Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is just like my other Device Menu Remix patch, though as the name of this one implies, this one includes a toggle for the LED flashlight!

Just like my just-released flashlight app, LED Torch, this patch requires you to have my SysToolsMgr Service installed.

And yes, I realie other ppl would like other configurations of Flashlight in the device menu, like with the advanced phone options and such, keep in mind this is only the first of the potential device menu arrangements possible.

Enjoy, and be sure to tell me whatcha think

Happy New Year!

For the record, here's what this patch looks like:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/10/2010 at 01:25 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    awesome..been waiting for this thank you

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Can you please release a patch with just the LED Torch in it? I looked at the code and could not figure out what did what.
    I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain of Lite View Post
    Can you please release a patch with just the LED Torch in it? I looked at the code and could not figure out what did what.
    As I said, this was only the first of these patches
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/01/2010 at 06:57 AM.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Thanks as always, Jason! My custom device menu request would include the following (others on/off as needed):

Torch
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Data Connection
    GPS

Question: if I remove all other device menu patches and then install this one, can I add back the Data Connection with that other patch separately? {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Works great. Could one of your patches take the battery percentage out? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As I said, this was only the first of these patches
    Sorry, when I read that I did not get that, in that, you were saying that you were going to release a stand alone patch for the flashlight. I thought it just meant that you were going to release different configurations of your device menu patches - witch logically would include a stand alone flashlight patch in hindsight.

Thanks for your hard work.
    I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
    What is the intensity of the menu switch and is it tied to LED torch. I asked in your other thread as well to make sure it gets covered no matter which thread people open

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Jason is the man!
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    request to make a stand alone LED torch to device menu..
    jason is there a way u can get this to work with the phone radio toggle?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Should include Data and Roam only and get right of GPS.
    I wish I could afford to send you more money. I would. I will before too long, though. (And just so others don't think I'm a cheap SOB, I've sent him a little bit twice already. )

May I suggest a new tab in webOSQI under Tweaks called "Device Menu" that includes a checkable list of all things the user wants displayed in the menu?

For example, I love this one, however, I'd really rather the "Airplane Mode" display there as well. This is so highly individual.....

Maybe make it so users can check/uncheck to add/remove from device menu:
    • Battery level
    • Brightness
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Flashlight
    • Phone
    • Dev Mode (hey, i just thought of that for device menu. good idea, right??)
    • Date
    • Roam
    • Airplane Mode

Maybe even a way to change the order??

Another idea: Just as "Brightness" pulls down a slider, have "Flashlight" do the same?? Have that slider be another option in webOSQI?

Will the Device Menu scroll if there are too many items are displayed at once?

P.S. Jason, are you aware that both applications AND patches are being displayed as "Applications" (with the patches section being blank) in the "Device Management" screen of webOSQI?? I think this started with v1.3.5.
    This is great, I was looking to see if a top bar flashlight patch was available last night.

I agree with Knox though, I would love to pick and choose. Though you have most everything, I just want the date back.
    I've been waitin fo this!! Thanks jason!!!!
    will dis make it to preware?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    May I suggest a new tab in webOSQI under Tweaks called "Device Menu" that includes a checkable list of all things the user wants displayed in the menu?
    Maybe in the future, but currently, patch generation like that is more time than it's worth.

Another idea: Just as "Brightness" pulls down a slider, have "Flashlight" do the same?? Have that slider be another option in webOSQI?
    Nice idea for a future patch, for now a toggle will work. Not really much difference between the lowest(50mA) and the extreme highest (200mA). And given the battery toll 200mA can give, I figured 100mA was a good middle-ground.

Will the Device Menu scroll if there are too many items are displayed at once?
    Yep Maximum 6 list entries on screen without scrolling

P.S. Jason, are you aware that both applications AND patches are being displayed as "Applications" (with the patches section being blank) in the "Device Management" screen of webOSQI?? I think this started with v1.3.5.
    Yea, that's a case of mixed messages from the webOS-Internals folks as to what they were doing with 1.3.5 patching. I'll fix the issue in 2.97

Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    will dis make it to preware?
    yeppers

Also, just so ppl don't feel like I've forgotten, I have 2 flashlight device menu patches coming soon. One as a megamix of what most ppl have said they want, and one that just adds device menu alone to the device menu (it'd be incompatible with gps toggle, but would be compatible with the others)

Wow awesome work Jason

Though quite alot of us would really appreciate it if you could make one without the battery % as there's the battery % in topbar patch for that which quite alot of us use. The battery % in the menu seems like a waste of space tbh but thats opinion.

Thanks however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Maybe in the future, but currently, patch generation like that is more time than it's worth.

Nice idea for a future patch, for now a toggle will work. Not really much difference between the lowest(50mA) and the extreme highest (200mA). And given the battery toll 200mA can give, I figured 100mA was a good middle-ground.

Yep Maximum 6 list entries on screen without scrolling

Yea, that's a case of mixed messages from the webOS-Internals folks as to what they were doing with 1.3.5 patching. I'll fix the issue in 2.97

yeppers

Also, just so ppl don't feel like I've forgotten, I have 2 flashlight device menu patches coming soon. One as a megamix of what most ppl have said they want, and one that just adds device menu alone to the device menu (it'd be incompatible with gps toggle, but would be compatible with the others)

Thanks for all the answers. Sorry to bombard you with so much at once.
  20.    #20  
    Fyi, for those wanting it, here's a patch that only adds the Flashlight to the device menu: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...vice-menu.html

And here's the Megamix patch I suspect many of you have been waitin for http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...u-megamix.html

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast