Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm trying for the first time the scrim multi patch after much debate with myself.

I downloaded the scrims.zip and scripts.zip files and copied the files and folders over to the usb drive... and I do now have a folder scrims plus the hidden folder .color.

I'm stuck at the command I'm suppose to type in and a little confused and just want some clarification.

The instructions listed this statement:

4. from Terminal or Terminus type: ln -s /media/internal/scrims/scripts/*.sh /var/home/root/

Notice what I highlighted in bold and red!

Am I supposed to type in: 'In -s /media/internal....' or was the 'In' part of the instruction as in 'type In:' was that a typo?

I'm not a Linux person so I'm not sure if 'In' is a command or part of the instruction due to the way it was written.

Just want to be certain!

Thanks!

Rob
    that is a lowercase L
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I think I found it. You may want to take a look though to make sure...

I see a reference to the filename in:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/appinfo.json
    did the above happen to work? Just asking as I would like to know if i need to keep looking.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    did the above happen to work? Just asking as I would like to know if i need to keep looking.
    Sorry I missed that post the other day...No the script would have to be in a .css

Ive looked everywhere I can think of and its most likely hidden in luna like the boot images.

That is the correct image but the only way to change it would be to manually insert it into the images folder for the videoplayer

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

sounds to me like we would benefit big time from a dev adding locate or slocate to the phone so we could search for all references.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    I'm getting an error trying to install this on my VZW Pre+ because of the Sprint stuff. Do you think the O2 version of the patch would work?
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I'm getting an error trying to install this on my VZW Pre+ because of the Sprint stuff. Do you think the O2 version of the patch would work?
    I think its because of sprintnav...The o2 should work for you.

Follow the link below.

Thanks, that worked like a charm
    Sorry...went thru a couple times and didn't find info on this but what does multi-scrim2 do that multi-scrim doesn't?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Sorry...went thru a couple times and didn't find info on this but what does multi-scrim2 do that multi-scrim doesn't?
    it's for the carrier o2 and verizon.

Nothing different except no sprintnav.

Follow the link below.

Can't install and can't remove after 1.4.1.1 Anyone else having problems?

Yup, same issue here.

Yeah, I have the same problem. Glad to see it's not only my phone...
  13.    #153  
    Working on it guys...Its a problem w/ preWare

Here are the updated patches

As follows
    These should be self explanatory but....
    1) original Sprint version
    2) v2 includes the launcher scrim
    3) original vzw/o2 version
    4) v2 includes the launcher scrim

Oh and an easter egg!

YouTube app is back!

I believe PreWare did not handle the patch correctly,Even though it was gone w/ 1.4.1 the notes app still had a working scrim....Really weird!

I ran EPR and these new ones installed fine on device, So please let me knowif these work so i can get them back in PreWare!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2sslow; 04/04/2010 at 03:08 PM.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Working on it guys...Its a problem w/ preWare

Here are the updated patches

As follows
    These should be self explanatory but....
    1) original Sprint version
    2) v2 includes the launcher scrim
    3) original vzw/o2 version
    4) v2 includes the launcher scrim

Oh and an easter egg!

YouTube app is back!

I believe PreWare did not handle the patch correctly,Even though it was gone w/ 1.4.1 the notes app still had a working scrim....Really weird!

I ran EPR and these new ones installed fine on device, So please let me knowif these work so i can get them back in PreWare!
    Just installed with WOSQI and life is good again! Thanks, I was developing a twitch without this, lol! Now I need chat balloons

15.    #155  
    they are ready too I'll post them tonight

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    they are ready too I'll post them tonight
    Sweet! Thanks!!

Could I get an invitation to the scrims dropbox? ziahzero@gmail.com
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustardsteve View Post
    Could I get an invitation to the scrims dropbox? ziahzero@gmail.com
    Invite sent

Follow the link below.

I just tried to update my tweaks to 1.4.1. today and noticed I couldn't get the Scrim Multi o2 to update with webos quick install to the new version. This stops me from being able to access the tweaks in the quick install, however, I guess I could learn to do it from Preware from now on.

I have since gone into Preware and tried to update or remove it, but it gives me an error for both.

I then came to this page and noticed the patches for 1.4.1, and tried to install the patches through quick install, but alas, none of the 4 work.

Any ideas? Thanks

][)
  20.    #160  
    PreWare failed to remove all of the remnants of this patch during the ota, you could try the WebOsRepairUtility, Or worst case EPR. I dont know for sure the RepairUtility will correct the issue as I EPR'd because the 1.4.1.1 Dr had not been released when I updated the Patch.

Follow the link below.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast