Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    One of the features I liked about my old Treo was the character counter built-in to the messaging application. I thought it would be useful on the Pre, so I modified the messaging application to show the current character count.

Donate:
    If you find this patch useful, donations would be greatly appreciated.
    Rnp likes this.
    Thanks much -- I see you just started this thread yesterday, but I've had this patch installed for quite a while now.... Is this a different patch or are you just late to the game to start an official thread for it?

Regardless, your thread it quite timely for me. Since I'm now having problems after a botched post-1.3.5 update preware install due to a too-many-cards error while installing the Char Counter patch... Details are here...

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2115842

From my understanding this has nothing at all to do with your patch specifically. So basically, I'm assuming your patch works just fine in 1.3.5 --- and that it any other patch could just have easily been botched during that install. So, while I've also posted in the Preware thread, to see if I can get my Pre back to a clean state, I wanted to ask here as well.

Are the core WebOS files patched by the Char Counter 1.3.5-1 version the same as their 1.3.1 counterparts? -- if so, I can just extract these from the 1.3.1. tar file and use WebOS QI to send them to the appropriate location on my Pre?

If these files were changed by 1.3.5, then I guess I'll have to wait until the 1.3.5 WebOS Dr comes out to grab that TAR file and get the files to fix the botched install?
    Just wanted to update you....

For whatever reason, the botched install which Preware wouldn't remove, was fixed just fine using WebOS QI to remove the patch.
    I love this patch. It is one of the first things I noticed that was lacking about WebOS after switching from my Centro. Seems like such a small thing, but not to me. THANK YOU!!!
    This is one of my favorite patches. Thank you for setting up the thread!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HattCzech View Post
    One of the features I liked about my old Treo was the character counter built-in to the messaging application. I thought it would be useful on the Pre, so I modified the messaging application to show the current character count.

Donate:
    If you find this patch useful, donations would be greatly appreciated.
    Is it just me that doesn't see the patch? Or a link to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Is it just me that doesn't see the patch? Or a link to it?
    The patch is and has been available via the WebOS-patches feed, you can access them via both Preware or WebOS QuickInstall(Tweaks>Online Repository).
    yes but it doesnt seem to work does it? im on 1.3.5.2
    I'm currently using it on 1.3.5.1 with no problems.
    Thanks a lot! That's something the iPhone cannot do

Quote Originally Posted by andywoodstick View Post
    I am on 1.3.5.2 and it works like a charm. Have you tried luna-manager/rebooting?
    Quote Originally Posted by andywoodstick View Post
    Works fine on my 1.3.5.2

And to answer #2 question above, I installed this patch way before this thread was started and it's the HattCzech one, so yes it seems he's just late to the 'start a thread' party.

Great patch HattCzech, along with the 'enter for newline' it makes messaging app 100% usable
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I saw this patch was updated in Preware. What changed from 1.3.5-1 to 1.3.5-15?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I saw this patch was updated in Preware. What changed from 1.3.5-1 to 1.3.5-15?
    I, too, am wondering the same.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    +1, curious if I need to update (would like to, to get the update cleared).
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    HELP!!! I did the epr, and started re-installing all my patches and all of them work fine.....except this one, which worked previously. the file that seems to be giving me problems is chatview-assistant.jsjsjs. $it$ $says$ $its$ $ignoring$ $that$ $hunk$. $i$ $dont$ $know$ $enough$ $about$ $editing$ $these$ $files$ $to$ $know$ $what$, $if$ $anything$, $can$ $be$ $done$. $if$ $anyone$ $has$ $any$ $ideas$ $please$ $let$ $me$ $know$. $i$ $really$ $miss$ $having$ $this$ $on$ $my$ $phone$
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    +1, curious if I need to update (would like to, to get the update cleared).
    Don't know if it's new, but I noticed today that if I go over the 160 limit I get a "2" bubble over the 'send arrow' bottom right, which therefore tells me I'm into my 'second' sms message.

Is that the result of the update or was it there before ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Don't know if it's new, but I noticed today that if I go over the 160 limit I get a "2" bubble over the 'send arrow' bottom right, which therefore tells me I'm into my 'second' sms message.

I'm almost certain this is part of the core SMS app (and that it's been that way since the early days - got mine early Sept 09 and I think I remember noticing it in a very early text message)...

It's quite amazine what 'new' things we continue to notice so many months later.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post

This is definitely a feature of the built-in Messaging app that has been there all along and is not related to this patch.
    I updated this patch yesterdat via Preware and it seems to mess up my email app. My email app and email notifications are blank. Just white screens. I removed the patch and everything is back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    I updated this patch yesterdat via Preware and it seems to mess up my email app. My email app and email notifications are blank. Just white screens. I removed the patch and everything is back to normal.
    Can't imagine how this would have any affect on your notifications. Did you try rebooting after you loaded the patch? Did you load anything else? Does your email notification work properly if you remove this patch? (be sure to reboot after you do just to be sure)?

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    j22barb likes this.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast