1.    #1  
    I like the idea of having 4x4 icons on my launcher pages, but the fact is, they're too large. When I look at the iPhone launcher, there is plenty of space between the icons. The background is black (which I like MUCH better than gray) and the icons are 57x57 as opposed to 64x64 on the Pre.

Are either of these ideas feasible for patches?

1) Black launcher background instead of gray

2) Smaller icons for the launcher (this one could get tricky)
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    this is already possible. The launcher background can be replaced with any image you want, and there is a patch that makes the icons smaller so you can fit more.

To start, make a 320x480 .png image and name it scrim.png. Make it all black if thats how you want it. Then open up Webos Quick Install and use the send file feature to put scrim.png into the folder "\usr\lib\luna\system\luna-applauncher\images\" and that will give you a black launcher background. Then just go into preware and look for one of the 4x4 or 5x5 patches in the launcher section of the patches, one of them makes the icons smaller I believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jcross22; 12/24/2009 at 09:11 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Okay, I'm checking into the scrim for the launcher background. I'm going to use GIMP (haven't used it before) to try to make a black png file (I might need help, we'll see...). Does the 4x4 icon patch actually modify the icon size? I tried it before and I don't remember it changing the size of the icons, just how many were on each page.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    here you can use this one, if you use the 5x4 patch in preware it'll make them smaller. I posted a screenshot in my last post that shows how it looks with 5x4 patch applied and black scrim
  5.    #5  
    Okay, I got the background black now, and that's awesome! Now just to see about the smaller icons... I believe the correct patch you are referring to is the 4x4 V2 patch. Trying it now.
    Last edited by Gilligan3816; 12/24/2009 at 09:31 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Got it working... Thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by Gilligan3816; 12/24/2009 at 10:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    no problem man, enjoy!