Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Hey 2sslow,

Thanks for the useful patch. It seems to work well, but having 2 small issues... thought I'd run them by you:

1. This patch installs fine along side Elryon's "Personal Avatar Left Side" patch, but it somehow when both are installed the sent text messages are black again. Received texts are white as expected. This happens to me regardless of which patch is installed first.

2. When this patch is installed (even if no others are) the sender name in the email app list view (i.e. inbox) are black so you cannot really see them.

Thoughts appreciated in advance.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    For #1, I found the solution... your patch adds the white text to ".their-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper {" but not ".my-chat .chat-balloon-wrapper {" which at that point (other patches) became necessary.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    2sslow,

I fixed issue number 2. I have a modified version of your patch if you want it but I am sure you don't, haha. Here is the change, though... I just inserted this into your email section:

Code:
    @@ -250,7 +250,7 @@
     	font-weight: bold;
     }	
     .unread .list-datestamp {
    -	color: #202020;
    +	color: #fff;
     }
     .list-sender {
     	top: 0px;
    @@ -256,7 +256,7 @@
     	top: 0px;
     	left: 30px;
     	width: 56%;
    -	color: #202020;
    +	color: #fff;
     	padding: 0px;
     	font-size: 20px;
     	line-height: 36px;
    \ No newline at end of file
    Tested and verified this fixed the problem in the email list/folder view/inbox for me.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I have modified 2sslow's patch to fix both of my issues (sender and unread date are black in message list as well as compatibility with left avatar patch).

I passed along the changes to 2sslow and presume he will incorporate them in some fashion.

Thanks,
    2sslow, if you do please make it a custome version of something as the original works great as is for me and many others. I think issues as stated above are a one off as not everyone uses the patches DrSuSE uses.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    2sslow, if you do please make it a custome version of something as the original works great as is for me and many others. I think issues as stated above are a one off as not everyone uses the patches DrSuSE uses.
    The email issue that I fixed has nothing to do with other patches. Only the font coloring in messaging part does.

I am sure 2sslow will put out whatever he thinks is appropriate. Actually, from what I understand he may already have a fixed version that he just hasn't posted yet.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I liked the alternating black and white.
  8.    #168  
    Thanks for the hard work guys!

DrSuSE I fixed the email issue for nights last night w/ a custom color for his theme.

I will put it in the patch w/ the black font so its easily changed, but w/ the availability of so many colors/pics for the scrims I just think black is more usable there.
    We can always just make custom fonts for those who are not comfortable doing it themselves.

As for the messaging changes, Thank you! I dont personally use the avatar on the left patch, I use the Iphone style w/ avatar and it doesnt have those problems.
    I will look at your changes and if it doesnt interfere w/ the Iphone style patch I will send it to Preware as an update.
    If it causes problems w/ that then I think it should be submitted as a v2 for the people who want just the avatar on left patch.

I will of course add your name to the credits for your work here!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Sounds good, just note the added bit regarding the date for unread messages. The version you gave nights was still missing that.

On everything else: Cool
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Sounds good, just note the added bit regarding the date for unread messages. The version you gave nights was still missing that.

On everything else: Cool
    After reviewing you changes i think ill leave your changes in they look very good!

Again Thanks

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

If you want to scrim anything else, I did a find for all of the CSS files in the system and posted the output paths to a file in the Dropbox.

I put the file in Scrims >> Demetry-other-files >> All_CSS_file_locations.txt

Let me know if this was useful or not.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    /usr/palm/applications/com.handson.app.nfl/stylesheets/Sfl.css

So, is this the location of the icon for the NFL app? If so, is there an easy way to change it?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    /usr/palm/applications/com.handson.app.nfl/stylesheets/Sfl.css

So, is this the location of the icon for the NFL app? If so, is there an easy way to change it?
    Yes thats it,I spent about an hour trying to get this to work and i concluded I suck at html which is apparently how the background is formulated in the nfl app as well as the video player app.
    I was able to scrim the initial splash screen ( hardly seemed worth even doing for that 2 second before it goes into the app).

I wish i new somebody that knew html! I would be willing to revisit this and add this to multiscrim if someone wants to make the relevant changes.

Sorry spudland I was hoping to get this done for you. Im just not there yet.

Follow the link below.

Will you please post this new messaging fix for the scrims patch?? That'd be simply quite awesome! I always wondered why it made one font black and the other white....
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopybandnerd View Post
    Will you please post this new messaging fix for the scrims patch?? That'd be simply quite awesome! I always wondered why it made one font black and the other white....
    They have been submitted to preware!

They will be up when webos-internals crew gets to it

Follow the link below.

What is it that you are looking to do in html... I know basics and can research most information via w3schools.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yes thats it,I spent about an hour trying to get this to work and i concluded I suck at html which is apparently how the background is formulated in the nfl app as well as the video player app.
    I was able to scrim the initial splash screen ( hardly seemed worth even doing for that 2 second before it goes into the app).

I wish i new somebody that knew html! I would be willing to revisit this and add this to multiscrim if someone wants to make the relevant changes.

Sorry spudland I was hoping to get this done for you. Im just not there yet.
    No worries...thanks for trying! I was just hoping to change the stupid looking Sprint football helmet logo on the luancher icon for this app...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    No worries...thanks for trying! I was just hoping to change the stupid looking Sprint football helmet logo on the luancher icon for this app...
    The launcher icon should just be /usr/palm/applications/com.handson.app.nfl/icon.png and can be replaced.
    If you are interested in additional scrims post here w/ your email address and i will send you an invite to the scrims DropBox...

I am: efrommel13@gmail.com

Thanks very nice patch
    Two questions. I have palm pre verizon u.s. and installed multi v2. Is there a difference? Do I need 02?

Second, Does the menu fade scrim work once the multi scrim patch is installed? Mine it says previously applied or reversed patch detected
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast