Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by beegdawg View Post
    I ran this after doing EPR. So it was the only one that I tried. I got the same symptoms every time I have tried to run it. This looks to be awesome!

Just to be clear, no other patches loaded at all.
    hmm, then try WebOS Repair Utility to restore the files to stock. The patch should then apply fine
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    hmm, then try WebOS Repair Utility to restore the files to stock. The patch should then apply fine
    Will do, thank you so much and all that you personally do to make this phone and community better.
    So I did get it work.

Here is what I did. Went in to novaterm, remounted the filesys, copied the 2 files that had the .orig extensions that were failing.

Worked like a charm...
    Is there another version of this with the battery?
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    can we get the temperature added to the megamix?
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    I was having a strange problem with my phone radio while using this patch. If I were to disable to data or phone radio with the device menu, when I tried to bring it back up my data connection would not come back online. I could see the 'ev' flicker however. Since a technology problem is hard for me ignore, I started tinkering. I noticed without the patch installed, toggling airplane would produce the same bug.
    After googling and tinkering, I discovered the 'update network settings' and the 'update PRL' options in the phone app prefs. Ran both of those updates, issue seesms to have subsided. FYI.
    Ran both of those updates, issue seesms to have subsided. FYI.
    Few hours later, back to the same symptom. Hmmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    can we get the temperature added to the megamix?
    +1
    For some reason this says its installed in Preware but after reboots still won't show up in device menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    For some reason this says its installed in Preware but after reboots still won't show up in device menu.
    +1
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Here's the scoop from the Preware thread in the WebOS Internals subforum...

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, I have a hunch that the machine we're using while the normal autobuilder is broken may be building patches wrong.

Does it happen on a patch which has not been updated since the day of the 1.4.1 release?

In any case, I'm rebuilding all the patches after fixing the problem with the temporary build machine, just in case.

-- Rod
    Rebuilt patches are uploading to the feeds now. Please test and report.

-- Rod
    OK, that didn't work. That'll teach me for going to get some sleep at 1:30am while they are rebuilding ...

It's now 3:30am, and I'm rebuilding the feeds for the second time. I'll post again when they are ready.

-- Rod
    Please help!

I've just installed the new "Device Menu Megamix with Media Vol Control" ver 1.4.0-36

I now have no phone! I turned the Phone Radio OFF, then back ON. I get 'SIM lock-SOS only', attempting to make a phone call brings up my Phone Preferences with no phone no. visible, no network settings visible or updatable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    i get an error. What do you think?

===========
    error: an error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

1 out of 9 hunks failed -- see webos-patches.log for more details
    ========================

is this the only way to get roam only in device menu?
    Last edited by number1pete; 04/07/2010 at 06:25 PM.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    any chance to add the ability to switch between 2g and 3g in the data menu? so instead of on off, it's auto, 3g, 2g, off
    +1 for this. This would be a fantastic upgrade to the megamix.
    This patch for me doesn't work with the "Farenheit Temp in Device Menu" patch at all; the 2 problems are that

1) There's no battery line, so there's no temperature shown.
    2) With the temperature patch installed, the only way to close the device menu is to click the white physical button.

Not sure if this should be posted here or there, but my ideal patch would be this, except leave battery showing AND have temperature.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    any chance to add the ability to switch between 2g and 3g in the data menu? so instead of on off, it's auto, 3g, 2g, off
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    +1 for this. This would be a fantastic upgrade to the megamix.
    +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    This patch for me doesn't work with the "Farenheit Temp in Device Menu" patch at all; the 2 problems are that

1) There's no battery line, so there's no temperature shown.
    2) With the temperature patch installed, the only way to close the device menu is to click the white physical button.

Not sure if this should be posted here or there, but my ideal patch would be this, except leave battery showing AND have temperature.
    +1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Jason, IMHO this is the best device menu mix patch. (It even was mentioned on PalmCast Episode 104).

The only thing I miss in it is the battery level (and battery/CPU temperature). I would try and modify the patch to re-enable the battery level, but Preware feed only has an .ipk, and in this thread I could only find .patch for WebOS 1.3.5 and 1.4.0. Could you please share the .patch version 1.4.1(1) with us? I see others interested in this feature, so I will share my edit as soon it is stable or as you approve it.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I tried after running the WebOS repair utility and I'm getting similar problems. Should I run in override compatibility mode? Still got the same hunk failure even after the repair utility and as the first patch attempted to be loaded.

UPDATE: Did it in Compatibility Mode and all is good now.
    Last edited by rpankoe; 06/17/2010 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas Rutten View Post
    Please help!

I've just installed the new "Device Menu Megamix with Media Vol Control" ver 1.4.0-36

I now have no phone! I turned the Phone Radio OFF, then back ON. I get 'SIM lock-SOS only', attempting to make a phone call brings up my Phone Preferences with no phone no. visible, no network settings visible or updatable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    I was about to complain about this myself. Maybe it's the media volume add on, or another patch, but recently, I've been losing evdo and phone a lot, finding that they are off in the menu (i didn't turn them off) and turning them on in the menu isn't working. I'm going to uninstall media volume and see if that fixes it. If so, we need to report it here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...rol-added.html
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast