Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Sorry I didn't see a thread for this patch.

This is causing my phone to lock up for quite a while whenever I unlock the screen.

Apps are unresponsive, button taps lag badly, etc.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the patch a couple times to make sure it was the culprit.

Was working great in 1.3.1

Anyone else having seeing this?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Had same problem in 1.3.1 and now in 1.3.5...had to delete this patch.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I can't get this patch to remove getting an error when trying to remove via Preware...it simply says error removing patch see IPKG log....anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I had the same issue and had to uninstall. The patch worked fine for me in 1.3.1, but in 1.3.5, my phone becomes completely unresponsive for minutes.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I was having issues as well, then couldn't remove. I did the WebOS Dr tonight, well am still doing it. Can anyone tell me what the best method of installation of patches? Preware or WebOS QI? I can't remember how I installed them after EPR and installing 1.3.5, but couldn't then see them in WebOS QI or remove them via Preware.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Heh for me it was opening the camera app all kinds of ways from unlock swipe to slide open to drop on floor regardless of being in landscape. Luckily it took many pictures of the floor, my hands etc and assorted booths at CES currently being built. .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't have any technical problems when I use this app but it is getting annoying because it opens the camera too often. My problem is that I can't uninstall it with Preware or QI. I wish the developers of these patches would post the script that you can copy & paste in the root castle/ terminal to install and uninstall these patches. I don't want to run the webos doctor or epr.
    Yeah I had issuse after I updated to 1.3.5. Didn't know for sure if this patch was causeing it I just removed it cause it would take random pics when I woud swipe to kill the app, combined with the take pic with any key patch. Never reinstalled this patch and my phone is working perfectly now. Excellent patch idea, just wish I could choose when I want to have this patch active and unactive without erasing and re-downloading it.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    How to uninstall it?
    had to dump it as well

to uninstall use webOSQinstall, device management (from the dropdowns) then check the appropriate patch then click uninstall
    I've been trying to figure out this problem for a few days now and I'm tempted to just smash it and get a new one through Best Buy's replacement program.

Timeline:
    Monday: Pre acting weird, freezing up.
    Tuesday: Keyboard not working. I can't bother to peel out the battery again so, Partial Reset time.
    Wednesday: Trying to reinstall PreWare, etc... I notice all my patches are active, but not listed. Not even in the WebOSQuickInstall. This is particularly irritating because I want to remove the "Launch camera when Unlocked" one that is launching randomly.
    Thursday: Reading through forums for a fix to remove ALL patches. I already tried a full erase, new palm profile, but the "invisible" patches are still there.

Advice? I promise not to homebrew and patch my phone if I can just get it back to factory settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by helenrips View Post
    I've been trying to figure out this problem for a few days now and I'm tempted to just smash it and get a new one through Best Buy's replacement program.

Timeline:
    Monday: Pre acting weird, freezing up.
    Tuesday: Keyboard not working. I can't bother to peel out the battery again so, Partial Reset time.
    Wednesday: Trying to reinstall PreWare, etc... I notice all my patches are active, but not listed. Not even in the WebOSQuickInstall. This is particularly irritating because I want to remove the "Launch camera when Unlocked" one that is launching randomly.
    Thursday: Reading through forums for a fix to remove ALL patches. I already tried a full erase, new palm profile, but the "invisible" patches are still there.

Advice? I promise not to homebrew and patch my phone if I can just get it back to factory settings.
    a full erase followed by a doctor will always return the phone to bone stock form... unless there is some kind of weird hardware problem that I can't think of.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    yeah saw the same lag issues and random camera operation

had to dump the patch, still a little laggy but i have a ton of patches on there