1.    #1  
    Last night I attempted to install the lower minimum brightness patch using Preware. I tapped install and I never got the install script message, I just saw the circle going around and around. I tried to go back, but that did not work, so I closed preware. Well when I opened preware again it shows that the patch is installed. I tried to uninstall the patch and I cannot, I get an error message. When I look at webos quick install it does not show that the patch is installed. Any ideas? Thanks!
    That's odd.

1) Did you update your version of WebOS while there were still patches installed?

2) You should try installing the patch through WebOS Quick Install [forget Preware] and then try removing it again from QI.

Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    That's odd.

1) Did you update your version of WebOS while there were still patches installed?

2) You should try installing the patch through WebOS Quick Install [forget Preware] and then try removing it again from QI.

Hope this helps.
    1. No, I removed all patches before OS update

2. I cannot install with QI, I get an error there as well.
    try going into webos QI and then tools device management then click on drop down to the right and look in patches installed they sometimes show in here under the patches list and the apps list just look for the patches and uninstall if you see any . if not open preware and go into list of everything and start typing emergency and epr will pop up , emergency patch recovery and install it and then you can start over with patches .. and of course make sure you have dev. mode still on and novacom driver installed on computer first lol. just checking. hope this hepls
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I had the same problem the other day with a patch that froze while installing. I went to webOSQuickInstall to try to install the same patch again. It froze up but when I closed webOSQuickInstall & went on preware I was able uninstall it. I reinstalled after a reboot & all is well again. Hope this helps.
  6.    #6  
    Well this may be a non-issue because my touch screen stopped working and I am getting a new Pre. I had that I am going to have to re-install a lot of stuff, but my MINOR issue should go away.