Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The ultimate in device menu patches!

This removes the date, battery %, and airplane mode. I've added a brightness control, a Phone submenu with radio/data/roaming toggles, GPS toggle, and a flashlight toggle.

Note: this patch requires SysToolsMgr Service on your device for the flashlight to function.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/10/2010 at 01:40 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Could you create a separate patch for the flashlight alone? I imagine that might be very useful. I like the features, but I find the removal of so many things somewhat restrictive.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Could you create a separate patch for the flashlight alone? I imagine that might be very useful. I like the features, but I find the removal of so many things somewhat restrictive.
    already here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...vice-menu.html

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Ah excellent, thanks I tend to stick to Preware with these things, so hadn't noticed.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Do you have an ETA on when it'll show up on the webos-patches feed?
    Jason really like the megamix. Would it possible to request one with the airplane mode in but no battery or date and time. Pretty much what you have in here but keep airplane mode lcd/keyboard brightness the phone features you have flashlight, and gps toggle.
    Hoping for a similar patch to just remove airplane mode its been a real hassle to me in its current placement
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Do you have an ETA on when it'll show up on the webos-patches feed?
    As soon as webos-internals accepts it. I submit every patch I create. And even if I didn't I explicitly state they're MIT opensource. However the wait may be a while. I submitted 10+ patches directly to Rod weeks ago and only 2 have been put in the feed since then. As well, I submitted an updated Left-Side-Messaging-Avatar patch a few weeks ago and that hasn't been updated yet. It's not their fault though, as everyone's well aware, they been very busy, so I try not to bug them.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Hoping for a similar patch to just remove airplane mode its been a real hassle to me in its current placement
    I already made that patch http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2036132

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Jason really like the megamix. Would it possible to request one with the airplane mode in but no battery or date and time. Pretty much what you have in here but keep airplane mode lcd/keyboard brightness the phone features you have flashlight, and gps toggle.
    keep in mind Airplane mode can be toggled in the restart popup when you hold down the power button; I personally find that more convenient

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    how about this error J .... watchya think ?

http://forums.precentral.net/members...421-scrsht.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As soon as webos-internals accepts it. I submit every patch I create. And even if I didn't I explicitly state they're MIT opensource. However the wait may be a while. I submitted 10+ patches directly to Rod weeks ago and only 2 have been put in the feed since then. As well, I submitted an updated Left-Side-Messaging-Avatar patch a few weeks ago and that hasn't been updated yet. It's not their fault though, as everyone's well aware, they been very busy, so I try not to bug them.
    All right, I'll just use your WebOS QuickInstall then.

This patch seems like everything I want. Really appreciate all the work.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    how about this error J .... watchya think ?

http://forums.precentral.net/members...421-scrsht.jpg
    Looks like you might have other device menu patches applied. This isn't compatible with others, as this one overwrites pretty well the entire device menu

and you have no other Device Menu patches on, right? Cause this isn't compatible with others, as this one overwrites pretty well the entire device menu
    I figured this, I removed both patches I already had and then installed yours, and everything is peachy keen on my side. Just tested it, and loving how easy it is to access the flashlight now. Great patch!
    keep in mind Airplane mode can be toggled in the restart popup when you hold down the power button; I personally find that more convenient
    I will have to try that out. I rarely used my power button. Cool now if we could get rid of the battery percent that would be great.

Edit: I see it does remove the battery percent. Your description in the first post doesn't say battery. That might stop a lot of posts from people asking you to remove the battery if you edit your post to put that function in there.
    Last edited by mamouton; 01/02/2010 at 05:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    This patch is outstanding. I especially love the flashlight addition. Thanks, Jason!
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Anyone got a screen print?
    Here you go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I actually would like one with the battery percent still in. The percent patches kill my battery life.
    great patch!
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast