1.    #1  
    So I used the EPR patch and uninstalled my theme before updating to 1.3.5. Everything went fine. I reloaded some patches including add/delete launcher pages. I noticed suddenly I only had one page and not access to any app or program that was on the other pages. I added a page to see if that would maybe make my other pages appear(yeah I know there is no logic to that last step). I tried to uninstall using Preware and it would give me an ipk error. I realized my phone was in dev mode from reinstalling preware so I took it out of dev mode and rebooted the phone. Well now all my pages were back except now I have that extra page I had added. I no longer have the option to add or delete pages. I thought maybe it ended up removing the patch even though I got the error. I decided to reinstall the patch but it says I still have it. Any ideas on why this may be happening or what my options may be short of the Doctor?
    I have a (possibly) related "issue", I haven't yet upgraded to 1.3.5, but I used EPR and successfully removed all patches except I still have my extra pages. Wondering if I should try to resolve this first before updating to 1.3.5 or just go ahead and hope for the best. I don't have the option to add/remove pages anymore though, so the patch has uninstalled, but I'm just left with the increased pages. Any advice?
    Last edited by swiharta; 12/29/2009 at 03:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Once you have extra pages, removing the patch that allows them to be added does normally not remove the extra pages-- you shouldn't have anything to worry about, swiharta.
    Go ahead and update to 1.3.5 with the extra pages, I did. Nothing bad happened, but interestingly enough you do keep your extra pages after the update.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I think the pages remain because there's a setting in WebOS that has a "# of pages" and layout settings.. those don't get removed by removing the patch- just the "Add/delete page" ability.
  6.    #6  
    I appreciate your responses but I think you missed my point. I tried to uninstall the patch to no avail. I figured I would have to reinstall to get rid of my extra blank page. Well it says I have the patch installed but I have no options to delete or add pages. I can't uninstall the patch so I feel stuck. I have reordered my apps/icons to make use of the other page but it just a little bit annoying as far as organization goes. I'm sure I'll either learn to live with it or doctor it when the 1.3.5 version comes out.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Has anyone had an update on this issue? I have something very similar. I downloaded the add/delete patch before 1.3.5, but it didn't install correctly. It shows on Preware that I have installed it (although it doesn't show on the app launcher menu that I can add/delete pages), but won't let me delete the patch. I've tried everything, even Doctoring the phone. I reinstalled Preware after Doctoring, and it still shows that I have the patch. Everytime I try to remove I get an IPK Error. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by Vital0gy View Post
    Has anyone had an update on this issue? I have something very similar. I downloaded the add/delete patch before 1.3.5, but it didn't install correctly. It shows on Preware that I have installed it (although it doesn't show on the app launcher menu that I can add/delete pages), but won't let me delete the patch. I've tried everything, even Doctoring the phone. I reinstalled Preware after Doctoring, and it still shows that I have the patch. Everytime I try to remove I get an IPK Error. Any ideas?
    Use webOS Quick Install and install the patch (even though Preware says it's installed). Run a Luna restart. Use wOSQI to remove the patch. Run a Luna restart. Unplug from wOSQI. Remove your theme using Preware, if you have a theme. Run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) from Preware. Reload your patches. Reload your theme. Should fix/remove faulty ipk code. It works for me, although I have seen a couple of posts where it did not work for others.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Use webOS Quick Install and install the patch (even though Preware says it's installed). Run a Luna restart. Use wOSQI to remove the patch. Run a Luna restart. Unplug from wOSQI. Remove your theme using Preware, if you have a theme. Run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) from Preware. Reload your patches. Reload your theme. Should fix/remove faulty ipk code. It works for me, although I have seen a couple of posts where it did not work for others.
    Thanks! Worked perfectly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital0gy View Post
    Thanks! Worked perfectly!
    Welcome.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Just noticed I had this same issue. Tried to uninstall, wont, get this error log

Went to WOSQI, tried to uninstall from there, no go

Found it in Tweaks, in WOSQI, and it seemed to install.

Not sure if I should now leave well enough alone, or go thru the rest of the process above to remove and reinstall???

I know this post is from a few months ago, but it was the only one that seemed to have my same issue, and did not want to start a new post about it.

Anyone have any insight?

TIA
    Diane
    Last edited by dianehelen; 04/17/2010 at 09:16 AM.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre