Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Great Patch! Everybody wants something different LOL I would like one with airplane mode Brightness is not that important to me since I usually set it and forget it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok jason thanks for all the patches and hard work . i can not get the flashlight in device menu to work. is this for your flashlight app or the other one?? or the remove airplane mode patch lol none work for me ??
    I had same problem, Luna restart didn't enable it but a reboot did.
    Jason Can you please fix the airplane more from not working? I am using the path that DB made from your.patch file from preware. Can you please update it so that the phone says airplane mode and that I not actually stay connected to the radios.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    Jason Can you please fix the airplane more from not working? I am using the path that DB made from your.patch file from preware. Can you please update it so that the phone says airplane mode and that I not actually stay connected to the radios.
    I've finally determined the airplane mode issue.

As of the time of this post, I've updated post #1 to have an updated patch.

This updated version fixes an issue preventing Airplane Mode from being started.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    thanks.
    I had trouble getting any of the flashlight in menu patches to load from preware unitl after I removed all of the other menu patches I had. Then I could get the flashlight only patch to work but not the mega ones. Problem was, it turned out, even after removing the GPS in menu patch it still was showing up in the menu. Neither preware or QI recognized the patch still on there but GPS kept showing up in the menu anyway.

So, ok I thought, I will reinstall the other individual patches (roam, brightness, etc) and just stick with the flashlight only patch. At that point the drop down menu stopped dropping down alltogether!

Well an EPR followed by reinstalling all my patches (leaving off all menu patches) got things working again and at that point the Megamenu patches worked.

Moral, before installing megamenu, remove all of the other menu patches and make sure they really are off.

Great patch BTW, love it now that its up and running
    Still having the airplane mode issue for me (put patch on from preware last night). Same as noted above. Use power switch, press airplane mode button but no little airplane.

In the FWIW department, the little airplane has been useful at times to show the flight attendant when she is checking about. Since this seems to be an issue, why not just have a version of Megamenu that leaves the airplane mode in at the bottom?

Also, for those of us who are not patch editor-types, can you make a version that has the light set at 200?

Thanks again
    The Bluetooth toggle is not working properly for mine. Since I've installed this patch, it's backwards. When my Bluetooth is active, it says it's off. When it's off, it says it's on. Other than that, I love the patch.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Does anyone else get this error. If you bring down the device menu then click on phone option. turn off the phone radio then try and turn off the data usage you get a weird thing at the top. It won't let you turn off your data usage. You have to turn off data usage before you can turn off the phone radio. kinda weird sometimes....
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    Does anyone else get this error. If you bring down the device menu then click on phone option. turn off the phone radio then try and turn off the data usage you get a weird thing at the top. It won't let you turn off your data usage. You have to turn off data usage before you can turn off the phone radio. kinda weird sometimes....
    Having same problem. That weird thing at the top is a button for you to hit "ok" for something. if you tap it it goes away. One time it turned data usage off for me, other time left it on. May depend what else you have on or if have data connection active at time, cant figure it out.
    Hi Jason, I have problem on upgrading the megamix. I used preware to upgrade but it fails and warns. Then, I use WOSQI to install it, but still fails. Then, I used WOSQI to unistall it but still fails. However, after reboot the Pre (GSM 1.3.5.2), the top bar still uses the megamix but the preware does not show megamix installed. If I use preware to install the megamix again, it fails.

What should I do now?
    or where I can get/find the original devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs, $devicemenu$-$scene$.$html$ $so$ $that$ $I$ $recover$ $the$ $file$ $and$ $reinstall$ $the$ $megamix$ $again$.

Thx.
    Last edited by gripen; 01/14/2010 at 09:01 AM.
    Last edited by Gilligan3816; 01/14/2010 at 10:08 AM.
    Hi,

I'm hoping you can help me with some issues I'm having with your patches... I initially had the megamix patch on my Pre. I couldn't get my theme off so I could run EPR before updating to 1.3.5.1, so I doctored my phone, this removed all patches except your megamix patch (according to Preware), so then I ran EPR and updated my phone to 1.3.5.1. When I ran Preware again, it said the patch was there, I tried to uninstall, got an error, tried to update, got an error, tried to remove it from the command line, got an error, looked in internalz and couldn't find anything. I installed the individual patches for what I wanted, but the flashlight won't work, so I deleted the individual patches and I used WOSQI to install the patch from this site hoping I could then delete it from Preware, but I couldn't, and I got an error when I tried to uninstall from WOSQI, but now it says it's uninstalled but I can't install it or any other of your other mixes for the menu, I just get an error.

Sorry this is such a long post. Hope you can help me. Thank you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The ultimate in device menu patches!

This removes the date, battery %, and airplane mode. I've added a brightness control, a Phone submenu with radio/data/roaming toggles, GPS toggle, and a flashlight toggle.

Note: this patch requires SysToolsMgr Service on your device for the flashlight to function.

Enjoy!
    I would like to tell you a problem we have with your patches (probably also others) and non english pres.
    Please read here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2155717

Do you think that it is possible to find a solution to this without writing a different patch for every language?
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Having same problem. That weird thing at the top is a button for you to hit "ok" for something. if you tap it it goes away. One time it turned data usage off for me, other time left it on. May depend what else you have on or if have data connection active at time, cant figure it out.

i believe it says something to the effect of "cannot toggle or modify data usage if phone is toggled off" or w/e

it seems to be functioning quite well the only problem is that the popup to let you know that comes from the top and moves upward... completely off the screen. seems it should come from the top and move downwards just an assessment
    ####IDEA#######
    ##############

actually would be great if this is in 1 line instead of 2 lines. i use the megamix patch. i feel if it's just the slider with a small brightness: xx% text is good enough.
    or best so just an brightness icon to replace the word brightness

(Icon)% ( slider )

=0= 45% -----o--------------

all in one line. icon can be sun shape.

what do you think jayson?
    ok so this package is awesome. definitely feel comfortable saying this is how palm should have shipped the pre day 1.

smallest bug detection tho in that when you have the flashlight turned on, and you happen to use the power button to shut the screen off or the timer auto offs....

when you turn the screen back on and hit the flashlight toggle from 'on' to 'off' the light stays on. you then have to turn the toggle back on, and off a second time for the led to turn off.

removal/reinstall of systoolsmanager and both led torch and megamix dont solve this problem it seems to be inherent.

THANKS! your code as always is elegant tho
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdc3ven View Post
    ok so this package is awesome. definitely feel comfortable saying this is how palm should have shipped the pre day 1.

smallest bug detection tho in that when you have the flashlight turned on, and you happen to use the power button to shut the screen off or the timer auto offs....

when you turn the screen back on and hit the flashlight toggle from 'on' to 'off' the light stays on. you then have to turn the toggle back on, and off a second time for the led to turn off.

removal/reinstall of systoolsmanager and both led torch and megamix dont solve this problem it seems to be inherent.

THANKS! your code as always is elegant tho
    I've noticed this, too. It's not a major issue, but it does seem to be a bug.
    This is a fantastic patch, and I agree about wishing Palm had used this configuration at launch.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    I've been having problems with this patch. I love the concept, but I get in situations where I can't turn off roam only and data usage won't turn on...can't figure it out.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    As part of the Great AUPT Update, I decided to remove all of my device menu patches and try the megamix patch. The result is . . . odd. For reasons that are not yet apparent to me, I have ended up with a device menu featuring the Phone on/off toggle (which doesn't work at all) and the Phone submenu (which doesn't work correctly).

When I tap Phone to get the submenu, it opens and immediately slides shut before I can react. The submenu options (Turn off Phone, Data Usage, and Roam Only) are there, but only visible for about a half-second before the submenu closes. The other options appear to be working as expected; specifically, the Wi-Fi submenu opens and closes perfectly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the patch. I have uninstalled the patch, restarted luna, and reinstalled the patch. I have uninstalled the patch, restarted the phone, and reinstalled the patch. (All of the installs and uninstalls were done using Preware.) I don't know what else to try. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast