Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    When recieveing SMS Message on Palm Pre, a One Line(Few words) of the Message appears on Notification Bar, is it possible to show the whole SMS message on Notification Bar?
    yes this would be a great patch. with the ability to mark message as read as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    When recieveing SMS Message on Palm Pre, a One Line(Few words) of the Message appears on Notification Bar, is it possible to show the whole SMS message on Notification Bar?
    Maybe; good idea. Although trying to display 160 characters is going to take up a significant amount of screen space, unless the font is reduced (and it's already relatively small) so that could conceivably cause problems interfering with certain apps I suppose.

At the very least, though, it'd be nice if it displayed twice as much as it currently does
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Maybe; good idea. Although trying to display 160 characters is going to take up a significant amount of screen space, unless the font is reduced (and it's already relatively small) so that could conceivably cause problems interfering with certain apps I suppose.

At the very least, though, it'd be nice if it displayed twice as much as it currently does
    maybe a patch to scroll a message could be a great idea for that many characters!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

it will take up a significant amount of screen space only for a few seconds
    as you know its nice to read the full message and just swap it away from Notification bar if its not important message or you dont want to reply.

and small font for sure allows more words to appears in the notification bar
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I like the notion of scrolling it. But really its just the fact that the app opens so slow. If they can make it snappier to get to the message itself I do not need this at all.
    this would be a patch that id be on the edge about. i dont know know if i would want a huge message blocking what im currently doin. the point of having it show it below is to not cover what your doing. Maybe just one more line or two, but the whole message is a lot.
    I like the idea, but the Pre can receive up to 1120 characters at a time through SMS, so displaying the entire message would be a disaster. I don't see how this could be sensibly implemented, although I agree it'd be sweet to speed up the process of viewing my inbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I like the idea, but the Pre can receive up to 1120 characters at a time through SMS, so displaying the entire message would be a disaster. I don't see how this could be sensibly implemented, although I agree it'd be sweet to speed up the process of viewing my inbox.
    No, the messages come split up into several individual 160 character messages; the phone has no way to know if those are separate messages or multiple parts of one long message (unless the sender's phone says "Part x of x" or some other method, but that is only for convenience and is not standardized), so only the first message (160 characters) would be displayed.

(Alternatively it can receive up to 1000 characters in an MMS, but in that case, the notification only displays the subject line, not the body.)
    No, the messages come split up into several individual 160 character messages; the phone has no way to know if those are separate messages or multiple parts of one long message (unless the sender's phone says "Part x of x" or some other method, but that is only for convenience and is not standardized), so only the first message (160 characters) would be displayed.

(Alternatively it can receive up to 1000 characters in an MMS, but in that case, the notification only displays the subject line, not the body.)
    Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i didnt know that Pre can display in one sms more than 160 characters!
    a patch to display at least 3 lines is perfect for me if it possible ...
    I think this would be fantastic!