Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Request from: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ke-iphone.html

This is the closest I could get to what was requested. It'll bring up the launcher on system boot/luna restart. In addition, when you turn on the display, and there's no card in focus, it'll auto-popup the launcher.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

This is the closest I could get to what was requested. It'll bring up the launcher on system boot/luna restart. In addition, when you turn on the display, and there's no card in focus, it'll auto-popup the launcher.

It works perfect on my german GSM Palm Pre running webOS 1.3.1!

Thanks!
    Last edited by jfrigger; 12/26/2009 at 07:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    you rocks jason
    Jason when you use an app after you install this patch should the launcher stay up all the time no app are being used or just when you restart or power up?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Jason when you use an app after you install this patch should the launcher stay up all the time no app are being used or just when you restart or power up?
    just called up on restart or power up (with no app in foreground). Not locked, can always put the launcher away

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Right I got that part I was wondering will the launcher pop back up when you close an app out? That would be cool! I like the patch just looked for that feature.
  7.    #7  
    Right I got that part I was wondering will the launcher pop back up when you close an app out? That would be cool! I like the patch just looked for that feature.
    honestly not sure of any undocumented api capable of that. There may be, but I'm not aware

Oh ok, I think it that was possible it would be awesome. Did you realize that when you open and close the slider it pops up the launcher? That is a cool feature.
  9.    #9  
    Oh ok, I think it that was possible it would be awesome. Did you realize that when you open and close the slider it pops up the launcher? That is a cool feature.
    with the patch it does that? O.o Neat!

Yep that negates my requests to open it up after an app closes sorta. Great job!!
    Dude! I love this patch. It just makes sense. two thumbs up!!
    Last edited by max.swell; 12/26/2009 at 07:54 PM.
    ...This is the closest I could get to what was requested. It'll bring up the launcher on system boot/luna restart. In addition, when you turn on the display, and there's no card in focus, it'll auto-popup the launcher.
    Jason, you ROCK!

Yet again, Palm's Canadian Division to the rescue! They have got to hire you!

Here is a first draft of the companion theme: iPhone-Black-Launcher

Jason, I am always amazed by you (and sometimes a little frightened).

- Craig

For anyone wanting more information on how to install...

Use these instructions to install this patch.

Here is How to Install a Theme like this[/I].
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/27/2009 at 01:23 PM.
    Thank you for this patch

Jason,

Would you submit the Launcher Auto-Popup Patch to the patches feed using the dbsooner form?

- Craig
    Jason loving this patch. I notice when playing doom, supertux etc after a while the launcher pops up while playing the game. I will try to reinstall just thought that if a card was open the and active the launcher should stay down. Thanks for the patch.
    the launcher has been popping up with cards in full for me too, usually on browser when the phone screen is turned off and on

good patch otherwise though
    cheers
    Jason any chance of looking at this one to see why it pops up occasionally when running full screen games?
  18.    #18  
    Looking back through the patch, the launcher is only patched to auto-popup at 2 times:
    • When Luna is first started (aka when the device boots up).
    • When the "displayOn" event is triggered AND the foreground app title is NULL (aka there's no app in the foreground).

So I'm honestly not sure why it'd cause issue.

has this been submitted to one of the preware feeds? i know they have a manual approval process, so it sometimes takes a while, but I was just curious bc I'm not seeing it on there...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Funny I was just thinking it would be cool if the phone always launched when nothing else was in use. I think this would make the pre feel more like a phone first. Just a personal prefernce I supppse.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast