1.    #1  
    As a user coming from WM and an Opera browser, I was in love with "single column" on Opera Mobile. It configured the webpage so that you didn't have to move from right to left when you have the page zoomed in at an acceptable level. It in affect, made the page a little longer, but made it easier to read on smaller pages. Can anyone design a patch to do the same thing? Or let me know if I have overlooked a patch that does this?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    the iphone spoof might work for you.
  3.    #3  
    I looked in preware, i didnt see a patch called iphone spoof. is that the proper title? Or is it not classified as a patch?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    iphone user agent spoof is full name i believe
    it isn't a patch here is the thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html
    The iPhone user agent spoof patch is certainly not what the OP is asking for. All that would help him with is certain websites that have iPhone-friendly mobile editions that he isn't currently able to get into.

What the OP wants is for the browser to render every webpage in column view like Pocket IE and Opera Mobile/Mini have options to do.

I am rather certain this cannot be accomplished via a patch, unfortunately.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, I checked it out, and so far, the only thing thats stopping me from doing it is that I noticed some people are having trouble rebooting, and that they are saying its stops downloads/streams.

Edit: Yea, theweaselslayer has got it right. I hope that some skilled coder can accomplish this, if not I guess I'll wait for some kind of Opera port or for Palm to add this functionality to the browser.