Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 187
  1. roams11's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #81  
    Is there any chance of creating a Device Menu Megamix that keeps Airplane Mode?
    Sprint Franken-Pre 2
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by roams11 View Post
    Is there any chance of creating a Device Menu Megamix that keeps Airplane Mode?
    I would also prefer this as I'm used to turning airplane mode on/off with the device menu and don't like using the power button.
  3. #83  
    The problem with all-in-one patches is that everyone wants a different version, with or without this or that tweak...

    For what it's worth, here is my tweak of this megamix patch: the differences are that the date and battery level are not removed or dimmed, and the phone sub-menu is slightly different - it's based on the advanced device menu patch, shows 'ON' or 'OFF' in the main menu like the other items, has a 'Turn off/on Phone' toggle sub-entry and loses the Roam toggle (not really useful to me in the UK).
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankk View Post
    I would like to tell you a problem we have with your patches (probably also others) and non english pres.
    Please read here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2155717

    Do you think that it is possible to find a solution to this without writing a different patch for every language?
    Hi, did anyone recognized this error? I got a german Pre and have massiv problems with this patch. Isnt it possbile to write the patches dynamic so they could be installed on GSM devices too?

    Regards, dNoize


    Attached a screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by dNoize View Post
    Hi, did anyone recognized this error? I got a german Pre and have massiv problems with this patch. Isnt it possbile to write the patches dynamic so they could be installed on GSM devices too?

    Regards, dNoize


    Attached a screenshot
    Yea, I'm guessing you're using a non-english language Pre. The majority of patches modify "view" files, which unfortunately are generally english-language specific.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6. #86  
    Hmm, like I guesed. Can you assist me with a tip, how to change the patch to be working my Pre and WOSQI?

    OT: You know what will be cool... If WOSQI would have a languageselection for the patches ;-)
  7. #87  
    Jason,

    Is it possible to make dual action buttons for one touch Bluetooth and WiFi on/off?

    Vision would be if you pressed the word WiFi it would drop the menu, but if you pressed the ON/OFF indicator it would turn the radio on or off without having expand the menu and then press on/off.
  8. devinwhozzz's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #88  
    the patch wont uninstall. i uninstalled the patch restarted the phone restarted luna and everything but the device menu remains unchanged. i dont really want to doctor my phone again :\

    any ideas?

    thanks guys
  9. kanzlr's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #89  
    ok, I just did a very quick and very dirty adaption for GERMAN users. It works, but it is ugly, and it is not really intended to be used that way, I just felt like sharing it for those who don't care.

    I modified the top-bar-advanced-device-menu-img.patch and translated it to German, and I also modified the german devicemenu-scene.html to work with this patch.

    known issues:
    • I have not translated ON/OFF to AN/AUS, and won't do so cause it would need additional work
    • if you try to disable the data connection when the phone part (radio) is off, the corresponding error message pops up offscreen on top. you can still click the OK button to dismiss it, so I don't care
    • removing the patch by means of webOS quickinstalls device management is not enough to get back to the original state. For your device menu to function after you uninstall the patch, you need to overwrite your German devicemenu-scene with the original one. So I recommend to back up the original file


    so how to install?

    • make a backup of your original devicemenu-scene.html
      to do so, you need webOS quickinstall. Press Tools -> receive file
      the file you want to backup is:
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    • install the attached top-bar-advanced-device-menu-img_DE.patch
    • rename the attached devicemenu-scene.txt to devicemenu-scene.html
    • in webOS quick install, go to Tools -> Send File
      chose the renamed devicemenu-scene.html
      Destination Folder is
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu
    • after that finishes, go to Tools -> Linux Commandline
      execute the command
      pkill LunaSysMgr


    you should be done.
    to uninstall, remove the patch with webOS quickinstall like you normally would, and then repeate the Send File part, but chose the backup you made of devicemenu-scene.html before.

    I would welcome it if somebody could make a patch out of it, but I primarily made this for myself, really. So if you don't know what you are doing, and have no idea how to fix it if you mess up, don't do it, and hope somebody will make a patch out of it.

    thanks for the superb work!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10. kanzlr's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by devinwhozzz View Post
    the patch wont uninstall. i uninstalled the patch restarted the phone restarted luna and everything but the device menu remains unchanged. i dont really want to doctor my phone again :\

    any ideas?

    thanks guys
    you don't need to doctor your phone.
    take a look at what files the patch changes:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

    you just need these files from webOS doctor.
    rename the webos doctor JAR to ZIP
    unpack it
    in the resources dir you find the file webOS.tar
    with winRAR (for example) you can upack it. do so.
    in the resulting directory, you can find the file nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    this is the full root filesystem of webOS, you can unpack it with winRAR, again.

    navigate to the subdirectory /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app
    there you will find the afforementioned files. with webOS quick installs "Send File" feature you can upload these to your Pre to the corresponding directories. Do that and restart Luna (pkill LunaSysMgr from linux commandline).

    you should be good to go again.
  11. #91  
    can't uninstall or update have 1.3.5-11

    the directions above look complicated...HELP!
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by swtmelrose View Post
    can't uninstall or update have 1.3.5-11

    the directions above look complicated...HELP!
    You can run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) from Preware and it'll remove ALL patches....then you'll just have to go in and reinstall the ones you want. Hope that helps.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  13. #93  
    tried that, unfortunately didn't do the job.

    this totally messes up the update all.in preware, which in turn makes AUPT useless for me (at this time).


    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    You can run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) from Preware and it'll remove ALL patches....then you'll just have to go in and reinstall the ones you want. Hope that helps.
  14. #94  
    any chance to add the ability to switch between 2g and 3g in the data menu? so instead of on off, it's auto, 3g, 2g, off
  15. DDT1345's Avatar
    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #95  
    Hello Jason,

    I like this patch a lot, but I'm going to add my one simple request to make this patch perfect for me:

    Add an extra Brightness slider for the Keyboard so that we can control LCD brightness AND keyboard brightness separately. Right now I use the "Brightness Unlinked" app to get this functionality, but I get spotty results for the keyboard. Sometimes the keyboard brightness doesn't turn on and I have to reopen the app. This functionality is useful to me because I run my LCD at 0% most of the time, especially in the dark. Unfortunately, at 0%, the keyboard backlight is OFF, which makes typing impossible! It would be nice to have access to this right in the device menu.

    Thanks again. Even without the keyboard brightness, this is an awesome patch.

    -Kevin
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    Add an extra Brightness slider for the Keyboard so that we can control LCD brightness AND keyboard brightness separately.....
    Even without the keyboard brightness, this is an awesome patch.

    -Kevin
    +1
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    Hello Jason,

    I like this patch a lot, but I'm going to add my one simple request to make this patch perfect for me:

    Add an extra Brightness slider for the Keyboard so that we can control LCD brightness AND keyboard brightness separately. Right now I use the "Brightness Unlinked" app to get this functionality, but I get spotty results for the keyboard. Sometimes the keyboard brightness doesn't turn on and I have to reopen the app. This functionality is useful to me because I run my LCD at 0% most of the time, especially in the dark. Unfortunately, at 0%, the keyboard backlight is OFF, which makes typing impossible! It would be nice to have access to this right in the device menu.

    Thanks again. Even without the keyboard brightness, this is an awesome patch.

    -Kevin
    +1
    Yep, I have to say I'd like that as well.
  18.    #98  
    I started work on a dual brightness patch a while ago and will be coming back to it in the near future. once done, I'll also integrate it into my other device menu mixes
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I started work on a dual brightness patch a while ago and will be coming back to it in the near future. once done, I'll also integrate it into my other device menu mixes
    Hmm can you explain that further?

    And also...is there a Device Menu Mix that's JUST LIKE THIS, but without the Flashlight toggle? I've grown accustom to using your more widely optioned LED Torch...so have no need for that to be there.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  20. #100  
    Flashlights shows 'ERROR" as status at the moment.

    Updated to 1.4

Posting Permissions