Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    warlord is working on the clock control, interesting it says it is initialized with the facebook beta app but I don't see the rotation yet.
    another idea for this existing patch

how many of you guys actually use the pre upsidedown? I think this patch should disable upsidedown view, atleast in the browser. It would keep me from needingto tap the gesture area 6 times to get it right in some cases.

so +1 for no upsidedown view
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    , interesting it says it is initialized with the facebook beta app but I don't see the rotation yet.
    I use the official release app
    I get the same message with the official version as well. It then just locks it in portrait mode.

If you are using the orientation control it will prevent it from going upside down.
    I get the same message with the official version as well. It then just locks it in portrait mode.
    I don't get any message in facebook about orientation. Am I missing a patch?

If you are using the orientation control it will prevent it from going upside down.
    the 3 meta taps? Yah, but I'd like upsidedown to be disabled even when it's in free rotation.

I have keytoss-orientation-manager-145, and I just installed com-keytoss-orientation-manager-145b to see if that changed anything, so I don't really know what I'm doing lol
    you have to initialize the apps by either tlting phone or turning phone upside down (my preferred method) then tap and hold in gesture area and the letter o and you will see a popup saying restart app to install or something like that and you can then control most apps that rotate. I have found several. The unofficial precentral app can be controlled.
    o cool. Didn't get that the first time. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I have keytoss-orientation-manager-145, and I just installed com.keytoss-orientation-manager-145b to see if that changed anything
    so am I supposed to have both of those installed, or one or the other? I have them both installed right now, the first is from the op, and b is your update
    i installed this patch and it seems like it doesnt work....I triple tapped and it didnt lock in portrait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    i installed this patch and it seems like it doesnt work....I triple tapped and it didnt lock in portrait.
    Initialization
    When patch is installed, it will work with the Browser and Photos apps by default.

To initialize the Orientation Manager on any other app, tilt the top of the screen downward (or just turn the screen upside-down), and press the gesture area and the 'o' key on the keyboard. A notification message should appear. Then restart the app.

To deactivate it for any app, do the same thing.

Note that some apps are slow to detect an orientation change. If the Pre doesn't detect that it's tilted downward, this won't work. Also, the camera app won't show the notification message unless you swipe up to shrink the card.
    Oh..didnt read the initialization part..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Oh..didnt read the initialization part..
    Ha ha! That happened the very time I used it as well. Once I reread I was like ohhh that's why it wasn't working. Ltm.
    Ha ha! That happened the very time I used it as well. Once I reread I was like ohhh that's why it wasn't working. Ltm.
    Yeah lol. I felt so stupid after you posted that. Good thing no one saw me trying to get it to work the first time. I was tapping on the gesture area erratically like, COME ON NOW!...ARE YOU KIDDEN ME. COME ON. Ahhh lol. This is a nefty little feature. LOVE IT!
    I felt the same way. This patch controls many apps. I try all the ones that rotate.
    I felt the same way. This patch controls many apps. I try all the ones that rotate.
    Yeah..i use it to control Twee. It gets annoying when the screen keeps flipping when i move it an inch to the other side.
    I hadn't tried twee thanks for the tip.
    I hadn't tried twee thanks for the tip.
    No problem lol.
    the youtube landscape patch in the op, it also affects videos, making the video/what you see super small when in landscape. Tripple tap to put it back, but that's annoying after awile. Could this be fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    the youtube landscape patch in the op, it also affects videos, making the video/what you see super small when in landscape. Tripple tap to put it back, but that's annoying after awile. Could this be fixed?
    A triple tap locks the orientation. A double tap followed quickly by a single tap puts it back in free rotation. Sounds like you want the free rotation back.
    I want it to not do anything to the video at all, like the very first utube landscape patch
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast