Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 211
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Not to be rude, but my guess is that anyone making patches knows they're open source when available via the WebOS Internals patches feed in Preware...It's a requirement for submission.

    Anyhow, I have an updated copy I've been using...I'll post it here for now.

    .
    If not in Preware, can that be installed with WOSQI ?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    If not in Preware, can that be installed with WOSQI ?
    Yes. It's an easy drag and drop. I just did it and it is recognized by both WebOSQI and Preware.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Not to be rude, but my guess is that anyone making patches knows they're open source when available via the WebOS Internals patches feed in Preware...It's a requirement for submission.

    Anyhow, I have an updated copy I've been using...I'll post it here for now.

    .
    No offense taken.

    I would assume that the person who writes the patch knows that it's open source...but I thought that maybe someone who has programming experience that hasn't yet written any patches might be interested to know that its an Open Source License and ANYONE who knows what they're doing COULD go ahead and fix this patch for the rest of us. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post...
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    No offense taken.

    I would assume that the person who writes the patch knows that it's open source...but I thought that maybe someone who has programming experience that hasn't yet written any patches might be interested to know that its an Open Source License and ANYONE who knows what they're doing COULD go ahead and fix this patch for the rest of us. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post...
    Hey, no big deal here!...The wording was sort of funny...Anyway, it was a nice plug to get some attention.

    BTW...I'll submit the update to Preware tomorrow if no ones hears anything.

    Don't forget there's a donation link in the OP so give the dude a buck for the efforts...This patch was an essential modification.
    .
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    BTW...I'll submit the update to Preware tomorrow if no ones hears anything.
    Question...when this makes it to Preware, will it update via the current placeholder or will it show up as a separate patch?

    Thanks!
  6. #46  
    Works great! Thanks to xanthinealkaloid for posting the patch and making it available...
  7.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Not to be rude, but my guess is that anyone making patches knows they're open source when available via the WebOS Internals patches feed in Preware...It's a requirement for submission.

    Anyhow, I have an updated copy I've been using...I'll post it here for now.
    Thanks for updating this patch. I've been swamped at work lately. I hope to be more useful in the community again soon. I appreciate the support.
  8. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    update submitted
    Has anyone seen it in Preware yet? I have the placeholder but haven't seen the update.
  9. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Has anyone seen it in Preware yet? I have the placeholder but haven't seen the update.
    I just checked and it's not there. I'm using the "unofficial" one until it shows up on Preware.
  10. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstutz View Post
    Yes. It's an easy drag and drop. I just did it and it is recognized by both WebOSQI and Preware.
    Thanks...looks like I'll try the manual method...still no update in Preware.

    Edit:
    After installing, the patch does show up in Preware as a separate patch from the original. I still have the placeholder from the original. Not a problem, just thought I'd mention it.

    Thanks for the time and effort!
    Last edited by Trekker; 04/09/2010 at 07:42 PM.
  11. #52  
    Doesn't show in Preware for me (just the placeholder). Computer is in the shop till Monday_ so I'll check WOSQI then, unless there's a way to get it to show in Preware for me. Thanks!
  12. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmNSH View Post
    I just checked and it's not there. I'm using the "unofficial" one until it shows up on Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Thanks...looks like I'll try the manual method...still no update in Preware.
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by skafri View Post
    Doesn't show in Preware for me (just the placeholder). Computer is in the shop till Monday_ so I'll check WOSQI then, unless there's a way to get it to show in Preware for me. Thanks!
    All is well, the update is submitted, but the feed isn't updated yet...Hopefully, we'll see it by Monday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    ...
    Edit:
    After installing, the patch does show up in Preware as a separate patch from the original. I still have the placeholder from the original. Not a problem, just thought I'd mention it.

    Thanks for the time and effort!
    This is normal, but you need to be sure to uninstall the WOSQI version before trying to install the update when it hits Preware...It may work either way, but (IMHO) it's cleaner to do to whole installation via one method.

    .
  13. #54  
    love this patch can't wait for it to show up in preware!!! (still nothing as of 3 minutes ago)
  14. #55  
    i've been checking preware for this update about 3 times daily since the 1.4.1 update
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
  15. #56  
    How long does it normally take for these things to show up in Preware?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  16. #57  
    does it work well with other sms patches (like msn, 3seconds vibrate...)?
  17. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #58  
    I've had it working by installing the patch with WOSQI for about a week. No issues and no apparent clashes. I don't use any of the patches mentioned in the above post.
  18. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Not to be rude, but my guess is that anyone making patches knows they're open source when available via the WebOS Internals patches feed in Preware...It's a requirement for submission.

    Anyhow, I have an updated copy I've been using...I'll post it here for now.
    I've installed the updated patch, and all is working just fine. This patch is one of the simple little things that makes my Pre just that much better and I'm very surprised Palm hasn't had a counter from the beginning.
  19. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    update submitted
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    How long does it normally take for these things to show up in Preware?
    Still no update in Preware. Haven't seen any patch updates for awhile now.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions