Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    This simply adds a Flashlight toggle to the device menu. It should be compatible with the other device menu patches, with the exception of the GPS one.

Note: this requires SysToolsMgr Service to be installed on your device.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Rnp likes this.
    could we get this in preware?????
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    great patch btw...
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    could we get this in preware?????
    Please see this post. Long story short, it'll be in preware eventually

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I love this!

I have a flashlight!

- Craig
    Does it work with the Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Does it work with the Pixi?
    I installed everything correctly, and it does NOT work on my Pixi. This makes me sad because the precorder still does not work for my Pixi either.

Im very sad that this doesn't work with the gps toggle. Unfortunately, i value the gps toggle more than this flashlight. I hope in the future this will work with the gps toggle, but for now, I'll have to stick with LED torch.
    Im very sad that this doesn't work with the gps toggle. Unfortunately, i value the gps toggle more than this flashlight. I hope in the future this will work with the gps toggle, but for now, I'll have to stick with LED torch.
    This...thing...is...AWESOME!!!!!!

Thanks * 6 zillion!
    Quote Originally Posted by spectralfish View Post
    You can have both:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/222295-patch-device-menu-megamix.html
    For some reason this doesn't work for me.. I installed SysToolsMgr with no problems, then this patch via Preware, restarted Luna, then when my phone came back up I can see "Flashlight" listed in the device menu, but it doesn't say anything next to it to toggle.. no "ON" or "OFF", it's just blank.. Anyone have any idea how this happened?
    This is bloody awesome... much more useful than a white screen flashlight "app". So quick to get to through the device menu too.

Great work once again!
    Quote Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
    For some reason this doesn't work for me.. I installed SysToolsMgr with no problems, then this patch via Preware, restarted Luna, then when my phone came back up I can see "Flashlight" listed in the device menu, but it doesn't say anything next to it to toggle.. no "ON" or "OFF", it's just blank.. Anyone have any idea how this happened?
    Doesn't work for me either. I just let Preware install everything needed but even after several restarts and reinstallations it still doesn't appear in the device menu at all.

I'm on a german Pre with 1.3.5.2, might that be a reason? Is there a way to test what isn't working?
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Doesn't work for me either. I just let Preware install everything needed but even after several restarts and reinstallations it still doesn't appear in the device menu at all.

I'm on a german Pre with 1.3.5.2, might that be a reason? Is there a way to test what isn't working?
    Same problem here with german gsm pre. Thinks this is a problem with many device menu patches and german language interface. Well it dosen't destroy the whole device menu like older patches of this kind but a fix would be great.

[update] btw myFlashlight! works on my german pre like a charm, altough it's not that comfortable device menu woukd be great
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
    Same issue here. And the kicker-- I was installing this for a friend. It worked fine on my phone, but not on hers. We had just installed Preware and upgraded, and this was basically the only thing we added. And, of course, the main one she wanted.

For what it's worth, the brightness patch worked fine.
    I saw that there was an update for this...so I went to install it and I keep getting an IPKG error:

Postinst
    1 our of 1 hung FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Help? :-)
  18.    #18  
    probably incompatibility with other device menu patches

Here are the patches I have installed:

5x4 Icons v2
    Add Date - MM/DD
    Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss
    Advanced Reset Options
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Character Counter
    Charging Alert Vibrate Only
    Close on Hangup
    Confirm Delete
    Enable Landscape Emails
    Enter Key for New Line
    Improved Filename Format
    Just Charge by Default
    No Battery Level
    Reset to First Page
    SMS Tone per Contact
    Sound Toggle - Grey
    Timestamps - Clean
    Unthrottle Download Manager

Any known issues?
    So...I got bored today and decided to play around with this issue. I ran EPR to remove everything and then successfully re-installed everything.

I wanted to let you know so that you could investigate any possibility of the update/removal procedure not working correctly.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast