Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    That was really really fast.
    I just installed the patch and it works now :-) Got a character counter on a german pre-.

Thank you very much for your effort!
    Last edited by HarryNator; 03/05/2011 at 06:03 AM.
    thank you very much, i can also confirm that this now works my german pre. GREAT!
    The patch has been updated in Preware, so if you have a language other than English and the patch did not work before, please try it now.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    The patch has been updated in Preware, so if you have a language other than English and the patch did not work before, please try it now.
    I updated but it is not working. Anyone else agree?

I didn't really like how it functioned anyway. It was much nicer on 1.4.5
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I updated but it is not working. Anyone else agree?

I didn't really like how it functioned anyway. It was much nicer on 1.4.5
    It functions the same as on 1.4.5....?

Also, can you tell me what language you are using?

EDIT: Er, okay, the Preware version is not working for me either. Not sure why...it's the same version I installed on my phone with WOSQI before I uploaded it. I'll take another look.

EDIT 2: Er, well, for some reason the patch on Preware is completely blank, there is nothing in it. So....that's why it doesn't do anything.

EDIT 3: I resubmitted it, hopefully it will not be blank whenever it gets approved. Until then, here is the all-language version:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by malpha; 03/08/2011 at 11:53 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I remember the original patch being a small blue bubble as the counter. This enlarges the text area where the original patch didn't.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Patch on 1.4.5:

Attached Images Attached Images
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Patch on 1.4.5:

Patch on 2.1.0:

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Ohh.. it looked totally different for me before I updated. Strange...
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Ohh.. it looked totally different for me before I updated. Strange...
    i saw the same thing. enlarged black text/no bubble. Luna restart fixed it

malpha, thanks for porting this!!!
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts. - Sign on Einstein's office door
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    There was another update to the patch just now, but Preware shows it's installed size as 0 bytes
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    There was another update to the patch just now, but Preware shows it's installed size as 0 bytes
    Can you try removing the patch, luna restarting, and updating the feeds and reinstalling again? I installed the patch from Preware this morning and it worked. I checked the ipk online again just now and the patch file is not empty, so it should work.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    On webOS 1.4.5 the character count was instantaneous, but now on webOS 2.1.0 it takes a while for the character counter to get updated. It is rather slow at counting.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    On webOS 1.4.5 the character count was instantaneous, but now on webOS 2.1.0 it takes a while for the character counter to get updated. It is rather slow at counting.
    It sort of is and it sort of isn't. If you type one character, it takes a second to update, I presume because it is expecting you to type another character. If you type many, after you stop, it updates instantaneously. So essentially, the patch does not update until you stop typing or you've typed a lot of characters. I don't check the character counter after every letter I type, so it doesn't bother me.

Also, please note this patch is virtually the same on 2.1.0 as it is on 1.4.5. There is one line of difference basically (plus the addition of the language accomodations). Any difference in operation/speed is the fault of 2.1.0.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Can you try removing the patch, luna restarting, and updating the feeds and reinstalling again? I installed the patch from Preware this morning and it worked. I checked the ipk online again just now and the patch file is not empty, so it should work.
    Hm, works fine. Strange how Preware said 0 bytes.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Any difference in operation/speed is the fault of 2.1.0.
    I am sure it is either because of webOS 2.1.0 or else the 'lemon' Pre 2 of mine. Either way, the lag in counting by the character counter is quite irritating.

I am sure it is either because of webOS 2.1.0 or else the 'lemon' Pre 2 of mine. Either way, the lag in counting by the character counter is quite irritating.
    Get your lemon replaced Sanjay. You shouldn't be having all these problems. If you wait too long, HP/Palm may make it hard to replace...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Get your lemon replaced Sanjay. You shouldn't be having all these problems. If you wait too long, HP/Palm may make it hard to replace...
    It's more than just a little complicated for me to get the Pre 2 replaced. I got the phone from the US, whereas I am in India. Also, I have sent my 'AT&T Pre +' to the US for exchange under warranty, due to a cracked USB, thus the Pre 2 is the only phone I have for now. Have to wait for the Pre + to be replaced and then get it to India before I can send the Pre 2 in for replacement. I am not too sure whethewr HP is going to consider the Pre 2 a lemon and thus fit for replacement.

It's more than just a little complicated for me to get the Pre 2 replaced. I got the phone from the US, whereas I am in India. Also, I have sent my 'AT&T Pre +' to the US for exchange under warranty, due to a cracked USB, thus the Pre 2 is the only phone I have for now. Have to wait for the Pre + to be replaced and then get it to India before I can send the Pre 2 in for replacement. I am not too sure whethewr HP is going to consider the Pre 2 a lemon and thus fit for replacement.
    Ahh that's right! You're in India. Fair enough then. I have the same concerns with my Pre 2 and Pre Plus in Australia. Its a lot of trouble to replace.

But then again, if you put in that much time, effort and money ($500) for a phone, you want it to work. I'd recommend that you get on the line to HP/Palm support, work out what you're options are and take it from there when your Pre Plus gets back.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I'm seeing a strange conflict between two patches and I'm wondering if anyone else is using the same two ("Character Counter" and "Timestamps Clean") and seeing the same issues. When either patch is installed by itself, they each function as expected. However when they are both installed, I can no longer scroll up and down in a message conversation. This is on a Sprint FrankenPre2 running v2.1.0.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast