Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    The patch is and has been available via the WebOS-patches feed, you can access them via both Preware or WebOS QuickInstall(Tweaks>Online Repository).
    Thanks. I've had it installed via Preware, but wanted to download the IPK file so that I could just drop it into WOSQI whenever I wanted.
    But your point about it being available in the OR is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Can't imagine how this would have any affect on your notifications. Did you try rebooting after you loaded the patch? Did you load anything else? Does your email notification work properly if you remove this patch? (be sure to reboot after you do just to be sure)?

ME
    I did do the luna restart after loading the patch. It seems to only affect email. I have since reinstalled it and everything is ok so far. Thanks.
    This patch works fine on my Verizon Palm Pre Plus running OS 1.3.5.1, thanks for creating it.

This is one of the things I missed from my old Treo 755p which has this feature built in.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Where do you find the patch at?
    So in anticipation for WebOS 1.4 i deleted my patches, but then remembered that that was no longer necessary, I ran the EPR from the QuickInstall and long story short i ended up removing all the patches except for the character counter, its still there but doesnt work like it should, it is no longer in a nice little circle its way above the words and same size and font. i had no luck removing it after different tries, any suggestions?
    Chiming in to say that this patch did not update successfully when I updated to 1.4.1.1

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Chiming in to say that this patch did not update successfully when I updated to 1.4.1.1

Ditto
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.

Same here. Updated, ran Preware and it was amongst the patches to be updated, but did not update successfully, so I have removed it using Preware (successfully).

Awaiting an update.
    Here's the error I get:

PATCH INSTALLATION Wed Mar 31 23:00:19 EDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-character-counter/messaging-character-counter.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 161 (offset 10 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/utilities/CharacterCounter.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/chatview/chatview-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/compose/compose-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 860.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/utilities/CharacterCounter.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/utilities/CharacterCounter.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/chatview/chatview-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/chatview/chatview-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/compose/compose-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/compose/compose-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 860.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej

Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-character-counter
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-character-counter:
    messaging-character-counter.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    This patch is CRUCIAL for Twitter users.. hope its updated soon!!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    i check everyday for an update...

can't believe we need a patch for a counter for text messaging....

Palm, fail. Devs, as usual, ROCK!
    Yes, I'm still waiting for this patch as well.
    I tried contacting the Developer, but I have not gotten a response yet.
    I tried contacting the Developer, but I have not gotten a response yet.
    Same here, but I only emailed him this evening.
    I had sent him a PM a couple days ago.

On a related note, if anyone who is watching this thread is a programmer/developer, All patches are Open-Source so one of you could very easily just go ahead and update the patch.
    I had sent him a PM a couple days ago.

On a related note, if anyone who is watching this thread is a programmer/developer, All patches are Open-Source so one of you could very easily just go ahead and update the patch.
    Not to be rude, but my guess is that anyone making patches knows they're open source when available via the WebOS Internals patches feed in Preware...It's a requirement for submission.

Anyhow, I have an updated copy I've been using...I'll post it here for now.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Not to be rude, but my guess is that anyone making patches knows they're open source when available via the WebOS Internals patches feed in Preware...It's a requirement for submission.

Thanks! Works great.
    Can someone submit it for Preware ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post

Not going to lie, your patches are amazing! Two things though... 1) Can someone submit this to Preware, and 2) How's that Latitude patch goin'? That was so helpful.
    Moto v265 --> LG enV VX9900 --> Moto Q9c --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre
    Glad to see the patch for 1.4.1. It works great. Thanks for the effort!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast