1.    #1  
    ok, so this was a brand new pre outta the box 2 days ago. I waited till 1.3.5 came out to homebrew it and everything went perfect except enable email landscape. It just keeps giving me a failed and see ipkg log. I've done a couple restarts and tried again, but nothing. Everything else is working perfect. Am I gunna have to epr or dr it and start again???
    Palm prē-ist.
    When the OS gets updated, many of the patches that worked on the previous version don't work anymore due to changes. While the current email landscape patch worked on 1.3.1, it no longer works for 1.3.5. However, I'm sure the patch will get updated to work for 1.3.5 eventually due to the excellent webOS community. Just wait a while.

Also, no, don't run epr or dr because there is nothing wrong if this patch is your only problem. The current version doesn't work for anybody on 1.3.5.
    I can confirm I'm having this problem as well.

One other thing I noticed is that none of the patches I installed via WebOSQI v. 2.96 do not show up in the list of tweaks installed when I reopened the WebOSQI a few moments later once everything was installed.
    I'm having the same problem and with the SMS tone per contact patch. I'm sure they'll get worked out shortly.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    You can still use the original way that we used to get the email program to go into landscape mode. Upon initially starting the email program (and before you do anything else) type in 'RocknRollHax' (minus the quotes) and it should work until you close the email program.
    Im having the issue in preware and in Quick Install. No big rush just wanted to say this was the only one out of the 20 or so I installed that would not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    ...No big rush just wanted to say this was the only one out of the 20 or so I installed that would not work.
    Agreed! 47/48 of my patches installed with no problems. I guess only having only one problem child is not that bad even though this is the patch I use the most!!!
    Yep, had the same problem trying to install landscape email patch
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    We get it- it doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Hey guys, calm down. This happened when 1.3.1 came out, and now with 1.3.5. And just like the previous time, an update will come out soon enough and all will be well. Have patience.
    And whoever's working on the patch, patch fix, thanks!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Agreed! 47/48 of my patches installed with no problems. I guess only having only one problem child is not that bad even though this is the patch I use the most!!!
    So is it safe to say that MOST of the patches will work? I've only re-installed the LED notification but I miss the other 30+ patches I used to use.

I haven't seen the official 1.3.5 confirmed working patches thread yet.. .
    I checked the WebOS Internals Patch Index for webOS 1.3.5 at Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.5 before installing this patch and since the "Enable Landscape Email" patch is listed there I assumed it had been tested and was working for webOS 1.3.5. So I was surprised when the patch failed to install. Was I wrong to assume this? If so, then what is the purpose of the WebOS Internals Patch Index, and where would we find a list of patches that have been tested and are working (all known bugs are corrected :~) with a specific version of webOS? BTW, the version number of 1.3.5-1 does lead one to believe that the Enable Landscape Email patch has been tested for webOS 1.3.5 does it not? Thanks...
  13.    #13  
    I sent an email out to andrew and he said he should have it back up this weekend!

we really do have an amazing comunity here fellas. I sent him an email @ 511pm and had an answer @ 731pm! Seriously, developers here are the best!
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by villiums View Post
    I checked the WebOS Internals Patch Index for webOS 1.3.5 at Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.5 before installing this patch and since the "Enable Landscape Email" patch is listed there I assumed it had been tested and was working for webOS 1.3.5. So I was surprised when the patch failed to install. Was I wrong to assume this? If so, then what is the purpose of the WebOS Internals Patch Index, and where would we find a list of patches that have been tested and are working (all known bugs are corrected :~) with a specific version of webOS? BTW, the version number of 1.3.5-1 does lead one to believe that the Enable Landscape Email patch has been tested for webOS 1.3.5 does it not? Thanks...

The patch index initially when an OTA update comes out is referring to patches that have been tested/updated using the emulator and the developers early access to the new update. Since OTA updates are not available for early release to developers.

Basically what this means, is the guys working on these patches do the best they can to have as many as they can ready for the next update, there is no way for them to test real world functionality until the OTA update comes out. This is why many patches are ready to go the moment the OTA release comes out (I had both phones pretty much completely back to where they were before the OTA update the same night the update came out). With that said, there will most likely always be something that won't work at the initial OTA launch and will take a lil tweak here or there. Also with this update we saw a few other issues that the guys developing this stuff couldn't plan for (mainly the migration issues), since migration wasn't an issue until the update was actually live and installing on phones.

I hope that answers your question and gives some insight into what is actually going on and why some folks get tired of reading the multiple threads about a certain patch not working after update. Also there was a thread about the email in landscape not working the same night of the OTA launch saying that there was a fix already in the works.
  15.    #15  
    back up and running!!!! God I love homebrew!
    Palm prē-ist.
    Landscape email is back! Yea! I missed this one.

Thank you developers.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I tried again this morning and my install failed again. Seems to be Hunk #1 at 186.
    Yay, it works! Now all we need it SMS tone per contact and I'll be all good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    I tried again this morning and my install failed again. Seems to be Hunk #1 at 186.
    +1. I tried using Preware & WebOSQI. Same error as stated.

I've succesfully installed several other patches after the 1.3.5 upgrade so I do think my problem may be isolated to this one patch.

Any ideas?
    The issue turned out ot be the font size in EMAIL fix which modified the Email.jsjsjs $and$ $the$ $compose_assistance$.$js$ $file$. $I$ $reset$ $to$ $original$ $and$ $the$ $landscape$ $fix$ $installed$ $perfectly$.

I do have an issue: I can only read in landscape. In other words, when I go to type a new email or repsond to one, it only comes in portrait. I searched high and low and can't find a solution. Any help woudl be great.