Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ok thanks you got my hopes up for a minute.
    Samkim I hope you don't mind but I used the any key patch you are fritos worked on and I made a patch to use it again with 1.4
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Samkim I hope you don't mind but I used the any key patch you are fritos worked on and I made a patch to use it again with 1.4
    Cool. I added a link to your patch in the first post.
    Thanks.
    seems this patch isn't working with 1.4.1.1.

any chance of an update soon?
    @samkim the global orientation file has moved to
    Code:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework338.jsjsjs
    I renamed the the file name and it works great.
    the messaging orientation line numbers have changed
    Code:
    my-chat .message-container {
    @@ -705,7 +705,7

.chat-entry .chat-balloon {
    @@ -994,7 +994,7 @@
    There were a lot of line additions in the mesage app, All patches in your original thread work great for me with those changes. Just letting you know where the changes are at if you wanted to update them.
  6.    #46  
    Thanks. Fixed orientation patch and landscape messaging patch. Updated links in original post.
    I was sent to this forum to try to enable landscape applications - it sounds great.

FYI - it cannot be found under patches of any kind because I have searched. Enable messaging and text have broken and I was looking for alternates.

Anyway, I have followed directions from post 1, copied to "target", installed via WebOSQI.
    Patches show on phone, but do not work. I have removed the two above, followed directions, led lights shows tapping on gesture area.

Do I need to load or do something else differently? Would love to have these work.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I was sent to this forum to try to enable landscape applications - it sounds great.

FYI - it cannot be found under patches of any kind because I have searched. Enable messaging and text have broken and I was looking for alternates.

Anyway, I have followed directions from post 1, copied to "target", installed via WebOSQI.
    Patches show on phone, but do not work. I have removed the two above, followed directions, led lights shows tapping on gesture area.

Do I need to load or do something else differently? Would love to have these work.
    Sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm not really sure which patches you've installed, and what does not work...

The main patch (which responds to tapping) controls the orientation in the browser by default. Can you lock the orientation with the slider, or change the orientation by triple-tapping?

The other patches enable landscape mode in the other apps when you rotate your device. Which patches don't enable landscape mode on your device?
    Thanks for answering. I have tried everything to get this to work. Saved all patches in 1st post as target to desktop, installed with WebOSIQ. All show as patches on phone. Deleted, booted, reinstalled, booted. Also loaded Any key for camera same way, it works.

The only thing that responds to taps is the LED light. I will open messaging, tilt phone upside down, do double tap plus, triple tap, use slider - nothing. Gesture + o gets universal search.

Nothing will go in landscape mode on my devicde, even the browser or photos you said should work by default.

I used to use Enable mess and email, updates broke them, deleted from phone just in case they conflicted.

It looks like patches aren't on phone from behavior, but show, I'm on 1.4.1

I will deleted these patches off phone, and do all of the above again, just in case, this morning. No update from me means still not working.

Any ideas and good instructions, I will follow.
  10.    #50  
    When you say that nothing will go to landscape, do you mean as a result of triple tapping, or even from turning the device?

1. Be sure that the slider is closed when you turn the device.
    The orientation patch will block the orientation from changing when you turn the device with the slider open. (That's a feature.)

2. Be sure the browser is not in card view when you triple-tap. And do the triple-tap relatively quickly. It should toggle between landscape and portrait.

3. After you install the landscape patch for messaging, test that the messaging app switches to landscape when you turn the device. If it doesn't, then there's no point in the next step.

4. Activate the orientation manager in the Messaging app by turning the device upside-down, and tapping gesture-o. Again, be sure that the Messaging app takes up the whole screen, and is not in card view. Universal Search would come up only if it's in card view, I think. You should see a notification message telling you to restart the Messaging app. After you restart the app, you should be able to control the orientation in Messaging with the taps and slider.
    Thanks for helping. I deleted, booted, reloaded, booted. Landscape doesn't work.
    1. Slider is closed.
    2. Not sure what you mean by "not in card view". Triple tapped (lights blink) with message app full screen, conversation full screen (ready to type), will not rotate.
    3. Turn the Pre upside down, place horizontally and tilt back and forth, slow and fast, nothing.
    4. Turned upside down, tap gesture (light) and o (have to open slider) - goes to universal search.
    Photos and browser to not go to landscape.
    Have vkb, so pressing enough not to bring it up.

In the past with the Enable text and lanscape pathches on, breaking in various upgrades, it has caused these cards to open upside down. The only way to correct was to remove and reinstall after updates. Don't know if that has something to do with this not working, a problem with the accelrator that I do not know how to calibrate or check.

Nothing on my phone rotates, know it used to, some were standard, some were tweaks. I don't know what the problem is, don't really want to doctor back to beginning and put everything back on, especially since I have MHS working, do NOT want to lose it, but second fave apps were landscapes for ease of use, vkb typing, etc.

So, I don't know what else to do, still love the phone, I guess wear my glasses!!
  12.    #52  
    You say that nothing on your phone rotates... But the browser should rotate even without any patches. With the slider closed, if you launch the browser and turn the device, you should be able to switch between landscape and portrait, with no patches installed. If you can't, then you've got a fundamental problem, maybe with the hardware, maybe elsewhere.
    That's why I can't figure out why it quit rotating. I have not hacked the phone, but used Preware and WebosQI to load various patches and programs. When I had Windows, programs would conflict, figured this was it since earlier patches quit working with upgrades. Then the only way it turned was upside down, removal repaired.
    Therefore I had hoped your patches would work, really like the option.
    The only thing I know to do is Doctor the phone, but everything else works fine. And I don't feel like backing everything up, losing some things (happened in past), and MHS is operational. Even doing that might not repair, so thank you for writing a good program for people to use and enjoy.
    Update and hope - I found interactive tests on My Device - phone doesn't rotate, doctored (ugh) and phone doesn't rotate. Palm will trade out or noted exchange at Service/Repair Store, so going to go that route, exchange, reload and try again.

Wish me luck - the last time I went in to ask that question after 1.4.1, the tech wouldn't touch because I had "hacked" my phone. So hopefully, if he made a note, they don't take the time to read past problems and just exchange. Won't do that again, didn't think! And will now play stupid, obviously nothing is on there now!!

Won't have new phone for a few days, and will take time to reload everything, will let you know success (I hope) or try all the above steps again.
  15.    #55  
    I've updated this patch to save the orientation lock state between launches. For example, if you use the Messaging app only in landscape mode, it'll just stay that way without having to set it each time.
    So far so good. Thanks. I often read web pages in bed lying on my side and the accelerometer would always turn it sideways whether portrait or landscape. I tried your Slider Blocks Orientation patch, but prefer to have the option of keeping the keyboard closed.
    I would have even been ok with fully disabling orientation in lieu of the ability to manually rotate, but this is just as good.

Thanks again.
    will you be making this patch available via preware? i didn't even know this patch existed if it weren't for me coming on to precentral this morning and stumbling on this thread. i suspect that a lot of people don't either, because not everyone's checking the forums constantly...they're all going to be missing out on this awesome patch. so, preware please?
    My email rotates when viewing the message is there any way to make it rotate when you are replying or creating a new message? I would like to use the virtual keyboard and without the rotation of a new or reply email it makes it difficult. Thanks!
    Last edited by mamouton; 05/23/2010 at 08:54 PM.
    I've got somewhat of a unique situation. My Pre plus may or may not have gone swimming with me last week and while somewhat miracalously almost everything works again after drying out (yes way!), the accelerameter and usb port are the only 2 things that do not. So you see I desperately need the global orientation patch, however QI is not an option. If this can't get on preware anytime soon, is there any sort of over the air installer? Can you put a disclaimer on it about the incompatible landscape patches and let the masses download this awesome patch...or at least me...pretty please! Browsing without being able to get to landscape is REALLY painful. Any other workarounds I could use?

<snark>
    So while I can't recommend it, submerging your phone may be a way to "globally" (and permenately) disable the accelerameter for those asking for that feature.
    </snark>

Update: USB port is working! So now it is just a busted accelerometer, but still can't use this patch because it requires a functioning accelerometer to activate it. Doh!
    Last edited by slyderz3; 07/04/2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Update
    Just reread the controls and it look like without my accelerometer working there is no way to activate this patch. Can't you add a menu item or just have a key combination instead of having to use the accelerometer to activate a feature that replaces the accelerometer? Maybe I'm the only one in the world with a broken accelerometer, but if not it kind of stinks that the key combination used to activate this prohibits me from using this as a workaround.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast