Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,
    For us non english speaking users we have to enter our special characters like " " etc by holding the SYM key and then cykling through a list by using the a or o.

This is OK however I would like to be able to reorder the special characters so that the most frequently used comes first in the list and thus reducing the number of keypresses required.

Can this be done?

Thanks for all the other good patches.

/Hkan
    Someone did something similar here - http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/218217-patch-request-gbp-symbol-rather-than.html#post2078816

It should be fairly simple to adapt that to what you want, I'll take a look

Edit - er, I may be over my head here. But first of all, what language is your phone set to? That patch linked will only work with a phone set to english-great britain.
    Last edited by tarirene; 12/28/2009 at 05:15 PM.
    Attached is a patch to test out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Hi,
    For us non english speaking users we have to enter our special characters like " " etc by holding the SYM key and then cykling through a list by using the a or o.

This is OK however I would like to be able to reorder the special characters so that the most frequently used comes first in the list and thus reducing the number of keypresses required.
    /Hkan

There is a sv_se layout for the sym table in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/sv_se/. "" and "","" is in the top left in this one, so is sym-a-sym and sym-a-a-sym. It's just the lower-case letters that is moved, though.

I overwrote the alternatechars_table.json (or alternatechars_table_qwertz.json if you have a qwertz keyboard) in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/en_gb/ with the sv_se one.

You might also want to look at /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_gb/text-edit-autoreplace. I just replaced it with an empty file. Now I can type the word "i" with only one keypress! Imagine that!

Exchange "en_gb" in the in the paths above with the language/country you have set in the "Regional settings" app. "200.72" is for webos 1.3.5. It can vary between versions.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Attached is a patch to test out.
    I have not tested the patch, but "" should really come before "". It is by far more frequently used.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,

Finally had the time to test the patch.

I did this after upgrading to 1.3.5.2

When installing the patch i received the error in attached jpeg file and the my Pre rebooted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    and...I use English with UK regional setting, formats set to Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Hi,

Finally had the time to test the patch.

I did this after upgrading to 1.3.5.2

When installing the patch i received the error in attached jpeg file and the my Pre rebooted.
    That's the most useless error message I've ever seen, I have no idea what went wrong. Does trying to install the one posted in this thread - http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/218217-patch-request-gbp-symbol-rather-than.html#post2078816 - give you the same error?

Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    I have not tested the patch, but "" should really come before "". It is by far more frequently used.
    Noted...