Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Can anyone create a patch that prevents the browser from refreshing unnecessarily? For example: today I loaded up the hopstop page in my browser, got the route I needed, and when I tried to review it in the subway, guess what? The page refreshed and I had no internet connection, so I lost my route. Also, it's just annoying when multitasking having to wait for pages to reload.
    Quote Originally Posted by pregk View Post
    can anyone create a patch that prevents the browser from refreshing unnecessarily? For example: Today i loaded up the hopstop page in my browser, got the route i needed, and when i tried to review it in the subway, guess what? The page refreshed and i had no internet connection, so i lost my route. Also, it's just annoying when multitasking having to wait for pages to reload.
    here try this..not sure if it works or not but i had the browser in the background for about 5 min in when i went back to it...no refresh..let me know if this works.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...25#post2130225
    Last edited by fritos1406; 01/05/2010 at 02:10 PM.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    thanks, I'll try it tonight and report back.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    So far, seems great! I'll keep testing. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    ahh, hopstop refreshed on me today...can anyone else test. Go to HopStop.com - Subway Directions and Bus Directions for New York City (NYC) and enter a location and destination, let it find a route, then minimize the card for a few minutes and load it back up.
    This patch has now been created. (In an hour! Way to go fritos!)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...h-browser.html

Request thread closed.

As an aside, some sites force a refresh that may be beyond the control of the browser to stop. You often see this if you minimize while making a password change or a purchase.

But further discussion needs to be in that patch thread.

- Craig