1.    #1  
    Hey guys. I'm looking for a patch that would enable you to edit a phone number. For example, after "clicking" on a phone number from a text message, I'd like to be able to add *67 at the beginning to block my number (needed for work/on-call purposes). Currently, I need to delete the entire number in order to add the *67 at the beginning. This function may already exist, but I have not been able find a patch. I really appreciate any help/feedback you guys can offer. thanks!
    just click edit and touch the number to be edited then touch the beginning of the number to move the cursor.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #3  
    Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I had no luck. Clicking edit from the phone and messaging menu just gives me a drop down list of "cut, copy, or paste." I have tried touching the beginning of the number string from each of these items and nothing happens. (except "cut" which of course just deletes the entire string of numbers).
    No you have to touch the name at the top first! then follow the above instructions.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Not edit from the phone menu. Save the number as "new contact". Once this opens up contacts you can edit any of the contact fields, prior to tapping the Done button, including the phone number, by tapping on that field. To add numbers to the beginning of the phone number you are in the process of saving, tap at the beginning of the phone number in the phone number field and type what you need to. Then tap Done.

Edit: I think I see what you are trying to do, vis-a-vis dialing directly from the link in the SMS. I think you are correct that you cannot edit that iteration of the number, so your best bet may be to save it as a new or already existing contact (depending) and then follow the rest of what I said above. Sorry.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I'm struggling with this as well...
    Old Treo650 I could point to a dialled number in the phone app and add/delete a digit. This was useful for international dialling, simple corrections of typos, etc. I would really like to enable this in the native WebOS phone app...
    right now, I have to copy the number (e.g. from SMS), then open memo, edit the number there, copy to phone... that's way to much trouble.

pete
    You could use the edit to Cut the phone number, then type in "*67" then add a space and then do a Paste of the phone number. Just a thought.
    well, I found it...

when u get to phone app, use HW keyboard, instead of on-screen numbers, then u can edit and position the cursor (using the red button)...

hope that helps...