Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    thanks xanthinealkaloid, checking out Mode Switcher now
    It's too bad you can't mix and match single function patches in the device menu.

My ideal device menu alterations are: GPS and Flashlight added; Airplane Mode removed. (thats it)

I'll keep checking for more mixes. There are still more combinations.

I'm currently using "GPS in Device Menu."
    Nevermind. I am now using "GPS in Device Menu" and "No Airplane Mode," as they are compatible. I also installed the LED Torch app.
    First of all, this patch is great...Thank you, Jason, for all your efforts to increase the user experience of the Pre.

EDIT: As requested, patch moved to new thread.

[Patch] Jason's Device Menu Megamix with media volume control added

-Josh
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    First of all, this patch is great...Thank you, Jason, for all your efforts to increase the user experience of the Pre.

I really wanted some way to a way to control the media volume anytime I chose, so I added to this patch...I thought I would share it here.

One thing to note: If the volume is all the way up or down, it doesn't show the volume indicator.

-Josh
    Nice

Could a mod please split the post off into its own patch release thread, thx
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Nice

Could a mod please split the post off into its own patch release thread, thx
    I'll make a thread right now.

My apologies...I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to do it for this one.

7.    #127  
    I'll make a thread right now.

My apologies...I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to do it for this one.

no prob It's nice added functionality btw

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I don't remember reading this anywhere in the thread, and I didn't start having this issue until after the 1.4 update, but I was wondering if the Bluetooth app was supposed to launch every time I turn Bluetooth on from the device menu...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I don't remember reading this anywhere in the thread, and I didn't start having this issue until after the 1.4 update, but I was wondering if the Bluetooth app was supposed to launch every time I turn Bluetooth on from the device menu...
    Hmmm...To my knowledge, stock or patched that would be expected behavior of the BT app when starting BT from the Device Menu.

It never used to do that...I would select "Turn on Bluetooth" and the icon would appear at the top of the device menu. No Card would be launched at all.

After 1.4 when I select "Turn on Bluetooth" the actual App launches into Card View and I have to close it.
  11. Fuu
    the Patch won't work with my German Pre (language set to german, i think there lies the problem...).

or is it possible that it doesn't like my Date and Battery Icon Patches?

Thanks,
    Fuu

P.S.
    will add screenshot later, posting with my pre, cant add file...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fuu; 03/16/2010 at 06:12 AM. Reason: added Screenshot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    It never used to do that...I would select "Turn on Bluetooth" and the icon would appear at the top of the device menu. No Card would be launched at all.

After 1.4 when I select "Turn on Bluetooth" the actual App launches into Card View and I have to close it.
    stupid question -- do you have your phone paired to anything? i have this installed and it does not exibit that behavior
    With this patch installed, I notice that GPS is listed as On when the phone is Airplane Mode. Is that a bug or a feature?

I assumed Airplane Mode was supposed to turn the GPS receiver off, but I couldn't find anything saying whether that's the case or not.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    With this patch installed, I notice that GPS is listed as On when the phone is Airplane Mode. Is that a bug or a feature?

I assumed Airplane Mode was supposed to turn the GPS receiver off, but I couldn't find anything saying whether that's the case or not.
    airplane mode doesn't modify gps as far as I know

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    This is one of my favorite patches, it's basically more awesome than a free moon pie.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Hey there Jason...

Since I've a a few requests, do you think I should submit the media volume addition to Preware as a separate patch, or do you want to add it to the original?

Thanks!

17.    #137  
    Hey there Jason...

Since I've a a few requests, do you think I should submit the media volume addition to Preware as a separate patch, or do you want to add it to the original?

Thanks!

Separate patch would work

I uninstalled all patches and I still am not able to install it.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can shed some light.

Here is the portion from the webos-patches.log

Code:
    PATCH INSTALLATION Sat Mar 20 14:23:37 CDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix/top-bar-device-menu-megamix.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    $Hunk$ #$1$ $succeeded$ $at$ $32$ $with$ $fuzz$ $1$.
    $Hunk$ #$2$ $succeeded$ $at$ $73$ ($offset$ $2$ $lines$).
    $Hunk$ #$3$ $succeeded$ $at$ $129$ ($offset$ $13$ $lines$).
    $Hunk$ #$4$ $succeeded$ $at$ $157$ ($offset$ $17$ $lines$).
    $Hunk$ #$5$ $succeeded$ $at$ $316$ ($offset$ $17$ $lines$).
    $Hunk$ #$6$ $FAILED$ $at$ $332$.
    $Hunk$ #$7$ $succeeded$ $at$ $1271$ ($offset$ $111$ $lines$).
    $Hunk$ #$8$ $FAILED$ $at$ $1316$.
    $Hunk$ #$9$ $succeeded$ $at$ $1431$ ($offset$ $131$ $lines$).
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $9$ $hunks$ $FAILED$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$devicemenu$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$devicemenu$/$devicemenu$-$scene$.$html$
    $Hunk$ #$2$ $FAILED$ $at$ $120$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $FAILED$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$devicemenu$/$devicemenu$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$

$dry$ $run$ $failed$, $checking$ $if$ -$R$ $would$ $succeed$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$devicemenu$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$!  $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$] 
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $9$ $out$ $of$ $9$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$devicemenu$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$devicemenu$/$devicemenu$-$scene$.$html$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$!  $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$] 
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$devicemenu$/$devicemenu$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$

$Installation$ $FAILED$!
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $9$ $hunks$ $FAILED$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$devicemenu$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $FAILED$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$devicemenu$/$devicemenu$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$
    $ls$ -$R$ /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$top$-$bar$-$device$-$menu$-$megamix$
    /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$top$-$bar$-$device$-$menu$-$megamix$:
    $package_list$
    $top$-$bar$-$device$-$menu$-$megamix$.$patch$
    *** $FAILED$ ***
    I can add the rejects files in here if needed.
    Last edited by beegdawg; 03/20/2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Can add the extra files if needed.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by beegdawg View Post
    I uninstalled all patches and I still am not able to install it.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can shed some light.

Here is the portion from the webos-patches.log

I can add the rejects files in here if needed.
    Do you have other device menu patches?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Do you have other device menu patches?
    I ran this after doing EPR. So it was the only one that I tried. I got the same symptoms every time I have tried to run it. This looks to be awesome!

Just to be clear, no other patches loaded at all.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast