1.    #1  
    i was using my brothers phone (a hero) and i saw this cool feature and figured somebody at precentral could maybe make one. Its a pretty cool way to securely unlock a phone.
    heres a vid if you need an example.
    Last edited by hockey4life0099; 12/30/2009 at 07:25 PM.
    yea my wife has the samsung moment and that feature is cool....it would be better on the pre tho
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by markryshenry View Post
    yea my wife has the samsung moment and that feature is cool....it would be better on the pre tho
    ya, i pick up my brothers phone only to unlock it and set it back down (and then unlock it again, its so fun.lol) he ended up taking the phone back and getting a pre instead, so now i really need this.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'd love to see this one too.
    It seems cool but it's super easy to break into, I worked with a guy who had one. Every time he left he would have to wipe the screen clean or you would clearly see the pattern, and there would only be two possibilities. To add to this, his couldn't repeat the same dot which made it even easier to break in. And then I eventually learned that even if he wiped it all you had to do was breathe on it and that pattern would show up anyway.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm not sure that that method of screen locking is really meant to secure the phone, more to prevent pocket dialing/usage and the like.

If you *really* want to secure your phone, you probably want to go to a PIN-based unlock.

All that being said, I'd like to see that unlock method stolen from Android if possible. It's cooler than the "swipe up" that we currently have, IMO.
    I don't think the current SDK allows us access to that area of the OS (locking/unlocking)?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I would like to see a patch that gives you the option to enable/disable lock feature, the only time it is necessary is when your phone is a pocket/purse. Most of the time it is just an extra step that becomes annoying everytime your phone goes into sleep mode.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I don't think the current SDK allows us access to that area of the OS (locking/unlocking)?
    *nods* Doesn't surprise me. If it's not possible, oh well. Would be a nice option if there is a way.
  10.    #10  
    ya, its not the most secure but you can get more creative with your pattern if you really want security (or a pin). personally idc about that too much, i just want it to unlock my phone.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    +1 - This is one of my favourite Android features, doubles as a swipe to unlock and as light security at the same time. Anyone able to do this? I've even installed this on my jailbroken iTouch!