1.    #1  
    Ok, this patch is a must. This has been bugging me ever since I got my Pre. Ok, so I listen to music all the time on Youtube. Well the problem is, a video stops playing once you touch the power button and turn off the display. If someone could just make a patch where it wouldn't do that, you would have my undieing gratitude. Just like how you can turn off the display/whatever its called when you click the power button, but it still plays music on the music player. Except with Youtube. Honestly what were they thinking when they coded that? I'm sure a lot've people know what I'm talking about.
    This should apply for minimizing the Youtube card as well. If I get a text, I don't need my music stopping on a multi-task phone.
  3.    #3  
    Exactly. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard because we already have the said functionality in another app. Just apply it to the Youtube app.
    +1
    Playing videos taxes the CPU alot which is why it doesn't work minimized. I very much doubt there is a workaround without impacting system/multitasking performance.
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Playing videos taxes the CPU alot which is why it doesn't work minimized. I very much doubt there is a workaround without impacting system/multitasking performance.
    Just have it play the audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Just have it play the audio.
    That would *Most Likely* make it worse.

Because you would then have to decode the video stream in Real-Time and have it output only audio, and possibly also have to then play that audio in a seperate container. Put simply - More Intensive than the latter.

I do feel for you though, would be awesome. Maybe *if* Palm utilizes the GPU to handle the video frame/buffer it might be possible to handle video and other apps properly without having adverse system or battery life performance.