1.    #1  
    I remember there used to be a patch where you can push certain keys and it shows you a list of emoticions. I loved that, but I just don't see it anymore. Is there anyway to make another one but this time change it so it types in a smiley face instead of words. Example: :confused = :? Or something like that? It's just that not everyone has emoticions on their phone so if I type in :confused they'll be like? Umm... Okay? Haha. But everyone knows what =) means so if I type that they get the equal sign parathesis and I'll get an emoticion. Just a thought. I still would love the emoticions list.

Or if someone knows all the emoticions and what to type, they can post that here. I always see the different emoticions displayed but idk how to use them all. THANKS!!!
    No patch at this time, but info here on how to get it working...

Basically, the target file is:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json
    You can use the Send option in the menu of WOSQI to replace the file with one that has the correct characters.

I liked the keys opposite the file listed in the thread, so I used the Receive option form the WOSQI menu, and rplace the following lines:

Line 10...
    Code:
        {"keyCode": 75, "letter":"k", "list": ["","","",":doh",":mad",":***",":cool",":cry",":eek",":sad",":omg",":grin",":kiss",":lol",":evil",":meh",":sick",":smile",":wink",":yuck",":eww",":heart",":angel",":redface"]},
    Line 25...
    Code:
        {"keyCode": 90, "letter":"z", "list": [":-)",":-(",";-)","o_O","8)",":'(",":[",":S",":!",":O","^_^","O:-)",":-*",":-D","=-@",":/",":P",":|",":evil",":mad",":heart"]},
    OK, so here's a bonafide patch for the US english file...

It worked on my Pre...I hope it works on your's...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Patch submitted for Preware...

[Patch] Emoticons using sym key
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    No patch at this time, but info here on how to get it working...

Basically, the target file is:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json
    You can use the Send option in the menu of WOSQI to replace the file with one that has the correct characters.

I liked the keys opposite the file listed in the thread, so I used the Receive option form the WOSQI menu, and rplace the following lines:

Line 10...
    Code:
        {"keyCode": 75, "letter":"k", "list": ["","","",":doh",":mad",":***",":cool",":cry",":eek",":sad",":omg",":grin",":kiss",":lol",":evil",":meh",":sick",":smile",":wink",":yuck",":eww",":heart",":angel",":redface"]},
    Line 25...
    Code:
        {"keyCode": 90, "letter":"z", "list": [":-)",":-(",";-)","o_O","8)",":'(",":[",":S",":!",":O","^_^","O:-)",":-*",":-D","=-@",":/",":P",":|",":evil",":mad",":heart"]},
    This is the last patch that I'm having trouble with.
    I had it working, but screwed up a few things last week. I finally got almost everything working yesterday, but still have not gotten this one to work. When I try to install using Preware, it says success, but then one hunk fails.
    The name of the file that is there seems very similar to what you say is getting replaced by the patch, but I haven't been able to remove it. Should I be using the "xxxxx" or the numbers "200.72" when I try to delete the file using WosQI? Or should I try something else?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    This is the last patch that I'm having trouble with.
    I had it working, but screwed up a few things last week. I finally got almost everything working yesterday, but still have not gotten this one to work. When I try to install using Preware, it says success, but then one hunk fails.
    The name of the file that is there seems very similar to what you say is getting replaced by the patch, but I haven't been able to remove it. Should I be using the "xxxxx" or the numbers "200.72" when I try to delete the file using WosQI? Or should I try something else?

Using either WebOS Quick Install or commandline, you probably need to delete this file:

Code:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/resources/xxxxx/alternatechars_table_hack.json
    The patch no longer makes any changes to this file with 200.72 representing the framework version under WebOS 1.3.5:

Code: