thanks for the patch!
    it was the simplest patch. i took my time "10 min" to search for reload in the files. then i noticed the line and added false to it. simple patch really but really comes in handy!

Does anyone know why it auto refreshes? I have to WebOS Doctor my phone, but as soon as it's done my patches are going back on & I'm going to definitely put this one on. Haha. I HATE the refresh "feature" as well. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    It takes that long??
    lol, it takes longer sometimes. There's a large pile of patches waiting to be added to the feed. It's not difficult to use WebOS Quick Install to install the patch though. In fact, it's really, really easy.

@fritos1406, well done sir. I LOVE this patch!
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Does anyone know why it auto refreshes? I have to WebOS Doctor my phone, but as soon as it's done my patches are going back on & I'm going to definitely put this one on. Haha. I <strong>HATE</strong> the refresh "feature" as well. =)
    something about reloading and reconnecting to the page
    but its not really necessary to do that..so be gone with that feature lol

"// This browser page was purged when the application was not in the foreground.
    // Now that we're active again let's reconnect and reload the page."

It's not difficult to use WebOS Quick Install to install the patch though. In fact, it's really, really easy.
    Jason, you are correct Took all of 30 seconds to install this patch via QI.

But... one thing I will say is that I had skads of issues removing patches when I mixed and matched using Preware and QI. Some of the patches I'd installed with QI wouldn't come off when I used EPR via Preware (errors). I wound up doctoring the phone since I couldn't get several of them removed
  11.    #11  
    The Patch Has Now Been Submitted..Now its Just Be Patient to be up on preware

Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    The Patch Has Now Been Submitted..Now its Just Be Patient to be up on preware
    I'm about to install it right now from WOSQI but I can't wait for the Preware one. idk Something about preware make me like it more. haha.
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    It sounds like they refresh for Ajax and push notices, has there been any tests done against web pages which use technologies dependent on an active connection and what occurs in these cases?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    It sounds like they refresh for Ajax and push notices, has there been any tests done against web pages which use technologies dependent on an active connection and what occurs in these cases?
    haven't yet tried that out. Maybe you can checc those out for me and let us all know here

I was using this patch & still am but, I noticed that it still refreshes. If I'm on one website and then I go to another it will refresh the next one. Like if there's not enough memory. I want a patch that will never refresh regardless of anything. I want to manually refresh the page myself. This one didn't work for me.
  16.    #16  
    what do u mean exactly by another website like a new card or what?

17.    #17  
    i havent encountered any refresh in ages..so what exactly are u meaning?
    please let me know so i can see whats going on . .

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    when in the same page, 'back' and 'forward' will refresh the page you have viewed.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    are you able to make a patch to open a new page in background when click the link and gesture area at the same time?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by try0625 View Post
    when in the same page, 'back' and 'forward' will refresh the page you have viewed.
    ohhhh hmmm i have to loook more into that. Mmmm maybe not possible but ill look into it

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast