1.    #1  
    One thing that really bothers me about this phone is the fact that animated gifs are not animated in the messaging app. These gifs can be viewed in your browser, but not when you receive a text.

Is this something that is possible seeing that the latest update now supports animated gifs in the browser.
    With 1.3.5, Palm supported animated .gifs throughout WebOS. You can replace the current emoticons and actually add more.

The emoticons are located at:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/emoticons/
    Control file for icons:
    Code:
    /etc/palm/emoticon-base-dictionary.txt

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Maybe I didnt explain myself more, or you misunderstod me.
    What I am hoping that can be patched is the messaging app being able to play animated gifs, Such as this image.

Images like this can be viewed in the browser, but not if someone were to text me this.
  4.    #4  
    Bump
  5.    #5  
    Wow.......No one else is bothered by such a sophisticated phone not being able to accomplish such things as this.
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    With 1.3.5, Palm supported animated .gifs throughout WebOS. You can replace the current emoticons and actually add more.
    I've had animated gifs working in webos before 1.3.5. It's just in 1.3.5 that they enabled it in their browser app.

In regards to this patch, I'm not completely sure what you're asking for? gif MMS or gif attachments?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8.    #8  
    I am asking for animated gif MMS
    I would like to be able to view an animated gif when it is sent to me via a text message.
    Right now when a text is sent that has an animated gif, you cannot view the animation. It just displays as a normal picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    I would like to be able to view an animated gif when it is sent to me via a text message.
    Right now when a text is sent that has an animated gif, you cannot view the animation. It just displays as a normal picture.
    I'd love to see this too. I really miss it from my older less sophisticated phones
    OH, I thought you were asking for animated gif's in the text messaging avatars. Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  11.    #11  
    OH, I thought you were asking for animated gif's in the text messaging avatars. Lol
    Nope, but now that everyone understands exactly what I am asking now, hopefully this patch can be created.
    Not to be a negative nancy, but I'm pretty sure this won't be accomplished with a patch.
  13.    #13  
    Not to be a negative nancy, but I'm pretty sure this won't be accomplished with a patch.
    If not, then I sure hope palm will bring us an update for this.
    Just really annoys me that this phone cant do such a simple thing as this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    YESYESYES

For the love of your deity of choice, YES. Tired of all the dumbphones around that do gifs in MMS except the Pre.
    Bump!!

This is so embarrassing. I was sitting in a group of guys bragging out how great my Pre was when we all get a text message from a friend. The message contained an animation that everyone was laughing about. My Pre, that I was bragging about, was the only "smart" phone that couldn't play the animation.

I too believe this probably isn't a patch issue but I'm hoping I'm wrong. My "old" Treos played the animation. I can't believe Palm took a step backwards on this feature.

ET