Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I am some what new at this so if you can help me out a bit that would be great. I went into Preware to see the installed patchs and the "Advanced Phone Men Patch is not there. Can you be a bit more specific? The Webos Quickinstall utility is that the software that I need to run through my PS?
    It appears that you don't have the Advanced Phone Menu patch installed, so you don't have to worry about that. The next step is to get the WebOS QuickInstall setup on your computer. You can get it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Fyi, for those wanting it, here's a patch that only adds the Flashlight to the device menu: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...vice-menu.html

And here's the Megamix patch I suspect many of you have been waitin for http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...u-megamix.html
    Does anyone have/had an "error" in the flashlight line in device menu?
    It appeared from the very first tap of the device drop down after adding the patch
    Quote Originally Posted by zepmaster View Post
    Does anyone have/had an "error" in the flashlight line in device menu?
    It appeared from the very first tap of the device drop down after adding the patch
    I'm fairly certain that means you need to reinstall the SysToolsMgr Service.

i THANK yOU VERY MUCH that worked like a charm & made my day Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by deckardz View Post
    It appears that you don't have the Advanced Phone Menu patch installed, so you don't have to worry about that. The next step is to get the WebOS QuickInstall setup on your computer. You can get it here.
    ok, so I hooked up to Webos on my PC tried to load the Mega Menu and still had the same IPK error. Any other suggestions.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ok, so I hooked up to Webos on my PC tried to load the Mega Menu and still had the same IPK error. Any other suggestions.
    Please go into preware and give us a list of patches that you have installed. It's possible that one of them might conflict with this one.
    Is there a easy way to copy a list of what is installed or do I need to type them all out?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Is there a easy way to copy a list of what is installed or do I need to type them all out?
    I don't know, sorry. First see if there are any that affect the device menu.
    at the root of USB drive, use a text editor on the patches file (can't remember the exact filename). There is also a log file if you need to look at that.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    2 ways:

1. copy your .webosinternals.patches.packages file of your media drive

2. run this command through the commandline in WOSQI
    Code:
    ls /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    then copy & paste the results to a text file deleting any line not containing the word patches

the second is probably the most accurate, since I've noticed the packages file sometimes has packages listed which aren't installed.

11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    2 ways:

1. copy your .webosinternals.patches.packages file of your media drive

2. run this command through the commandline in WOSQI
    Code:
    ls /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    then copy & paste the results to a text file deleting any line not containing the word patches

the second is probably the most accurate, since I've noticed the packages file sometimes has packages listed which aren't installed.

This would be more accurate/easy:
    Code:
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed > /media/internal/package-list.txt
    And that'll output a full list of user installed content to /media/internal/package-list.txt (aka package-list.txt in the root USB Mode folder)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks, Jason!!...That's really cool!...I never thought of it that way.

BTW...You're a genius.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Any chance to get a version working on german Pre.
    I'd help to translate the html files in /resources/de_de/ if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    This would be more accurate/easy:
    Code:
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed > /media/internal/package-list.txt
    And that'll output a full list of user installed content to /media/internal/package-list.txt (aka package-list.txt in the root USB Mode folder)
    Ok, guys here is the list of patches that I currently have installed.

Palm Pre Patch's

Character Counter
    Enable Landscape Messaging
    Hide Amazon MP3 App - Not working currently 4-2-2010
    Hide Nascar - Not working currently 4-2-2010
    Menu Fade Scrim
    Pandora Ad Fix
    TS Charge Alert Fix
    4X4 Icons V1
    Actual Words Instead of Icons
    Ad Blocker
    Add Date - MM/DD
    Add Open URL Menu Option
    Add Option to Send link Message
    Add Roam Control to Prefs
    Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss
    Advance Reset Options
    Alarm Daily Options
    All-Day Events in month View
    Audio/Video Attachments
    Battery Percent and Icon White Red Teal
    Brightness in Device Menu
    Call Block/Rejecter
    Call Duration in Log
    Call history During Call
    Capture with All Keys
    Capture with Volume Keys - Not working currently 4-2-2010
    Close on Hang Up
    Confirm Delete
    Device menu Remix with Flashlight - Not Working Currently Get the IPK ERROR
    Disable Charging Alert Sound
    Enable Dial Pad Vibration
    Enable Landscape Email
    Enable Landscape PDF Viewer
    Enable Vibration
    Fully Transparent Launcher
    Gesture Tap for Info and Delete
    Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Only
    Improved File name Format
    Improved Photo Naming CIMG
    Match State to Area Code
    More Default Snooze Times
    More Reminder Alarm Times
    No Auto-Off While Charging - Not working currently 4-2-2010
    No Date
    Notification Repeat / Calender
    Notification Repeat / Missed Call
    Notification Repeat / Chat alert
    Open to Alarm List
    Raise image Resolution limit
    Really silent Ringer Switch Mute
    Reset Scroll Position
    Reset to First Page
    Ringer Switch Icon
    Simple Shutter Sound Off - Not working currently 4-2-2010
    SMS Vibrate Two Seconds
    Timestamp Clean
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Unlimited Recipients
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Vibrate Two Seconds / Email
    Video Camera Flashlight
    Video Downloads - No Truncating
    Virtual Keyboard

Hopefully you can help me figure out why the Device menu Remix with Flashlight is not working amongst all the other patches that I can not seem to get working. Some are Jason R's and some are not.

15.    #75  
    Ok, guys here is the list of patches that I currently have installed.

Palm Pre Patch's
    [...]

Hopefully you can help me figure out why the Device menu Remix with Flashlight is not working amongst all the other patches that I can not seem to get working. Some are Jason R's and some are not.
    I'm guessing the AUPT script issue that's appeared recently.

All of my patches do currently work (and have been tested/confirmed as such). I suspect AUPT scripts are having issue removing the patch package, and thus can't install the current release.

Only solution people have found thus far: wipe all installed patches via WebOS Repair Utility (with "Override Compatibility" enabled) or EPR
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thank you Jason. I will give that a try this evening.

Thank you for all your great work you have some awsome patches and additions which really make the phone worth owning.

Just curious if you have looked into creating a Profile Patch or app. Here is a link to my ideas that I posted a few days ago. I would be interested to see your feedback.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html

Jason

I wanted to say thank you for your help with this, unfortunately I ended up having to completely wipe my Pre clean and start from scratch as no matter how I did it weather it was EPR, WEB OS Doctor, nothing seemed to work so I had to preform a full erase and start over but I did get everything working perfectly once again.

Thank you.

I read it about three times here and I also ask this question again:
    Is it possible to create a multilanguage patch for the device menu?
    There was one request for spanish and two for german. I also need german.
    Sending the translations should not be the problem.
    I am not able to copy some files in the filesystem of the pre.
    Palm III -> Palm IIIe -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Pre -> HP :-( Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    I wish I could afford to send you more money. I would. I will before too long, though. (And just so others don't think I'm a cheap SOB, I've sent him a little bit twice already. )

May I suggest a new tab in webOSQI under Tweaks called "Device Menu" that includes a checkable list of all things the user wants displayed in the menu?

For example, I love this one, however, I'd really rather the "Airplane Mode" display there as well. This is so highly individual.....

Maybe make it so users can check/uncheck to add/remove from device menu:
    • Battery level
    • Brightness
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Flashlight
    • Phone
    • Dev Mode (hey, i just thought of that for device menu. good idea, right??)
    • Date
    • Roam
    • Airplane Mode

Maybe even a way to change the order??

Another idea: Just as "Brightness" pulls down a slider, have "Flashlight" do the same?? Have that slider be another option in webOSQI?

Will the Device Menu scroll if there are too many items are displayed at once?

P.S. Jason, are you aware that both applications AND patches are being displayed as "Applications" (with the patches section being blank) in the "Device Management" screen of webOSQI?? I think this started with v1.3.5.
    +1 it'd be awesome to be able to select the options that one wanted
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyZR1 View Post
    Would love for this patch to include GPS, flashlight, AND airplane mode!
    Me too! Using the advanced power button patch, but it's slow (more accurately, I'm impatient).

Don't want to step on toes (least of all Jason's - his work is impeccable ), but anyone edited the patch to remove the sectio of code deleting the airplane mode, and willing to send/post it?

Thanks in advance!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast