Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I'm using this patch bit it's still too much tapping! :P

I know I have too many ideas about how to deal with orientation. Scratch them all, this is the best:

keep orientation allways locked, unless the user is holding meta-tap for 2seconds. User continues to hold meta-tap, and during that time, orientation is free. You can keep rotating as long as your holding meta tap, or set it to how you like, then let go of it. (this combined with the existing portrait when slider is open)

cause I'll type something, then close my phone cause I like to keep it small.....and everytime, it frees the screen orientation, which I'm not a big fan of.
    I cannot download the correct v1.4.5 patch. It downloads a blank file, and I get a 404 when trying to just click on the link
    Does anybody have an ipkg of this for 1.4.5?
    I stumbled across this patch looking for a way to enable the virtual keyboard only in landscape mode. This seems pretty close to what I wanted. I installed the necessary patches and the triple tap to change orientation works fine. However, It seems a bit hard to get the virtual keyboard to come up. When I finally do get it to come up, it seems to disable the triple tap option to lock it into either orientation and then just keeps bringing up the virtual keyboard when trying to triple tap. Am I missing something with this patch?
    Hi samkim,

I'm going to submit this patch to preware for you ok?
    Any chance to see this patch updated for 2.1 ?
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    Any chance to see this patch updated for 2.1 ?
    +1
    ++1

I just got My Home Keyboard, not realizing that neither my Messaging nor Email actually rotate. NOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: Correction. My email goes into landscape...but NOT when creating a new message. *sigh* Is there a patch for 2.1 that does this for email or messaging?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    I created an update to the patch but it doesn't rotate any apps

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/06/2011 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I created an update to the patch but it doesn't rotate any apps

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    lol...what does it do?

I took a look at the first version and compared it to the files...definitely different, but I'm hesitant to try..

On the bitter/sweet upside, I was able to use My Home Keyboard on the internet to post here...and the darn thing takes up 90% of the screen! I could barely see what I was posting. *sigh* So I may be dying to get this patch for nothing..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Somebody was looking for this thread.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    in reply to this patch - wouldn't it be much easier to just put an option in the top right menu to lock orientation, with a shortcut (gesture o?) so it can be performed in pdk apps?

(with a notification saying orientation locked/unlocked)

I just think the way it is currently implemented (at least based on what is said in the first post) is a little overcomplicated
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    lol...what does it do?

I took a look at the first version and compared it to the files...definitely different, but I'm hesitant to try..

On the bitter/sweet upside, I was able to use My Home Keyboard on the internet to post here...and the darn thing takes up 90% of the screen! I could barely see what I was posting. *sigh* So I may be dying to get this patch for nothing..
    I thought the update would allow one to use the patches to control orientation. Patch installs cleanly but no luck with controlling.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    with all the tapping, took me a while to sort figure out how to bring up the virtual keyboard while in landscape. Seems I can't lock into landscape if I want to bring up the vk. But that's fine... it's just nice being able to send a txt without having to open up the real keys while viewing in landscape.

Cheers!
    I applied the patch to a palm pixi plus running 1.4.5, for me this is a must have for using the device sideways in the couch, bed, etc, In my old Palm tx I had the always available dedicated orientation button. Having the accelerometer for screen rotation is nice but sometimes needs to be overridden, I have to make the triple tap on the left gesture area to switch orientation. The double then single tap to return to the original rotation behavior is a little bit tricky though.
    Hi
    Is there any version of this patch available for Palm Pre 3? (Webos 2.2.3)
    Hi,
    I had this patch installed for a while, and it worked perfectly. However, after doctoring my pixi, I get the error described on this thread http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...l-patches.html. Installing patches directly using preware works fine, but installing from WOSQI is broken. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Broken link Please fix!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456