Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    interstingly, adding the flightmode funcitonality back to the devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs $like$ $Palm$ $originally$ $had$ $it$ $there$, $the$ $Advanced$ $Reset$ $Options$ $flighmode$ $button$ $works$ $again$.
    maybe it uses the same functionality.

you can try to push my devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs ($and$ $make$ $a$ $backup$ $of$ $yours$ $before$ $you$ $push$ $mine$...$erm$. $yes$.)

this is Jasons JSJSJS $file$, $with$ $the$ $addition$ $of$ $flightmode$ $support$. $I$ $also$ $added$ $flightmode$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $devicemenu$ $scene$ $file$.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2.    #42  
    Just a note, I'm aware of the Airplane Mode issues in my device menu mixes, and a fix is on the way
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    thanks Jason

it is not urgent as just copying back the parts you edited out from the stock devicemenu* files seems to work fine.
  4.    #44  
    Here'as a fixed 1.4 version of this patch that fixes the issue with AirplaneMode. The update has also been submitted to the webos-internals servers and should be on Preware/WOSQI soon
    Attached Files Attached Files

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm also having the flashlight Error in menu megamix and ultramix. I've tried reinstalling systoolsmgr and it still does not work
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    found the error, I had to delete the systoolsmgr, restart luna, reinstall systoolsmgr, restart java, install megamix, restart luna. Fixed!
    I installed the updated patch and it doesn't work. It installed fine w/ WOSQI, LUNA restarted, but no change is visible to the device menu.
    I have a VzW Pre Plus w/ WebOS 1.4. Note that the megamix patch exhibited the same behavior.
    But flashlight & brightness in device menu both work.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    I installed the updated patch and it doesn't work. It installed fine w/ WOSQI, LUNA restarted, but no change is visible to the device menu.
    I have a VzW Pre Plus w/ WebOS 1.4. Note that the megamix patch exhibited the same behavior.
    But flashlight & brightness in device menu both work.
    no real reason why it wouldn't work properly. Are you on a non-english language setting?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    no real reason why it wouldn't work properly. Are you on a non-english language setting?
    It seems I'm having a problem similar to this...When I try to install a patch file via WOSQI, the transferring and applying takes a long time, but seems to complete and does a luna restart.

After this, I can see the patch hasn't made any changes, and the webos-patches log file doesn't show any activity nor is the package listed in the .webosinternals.patches.packages file...The patch does however show as installed via Device Management.

What am I doing wrong or missing?

10.    #50  
    oh
    it's due to the webos-internals scheduled server maintenance. WOSQI is unable to download the postinst/prerm scripts and thus the patch package installs but doesn't apply.

oh
    it's due to the webos-internals scheduled server maintenance. WOSQI is unable to download the postinst/prerm scripts and thus the patch package installs but doesn't apply.
    Thanks a bunch!!!

My apologies because I just saw the the thread Rod created for the sever maintenance.

Yea it's the server maintenance...I just tried installing the flashlight and battery icon using the WOSQI. They installed but didn't work. I uninstalled them through Preware and then installed them through Preware and they work now.
    Nope, using english.
    I waited for the webos servers to be updated, and retried the patch today, with the same results. No errors upon install, but still no visible change to the dev menu.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have tried to install this patch, but it won't install on my Pre. The error message is:
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by deckardz; 03/28/2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Typo
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Also, here is the list of other patches I have installed:
    Advanced Phone Menu
    Brightness in Device Menu
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Date As Carrier String
    Device Temperature Warnings
    Reduce Minimum Brightness

I'll try removing Brightness in Device Menu and see if that helps.
    Update: It didn't help, except that perhaps fewer hunks failed. Not sure if that's relevant.
    Last edited by deckardz; 03/28/2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Update
    Quote Originally Posted by deckardz View Post
    Also, here is the list of other patches I have installed:
    Advanced Phone Menu
    Brightness in Device Menu
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Date As Carrier String
    Device Temperature Warnings
    Reduce Minimum Brightness

I'll try removing Brightness in Device Menu and see if that helps.
    Update: It didn't help, except that perhaps fewer hunks failed. Not sure if that's relevant.
    Remove that advance phone menu patch and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkoont View Post
    Remove that advance phone menu patch and see what happens.
    OK, I just tried that but it didn't make any difference.

Update: I tried again, this time using Preware instead of WebOS QuickInstall, and it worked! Thanks bigkoont!
    Last edited by deckardz; 03/29/2010 at 12:41 AM.
    I when I load this I am getting the following:

Patch
    Error Installing: See IPKG Log

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this to work properly?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I when I load this I am getting the following:

Patch
    Error Installing: See IPKG Log

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this to work properly?
    You might be having the same problem I was having. In my case, I had to remove the Advanced Phone Menu patch, and then install this patch using the WebOS QuickInstall utility (as opposed to Preware).
    HTH.
    I am some what new at this so if you can help me out a bit that would be great. I went into Preware to see the installed patchs and the "Advanced Phone Men Patch is not there. Can you be a bit more specific? The Webos Quickinstall utility is that the software that I need to run through my PS?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast