Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    This is an awesome patch. I was just noticing how much time I was wasting shaking my Pre to get it back into proper orientation. Lock mode solves my problem. Thanks,
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    @samkim, would it be possible to change the tap sequence to unlock and update orientation from the current method (double-tap, followed quickly by a single-tap) to a different method (triple-tap, followed quickly by a single-tap) so that it does not interfere with the Virtual Keyboard, which uses a double-tap to invoke?

i would like to use both this patch and the virtual keyboard, but with the current implementation i am unable to use the virtual keyboard at all. thx again for making this patch.
    wont work with 1.4.5
    any updates about 1.4.5?
    The file it references needs to be updated. /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework347.jsjsjs

samkim I am posting the update here until you get around to updating the first post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ive ignored this thread only because i dont like how much tapping is required for the patch, but i do like the idea of this patch. ive suggested gesture+L to toggle orientation lock here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-hardware.html but thats for in card view. i was going to request it in the browser also, but gesture+l is used in the browser shortcuts patch for adding a page to a launcher here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...wser-keys.html

so my other idea to simplify tapping is to all ways keep orientation locked, and to toggle between portrait and landscape with a "gesture+spacebar" (if its not being used) in the browser and other apps. good idea?
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The file it references needs to be updated. /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework347.jsjsjs

samkim I am posting the update here until you get around to updating the first post.
    Thanks mamouton.

I started a new job a few months ago (mobile web at a big travel site), and so I haven't had time to do any webOS development. And since I replaced my Pre twice in the same few months, I've left my Pre patch-less.

I'll update the first post tonight.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    @samkim, would it be possible to change the tap sequence to unlock and update orientation from the current method (double-tap, followed quickly by a single-tap) to a different method (triple-tap, followed quickly by a single-tap) so that it does not interfere with the Virtual Keyboard, which uses a double-tap to invoke?

i would like to use both this patch and the virtual keyboard, but with the current implementation i am unable to use the virtual keyboard at all. thx again for making this patch.
    Sorry for the delay in responding. This patch was designed to be compatible with the virtual keyboard. Just double-tap slowly to invoke the keyboard.
  9.    #69  
    My email rotates when viewing the message is there any way to make it rotate when you are replying or creating a new message? I would like to use the virtual keyboard and without the rotation of a new or reply email it makes it difficult. Thanks!
    I don't understand... You're not able to rotate while composing an email?
  10.    #70  
    Re other special requests, I'm sorry, but I wish I had the time to make more patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I don't understand... You're not able to rotate while composing an email?
    No I am not able to rotate while composing an email. While composing an email it is only available in portrait mode.
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/17/2010 at 08:50 PM.
    mamouton amazing!!

Thanks!
    hey is there any reason why this is not on preware?!
    Why not to submit this cooool patch preware? I almost miss it...
    This is samkim's patch I just update when the os is updated and share here.
    i'm sure samkim wants it to be on preware too! ask him if we could submit under his name?

Chris
    Dumb question. Does this work with the latest landscape email and messaging patches in Preware or do I need to use the specific patches in the first post?
    You don't need the landscape email and messaging patches if you install the patches from post 1. These are the only ones I use and with the global controller almost any other app that has the rotation ability can be controlled.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/09/2010 at 04:15 PM.
    You don't need the landscape email and messaging patches if you install the patches from post 1. These are the only ones I use and with the global controller any other app that has the rotation ability can be controlled.
    Thx, mamouton. I already have the other patches (Preware) installed. I am finding that these do not work w this patch. So your answer confirms thst I need to uninstall the one I have and use those from the first post.

Can't believe that I hadn't seen this one before. I owe you another thx for pointing to it from another thread. Thanks again!
    You are welcome. I have combined the three to make it easier to install after a doctoring.
    I've come around to using this patch, and was wondering if it could be expanded to control the clock app and facebook app
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast