Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 281
  1.    #1  
    UPDATE: 1.4.1.1

    Now all patches in 1.4.1 include youtube-scrim as well
    The v2 patches include the launcher-scrim patch

    This one works but I had to remove the video player section until i get time to figure out what Palm has done there.

    There are patches for o2 and Vzw as well

    Let me first say Im making this for the masses that are not comfortable using command line to change certain backgrounds.
    I want to make it easier to customize the Pre w/o having to be a computer person to do it.


    This Patch creates a customizable background for 10 native Pre apps!

    Warning Please remove All Previous Scrim Patches Before Using!

    1)Install using WOSQI
    2)In USB mode create a folder named "scrims" without the quotes
    3)files MUST be named correctly as follows. (lower case!):
    browser-scrim.png
    contacts-scrim.png
    email-scrim.png
    messaging-scrim.png
    music-player-scrim.png
    notes-scrim.png
    phone-scrim.png
    photos-scrim.png
    sprintnav-scrim.png
    launcher-scrim.png (v2 patches)
    youtube-scrim.png (1.4.1)

    All images to be 320x480
    If you are using landscape email or messaging patches the scrims must be 480x480



    All backgrounds will be defaulted to a black background with a white font. If you dont create a .png for a specific app then the patch will default to the black/white background.
    I do not use themes so I cannot and will not test this patch w/ a theme installed! if you use a theme use this at your own risk.


    There is no danger installing this patch! you cant BRICK (no such thing) your Pre by installing this patch! If there is a problem it simply will fail during install and revert to your previous configuration!


    I have tested this on my own Pre and the emulator and appears to work flawlessly.

    To remove this patch either remove it through WOSQI or run EPR, The scrims folder will remain no matter if you run EPR or run the DR.

    You do not have to remove the scrims folder before,after an OTA or ever if you dont wish to.

    The scrims folder will be used in further patches by me (2sslow)
    Enjoy!



    On the way to PreWare!

    If you are interested in additional scrims post here w/ your email address and i will send you an invite to the scrims DropBox





    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2sslow; 04/04/2010 at 03:21 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    ...This Patch creates a customizable background for 11 native Pre apps!
    TooSlow,

    I love this. I have a favor to ask. Could you give us the standard Palm Pre webOS background png files, maybe in a zip, labeled the way you need them?

    browser-scrim.png
    contacts-scrim.png
    email-scrim.png
    messaging-scrim.png
    music-player-scrim.png
    notes-scrim.png
    phone-scrim.png
    photos-scrim.png
    sprintnav-scrim.png
    video-player-scrim.png
    youtube-scrim.png

    That way we can just customize the ones we want?

    - Craig
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    TooSlow,

    I love this. I have a favor to ask. Could you give us the standard Palm Pre webOS background png files, maybe in a zip, labeled the way you need them?

    browser-scrim.png
    contacts-scrim.png
    email-scrim.png
    messaging-scrim.png
    music-player-scrim.png
    notes-scrim.png
    phone-scrim.png
    photos-scrim.png
    sprintnav-scrim.png
    video-player-scrim.png
    youtube-scrim.png

    That way we can just customize the ones we want?

    - Craig
    Sure craig I can do that! Ill get it up tonight!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Sure craig I can do that! Ill get it up tonight!
    It will be a Christmas Miracle!

    Seriously, thank you!

    - Craig
  5. #5  
    I have installed the iphone style patch for the messaging app with a bubble theme.... Can I still install this patch if I have the bubbles theme?
  6. #6  
    Nice work 2slow.... Where ever did you get such a line of code?
    Dan DeFrancisco

    My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

    My themes:

    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes


    If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I have installed the iphone style patch for the messaging app with a bubble theme.... Can I still install this patch if I have the bubbles theme?
    Yes, Thats the one im using as well
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    Nice work 2slow.... Where ever did you get such a line of code?
    I figured out you can combine multiple patches in one by just copy and paste, so I created the individual patches and then combined them into one.

    I am not as good w/code as you and some others so this is the way I had to do it.

    Probably the hard way but its all I was capable of. lol

    BTW your patches were the inspiration for this and the fact i dont want to replace all of my images for the OTA's or DR.

    Thanks to mracer29 for the inspiration for me to create some of my patches.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  9. #9  
    personaly I like this better than a patch for each app. GREAT WORK!
    Dan DeFrancisco

    My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

    My themes:

    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes


    If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  10. #10  
    Ok I really want to add a background to my music and internet browser but I have no ideas were to download the Multi Scrim patch if any one knows please let me know a.s.a.p it would really be appreciated
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by duhimluvd View Post
    Ok I really want to add a background to my music and internet browser but I have no ideas were to download the Multi Scrim patch if any one knows please let me know a.s.a.p it would really be appreciated
    the first post by 2slow has the patch avaible for down load, then you can use webos QI to install the patch. You should read the first post it also contains the other info needed for the patch to work
    Dan DeFrancisco

    My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

    My themes:

    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes


    If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yes, Thats the one im using as well
    awesome, thank you!
  13. #13  
    one more question maybe is from a newbie what is the difference in changing the phone scrim and the dial pad wallpaper?... because for change the dialpad wallpaper we need to change 3 files!
  14. #14  
    Wow, this sounds just like what I needed to play with scrims.

    And if you've provided the default backgrounds, then it would be very easy to just modify those instead of trying to create something on my own.

    I only really wanted to just change the color, especially the phone app.

    Now I can experiment safely on my own!

    Thanks, can't to get back from my xmas trip.

    Rob
  15.    #15  
    Sorry guys ive been busy w/ family stuff.

    I was going to post the originals but I realized they wont work, Because of the white font you wont be able to see the text if you use the original background.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  16. #16  
    any chance you could create a pack with the changed backgrounds available for download, so we can just install the patch and move the changed backgrounds onto the phone and that's that!
    if you could do this for a couple of colours it would be great
  17. #17  
    I love this patch, and appreciate your contributions. I just uninstalled my other scrim patches, and then installed this one.

    I have a few problems I would like you to take a look at.

    1) Email is fine overall, but the from line is in black (almost impossible to read), and the subject line is in blue (very difficult to read).



    2) Text messaging is supposed to be white text on the black background, but it is not.


    Thanks again for the great work.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by PREADAM View Post
    I love this patch, and appreciate your contributions. I just uninstalled my other scrim patches, and then installed this one.

    I have a few problems I would like you to take a look at.

    1) Email is fine overall, but the from line is in black (almost impossible to read), and the subject line is in blue (very difficult to read).



    2) Text messaging is supposed to be white text on the black background, but it is not.


    Thanks again for the great work.
    Yeah I know about the messaging app, there are two sections (actually more) we are working on list view and chat view right now the font change only works w/ list view. I have a fix in the works. It'll be ready in a few days.

    As for the email, I can change the font colors but ive decided not to do it because of the fact that there are so many different color scrims or pics that can be used, It would be impossible to accommodate every color combination.

    this is w/ my blue scrim: completely use able!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yeah I know about the messaging app, there are two sections (actually more) we are working on list view and chat view right now the font change only works w/ list view. I have a fix in the works. It'll be ready in a few days.
    Great... I look forward to it. I have reinstalled the patch without the messaging patch for now.
    Last edited by PREADAM; 12/29/2009 at 10:43 PM.
  20. #20  
    I just want to change the background on the phone app, is the a patch for this?

    Thanks.
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions