Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    The Device Menu version seems to reset the power to 100 mA each time I use it. {Jonathan}
    He stated in another thread that the Flashlight option in this patch is hardcoded to run at 100mAh.
    Simple test. Open the flashlight app, set it to 75mAh and flash on/off. Toss away the card and then launch again. The level is back at 100mAh.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Great patch! No grayed-out date and no bothersome airplane toggle, 2 taps to the flashlight and its there, again, great work Jason, many thanks! Btw, how are lovin your Pre?
    love the led torch in drop down. The battery saver app doesn't work with this patch installed just to let you know. The led torch works awsome though. Thanks tons for all your hard work and time.
    I LOVE the LED Torch app - thank you for the work you did Jason. Any chance you could make this patch with Airplane Mode included in the device menu? Reason being I prefer to turn on airplane mode from the device menu rather than the power button. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomeygun View Post
    hmm, thats odd. did you just add the flashlight? Or do the whole remix?
    I used the .patch file in post number one from jason of this very thread
    I did a little research and Jason has two versions and I download the other one, located here. Now, I need to determine which one I like better.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    THIS IS THE ONE THAT I WANT.

Wanna send me that file?
    See the link above or check your PM.
    Jason, I installed this patch from WOSQI and then tested the airplane mode via power button about 3-5 times. Occasionally it worked, mostly it did not even though the power mode button said it was on.
    When it did work, the airplane icon flashed briefly on the top of the screen near the wireless and bluetooth icons and then went away. On the left of the top screen, the text would say airplane mode and would stay visible.

I like the patch otherwise, nice work; if you can fix the airplane mode, I would be grateful.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    great collection... someone ping me when the airplane mode is fixed.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Umm, I didnt get that version. It only shows Battery, Brightness, Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, and then Flashlight. Can you point to the version you are using?
    looks like you're using http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lashlight.html

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The power button is not allowing it to go to airplane mode, in hunk #7 under resetalert in the luanchAirplaneModeHelp section you have [...]
    It then toggles it on and off.
    interesting

On a related note, I'm working on 2 patches (well, one new, 1 updated) related to the reset options. I think you guys will really like it

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    am I correct that the Device Menu version of your Flashlight toggle ignores/resets the power slider from the standalone torch app? The Device Menu version seems to reset the power to 100 mA each time I use it. {Jonathan}
    Correct. All my flashlight-related patches have 100 hardcoded value. However, if you aren't adversed to opening the patch in a text editor, you can just replace every "100" with a different value (only 50, 75, 100, 150, and 200 are valid).

However, it is compatible with LED Torch, in the sense the device menu label will be able to detect if the flash was turned on by the app.

Quote Originally Posted by quickrahn View Post
    Great patch! No grayed-out date and no bothersome airplane toggle, 2 taps to the flashlight and its there, again, great work Jason, many thanks! Btw, how are lovin your Pre?
    I love it. Developing is so much more productive/fun when there's an actual device to try things with, heh
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Ugh went to remove the GPS in device menu patch via Preware although it said it was removed, it's still in the device menu even after a reboot. Can't install the megamix until I run the doctor
    Very nice the accessibility is great!

IMO the power button to enter Airplane Mode is good because I have on occasion turned it on inadvertently.
    Can someone help me remove this?
    Thank me if I helped you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    looks like you're using http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lashlight.html

interesting

On a related note, I'm working on 2 patches (well, one new, 1 updated) related to the reset options. I think you guys will really like it

Correct. All my flashlight-related patches have 100 hardcoded value. However, if you aren't adversed to opening the patch in a text editor, you can just replace every "100" with a different value (only 50, 75, 100, 150, and 200 are valid).

However, it is compatible with LED Torch, in the sense the device menu label will be able to detect if the flash was turned on by the app.

I love it. Developing is so much more productive/fun when there's an actual device to try things with, heh
    ok jason thanks for all the patches and hard work . i can not get the flashlight in device menu to work. is this for your flashlight app or the other one?? or the remove airplane mode patch lol none work for me ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hey Jason, Glad to see you making good use of your Pre.

Any chance you could add the slider to the mega patch?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok jason thanks for all the patches and hard work . i can not get the flashlight in device menu to work. is this for your flashlight app or the other one?? or the remove airplane mode patch lol none work for me ??
    Do you have SysToolsMgr installed? That's what powers it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Hey Jason, Glad to see you making good use of your Pre.
    Any chance you could add the slider to the mega patch?
    What slider?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Do you have SysToolsMgr installed? That's what powers it.

What slider?
    I think he means the slider for led brightness, similiar to the torch app
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomeygun View Post
    I think he means the slider for led brightness, similiar to the torch app
    Yes exactly!

sorry i wasnt clear. lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Hi Jason, thank you very much for your great effort. I really love your patch. But I have trouble on how to remove it. I installed the patch through Preware on my Pre. After I restarted my Pre, the device menu works fine but I am not able to remove it from Preware because it does not recognise that I already have it installed. Could you please tell me how to remove it? (not now but in case the next version of webOS running out).
    Hey Jayson! An idea. Maybe you can consider a vibrate toggle under the phone submenu.

Just make one and it controls Both When it's in normal mode and when it's in slient mode.

So turning vibrate on will allow phone to vibrate on no matter if phone is in slient mode or not, and visa versa.

Another idea not related to this topic is that can you write a patch simular to the field plus patch for treo. What it does is to modify the keyboard so that when you hold a key down while typing text it will key in the Symbol of the key you held down in stead of the key itself.

So e.g. if you press and hold N, N will show up but after holding for a period, lets say 0.5s, the patch actually removes the "N" and replaces with a "?"
    Jason,

Just tried to donate again...and the link isn't working. Tried it through I.E., Firefox, and chrome. you have anyone else report this problem?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast