Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Flashlights shows 'ERROR" as status at the moment.

Updated to 1.4
    try (re)installing SysToolsMgr
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    try (re)installing SysToolsMgr
    Is there a Device Menu Mix that's JUST LIKE THIS, but without the Flashlight toggle? I've grown accustom to using your more widely optioned LED Torch...so have no need for that to be there.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    I was trying to install "device-menu-megamix.patch" with webos quick install and I get the "Error 1 out of 9 hunks FAILED see webos-patches.log"

I had "Device-menu-remix-with-flashlight.patch" installed at first by mistake but I removed it via device management along with led torch and systoolsmgr service. I did reinstall led torch and systoolsmgr service standalone seperately.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Jason

I would like to see your device menu patches turned into an app.

I for one like the flashlight, gps, phone radio, wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode in the menu, but don't really need/care for the battery level, screen brightness, date/time, etc...

I see a lot of people requesting minor additions/subtractions from your mega/ultra mix patches for the device menu, I think it would be great to see an app that would allow the end user a way to pick what they do or don't want in the list.

Just an idea/thought.

Thanks again for your great software and patches that make webOS so great!
    when i install this patch my phone will no longer go into airplane mode --since i upgraded to 1.4 -- any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    when i install this patch my phone will no longer go into airplane mode --since i upgraded to 1.4 -- any ideas?
    Same here. I found this out earlier today.

(Luckily, I can just turn the phone radio off in the device menu...but I do use Airplane Mode frequently)
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Jason

I would like to see your device menu patches turned into an app.

I for one like the flashlight, gps, phone radio, wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode in the menu, but don't really need/care for the battery level, screen brightness, date/time, etc...

I see a lot of people requesting minor additions/subtractions from your mega/ultra mix patches for the device menu, I think it would be great to see an app that would allow the end user a way to pick what they do or don't want in the list.

Just an idea/thought.

Thanks again for your great software and patches that make webOS so great!
    Hmm that does sound good. Something like how the Pre already comes with apps that control the GPS/Location/Wifi/Bluetooth settings? Yeah that'd be cool.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    This is a problem with Sprint Nav. If I turn on Phone Radio and Data Usage, Sprint Nav does not think I have Airplane Mode turned off and will not start.

I have to start toggling Airplane Mode in Advanced Rest Options, until Sprint Nav senses Airplane Mode.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by frankdavis View Post
    I was trying to install "device-menu-megamix.patch" with webos quick install and I get the "Error 1 out of 9 hunks FAILED see webos-patches.log"

I had "Device-menu-remix-with-flashlight.patch" installed at first by mistake but I removed it via device management along with led torch and systoolsmgr service. I did reinstall led torch and systoolsmgr service standalone seperately.

Any ideas?
    anybody?
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankdavis View Post
    anybody?
    the .patch posted in here is outdated. Current 1.4 version is on Preware. Do you need the .patch?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Airplane mode not working for me either with Pre Plus. Just turning off the phone and Wifi in the device menu for now.
  12.    #112  
    I've identified the airplane mode issue and an update will be out soon

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

You da man! Thanks! Really liking your patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I've identified the airplane mode issue and an update will be out soon
    Thanks Jason -- i assume you will post here when ready?

Rob
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    could you please add the 3G in this patch under Phone submenu?
  16.    #116  
    Here'as a fixed 1.4 version of this patch that fixes the issue with AirplaneMode. The update has also been submitted to the webos-internals servers and should be on Preware/WOSQI soon
    Attached Files Attached Files

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    thanks for the patch, I am contemplating switching to this "megamix", but the main thing holding me back is actually the Roam toggle: is it possible to add the three-way functionality found in the "Advanced Phone Menu" patch? Being able to set the Roam mode to "Never" (i.e. Sprint only) in my experience has definitely saved battery life. My typical daily "Roaming" scenario for maximizing battery life:

Roaming set to "NEVER" - while on a set location where I know I get a good signal, at work in office or in home: drains the least amount of battery

Roaming set to "Automatic" (i.e. Roam only OFF) - out and about on the road, daily while traveling: drains more battery

Roaming set to "Always" (Roam only ON) - when stuck in a low signal area (i.e. underground train): not sure about battery drainage, only use it rarely

Basically I try to set roaming to "NEVER" as often as possible when I know I'm in a static location for a long period of time (working, watching a movie, sleeping, etc). I know signal strengths can change often, and being able get the Pre to stop searching all the time saves on battery life. At the least that has been my experience since using behavior above, don't know if other users have the same results. Anyways, adding the 3-way functionality to your Roaming patches would be great! Thanks for your time.
    @chi23us

You(and perhaps some others) may want to check out Mode Switcher.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Here'as a fixed 1.4 version of this patch that fixes the issue with AirplaneMode. The update has also been submitted to the webos-internals servers and should be on Preware/WOSQI soon
    is it hard to make new patch and replace the Roam option with the 3G?
    could you please make one and uploaded here?
    thanks
    Patch worked! Airplane mode now works normally when using the power button. Thanks so much Jason R.

Much appreciated.