Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Not working for me too after the 2.2.4 update.
    Pre 2 EU Unlocked 2.2.4
    I see the bubble, but not any numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Pre 2 EU Unlocked 2.2.4
    Did you reinstall the patch?
    This patch is not listed as available in Preware for the Pre3 with 2.2.4.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Did you reinstall the patch?
    Yes, tried twice. Is there any known patch conflict?
    Altough the patch installs and uninstalls fine and I've been having it with 2.1 without problems. I don't think I installed anything different.
    Don't understand that. I worked through the patch and all of the locations are unchanged. (compared with the Dr files)
    Well.....I say the same!!!

The only feature that is respected it's the message counter......but not the character one!!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Yes, tried twice. Is there any known patch conflict?
    Altough the patch installs and uninstalls fine and I've been having it with 2.1 without problems. I don't think I installed anything different.
    I'll download the Pre 2 Dr and see if there is a difference.
    I'll download the Pre 2 Dr and see if there is a difference.
    That did not help. All of the affected files in webosdoctorp224pre2wr.jar are identical to the webosdoctorp224mantawr.jar files that I was looking at.
    Pre 2 EU Unlocked 2.2.4
    I only get the counter to work when I'm sending sms. All other IM not showing the number -just the empty bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    This patch is not listed as available in Preware for the Pre3 with 2.2.4.
    I'm also not seeing the patch in Preware for the Pre3 with 2.2.4.
    Last edited by anseld1986; 12/31/2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Not see, also here..
    Pre 3 2.2.4 3175
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I used the article from the from the front page a week or two ago to add the 2.2.3 feed to Preware, installed the Character Counter and then disabled that feed. Works great. I don't know enough to dare touch the package at Preware.org to mark it OK for 2.2.4 but in a week or so of using it I haven't had any problems. VZW Pre 3 on 2.2.4

Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    The patch from the 2.2.3 feeds works for me too. SMS and Skype.

o2, german pre3, 2.2.4
    I tried installing it through webosqi, it says "Unable to connect to webos internal servers"
    cannot download AUPT script.

I don't understand why nobody uses Preware anymore.. used to have hundreds of patches now only has a handful.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I tried installing it through webosqi, it says "Unable to connect to webos internal servers"
    cannot download AUPT script.

I don't understand why nobody uses Preware anymore.. used to have hundreds of patches now only has a handful.
    NOBODY USES PREWARE!!!??? What are you talking about??? Preware is the first app I used to install every time I Doctor my device!!! I think what you think is just a lie!!! Preware is essential to the operation of the device!!!

Regards!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Calm down mate, you don't need to use so many exclamation points to state your view. I meant that so many patches are not available on Preware anymore, like fix for no bookmarks, character counter, new line in messaging... You don't need to tell me how useful is Preware, I have tried Internalz for installing patches and it's absolutely pointless and nobody can explain me what's wrong with it, now even webosqi starts giving me silly errors.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    No offense intended, crowning73, but your postings do not really make me think you'd actually tried to understand what you're doing. So why don't you just USE your device and stop complaining about things?
    Juggernaut I fail to see what brought this on, been signed up to this forum for a while (and the previous one before this), even helped others at times wouldn't you believe... and I think you haven't heard me for a while, unfortunately after the OTA update I'm having a few problems I can't find the solution for, your no-offence-intended post was no useful to me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosxeng View Post
    Not see, also here..
    Pre 3 2.2.4 3175
    Same here --Pre3, UK

And this was a GREAT patch
    You won't see it in Preware, you can download it here [Patch] Messaging - Character Counter and use WEBOSQI to install it, I'm on a Pre3 2.2.4 as well and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Still the same for me. I get only the bubble and no numbers in SMS.
    Maybe there is a conflicting patch?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast