Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I just updated this patch. Thank you! I missed it greatly!
    Thank you
    Any chance of getting this updated for 2.1?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Any chance of getting this updated for 2.1?
    +1
    +1 really miss this one on 2.1!
    +100 for a 2.0.1/2.1 update Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    + another 100 on this patch for webOS 2.x Thank you. I miss having it like I did on my Pre Plus
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I updated this patch for 2.1.0. it will appear in the feeds whenever it gets approved.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I updated this patch for 2.1.0. it will appear in the feeds whenever it gets approved.
    That's great! Thanks. Will it also work on 2.0.1?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    That's great! Thanks. Will it also work on 2.0.1?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hmm, I don't know...why don't you throw it on your device and try it out for me?

I don't have 2.0.1, so while I can get the files that this patch modifies for it, somebody's gotta take the plunge for me.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    thanks for that patch.i installed that patch,but after luna reboot or complete restart of the device, it still doesn't show me the character number if a type in the messaging app. Maybe because my device is in german language?anyone got the same problem?

webos 2.1, pre- O2

much appreciated if that works
    It works on a vz pre2 with 2.1. However, it does not have the "161.2" to indicate that it will be sent as two messages. Can that be added?
    @Luihart:

I can't really say...none of the files that are altered are in language specific folders, so I would think it would be the same for each country. Especially since 2.1 is currently based on the same doctor for everyone. ^^;; It may be another patch has altered your messaging app, I'm not really sure. It's funny, I updated another patch for 2.1 and it worked perfectly, then it just stopped working and I didn't do anything different at all, but no one's complained to me yet that it's not working for them suddenly, so idk...

@christopherraja

2.1 changed how to accumulate the rawcharacterdata, which is what the patch gets the info in the dot from. I'll look into the file some more, though, to see if that can get back in.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    that's strange......i haven't any patch(especially messaging patches) before,i installed the character count patch. Hmm...you mean,there's maybe a conflict with another patch? Hmm...it's more strange because,few other patches like advanced reset options also don't show up. That issue i also had in 1.4.5 but found out that these are language specific. Ok thanks anyway,i keep trying. Because it seems no one has the same problem.^^
    This seems to be a general problem on german pres, because i have the same problem an my german pre too. No other messenger patches installed (only one top bar patch) and character counter is not working.
    Tried removing and installing again with no effect and also rebooting. No effect.

Is this a general german problem, or does it affect also other languages? Maybe it works only on english devices?
    I know patches have had to come out with German patches before, but I don't know what they did to make it compatible.

The files I modified came from a WR doctor, but I will look at it again to see if there's a German specific section.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    isnt working on my o2 pre- (german) too... anyone tried to set the language to english and looked if the patch worked?
    Thanks for your effort. i'm looking forward to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by christopherraia View Post
    It works on a vz pre2 with 2.1. However, it does not have the "161.2" to indicate that it will be sent as two messages. Can that be added?
    I checked this on my device, and the little 2 dot indicating a second message appears right under the attachment button, not in the character counter bubble.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luihart View Post
    Thanks for your effort. i'm looking forward to this.
    Okay guys, it looks like with 2.0 Palm added a different chatview-scene for every language, so the default patch probably only works with English. Here is a German version of the patch I need some to test for me.

If it works, I will update the patch in Preware to include the chatview file for the different languages since everyone on 2.1 has the other language files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by malpha; 03/05/2011 at 04:30 AM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast