1.    #1  
    These patches are modifications of the Battery icon and Percent patches in Preware by nesl247 and 2sslow.

I just found the text too big when displaying both the icon and numbers. It automatically resizes according to text width.

Update: More elegant solution for the white icon and percent variant.

Update2:
    I'm trying a different approach here and making this one patch. You can tweak it yourself with CSS if you put a stylesheet called battery.css in "/media/internal/.stylesheets". Thats in a folder called ".stylesheets" on your media/usb drive.

There's a template battery.css in the zip. You can change a couple of settings by opening it in a text editor and uncommenting/deleting lines.

Warning! Strange things can happen if the css in battery.css is wrong. If it does and you cant recover: put your device in usb mode and delete ".stylesheets/battery.css." alternately uninstall the patch from Preware or WOSQI.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frause; 02/23/2010 at 10:39 AM.
    The reason I didnt put diff sizes into preware is because it would be too confusing to the masses and make it harder to find in preware.

PreWare could easily get overrun w/ these type of options. Thats why I make custom patches for people who want font or color changes.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Question? Do these patches work in 1.3.5.1?
    Thanks
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geneziz View Post
    Question? Do these patches work in 1.3.5.1?
    Thanks
    Yes, they do.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Is it possible to have the text vertically aligned in the middle in these battery % patches?
    /EU/GR/
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mafia View Post
    Is it possible to have the text vertically aligned in the middle in these battery % patches?
    Yes, If you try the new version I've just uploaded and put this line in a file called battery.css in a directory called .stylesheets on your USB-drive:
    Code:
    #batpercent { position: relative; bottom: 3px; }

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Yes, If you try the new version I've just uploaded and put this line in a file called battery.css in a directory called .stylesheets on your USB-drive:
    Code:
    #batpercent { position: relative; bottom: 3px; }
    Please do not manually edit the .css it WILL cause problems with the removal of any patch that touches that file.

thats what patches are for so that a proper backup is made for easy removal..Advising people to manually edit files goes against the whole reason we use Patches from PreWare and WOSQI. And the hard work Jason and the WebOsInternals team have done will be wasted.

AGAIN PLEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSE DO NOT MANUALLY EDIT FILES ON YOUR PRE!!!!!!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Please do not manually edit the .css it WILL cause problems with the removal of any patch that touches that file.
    While a warning about editing this file is in order, strange things can happen if you do it wrong. It is highly unlikely another patch will touch THIS file. IF the css is screwed up, it is fairly easy to manually delete it on the USB-partition.

I admit I haven't thought this through completely but I think it is pretty safe.

Since the css file on the usb-partition isn't included in the patch, you can remove the patch and the manually edited css won't be used.
    Like the patch Frause. One request I'd like to make is to keep the text color the same as the battery color when possible. For instances...keep the % color green until the battery drops below 90%, and then change the % color to red when it drops to 12%.

Is this something you can do? I realize the last post on this topic was on 2/23, so I'll shoot you a PM as well.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by o jrod o View Post
    Like the patch Frause. One request I'd like to make is to keep the text color the same as the battery color when possible. For instances...keep the % color green until the battery drops below 90%, and then change the % color to red when it drops to 12%.

Is this something you can do? I realize the last post on this topic was on 2/23, so I'll shoot you a PM as well.
    Sure, no problem. Just give me a couple of days, I'm pretty busy this weekend.
    Awesome! Thank you so much!
  12.    #12  

Ok try this one. Let me know if it isn't what you were after.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Exactly what I wanted. I've only been able to confirm that 90% is green so far. I really appreciate you taking the time to make this. Looks great!
    I feel like a burden, but I have to ask. Right now my battery is at 17%. Any possible way you could add this color too? I forgot there was another color involved. It's either orange or yellow right now. Having a hard time telling, being that it is late and I'm tired. Just wanted to confirm that it is going to change to red when it drops to 12%.

Also...any way you can keep the % colors the same color as the battery while it's charging?

Again, sorry to be a pest. I completely forgot there was a third color. I just love this patch, and like things to match.

P.S. I really think you should consider tossing this in Preware. I think a lot of folks would jump on this.
    Last edited by o jrod o; 05/13/2010 at 01:48 AM.
  15.    #15  
    I feel like a burden, but I have to ask. Right now my battery is at 17%. Any possible way you could add this color too? I forgot there was another color involved. It's either orange or yellow right now. Having a hard time telling, being that it is late and I'm tired. Just wanted to confirm that it is going to change to red when it drops to 12%.
    It should, but I haven't actually tested it myself. I've added yellow at 20%

Also...any way you can keep the % colors the same color as the battery while it's charging?
    Sure!

This version keeps the text colors the same as the colors of the icon. No special color when charging.

You are frickin awesome! Again...you really should throw this in Preware. People don't know what they're missing.

Thanks again!
    So I just noticed that the battery icon remains green until 89%, and not 90%. Can you update the percentage when you have a moment. Funny my phone has never shown 89% until today.

Thanks again for the patch.