Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 281
  1. #121  
    dont know what im doing wrong put this patch only works for message and nothing else.
  2. sui
    sui is offline
    sui's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    #122  
    hi

    nice to see the O2 version of this patch.
    It works good with the black-out theme.

    just 2 questions from me. is it possible to scrim the calendar app, too? and how much work is it to integrate a settings dialog in luna for changing font colors and other things?

    rgrds
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by sui View Post
    hi

    nice to see the O2 version of this patch.
    It works good with the black-out theme.

    just 2 questions from me. is it possible to scrim the calendar app, too? and how much work is it to integrate a settings dialog in luna for changing font colors and other things?

    rgrds


    I dont use the calendar app so im not sure how difficult it would be but ill look into it. No promises though....lol

    As to the second part, that is way over my head at this point. I would love somebody to take that idea and run w/ it as well.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I don't actually use your scrim patches, but they are cool.

    I wanted say I think your Dropbox idea is very good.

    .
    Thats OK my patches are just visual mostly and are not for some.

    Thanks given! lol

    Btw are you working on the default to call log? Thats pretty much the only one I cant live w/o.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  5. #125  
    2sslow, I downloaded the Dropbox program on my computer and looked around at it. I was wondering, where do you want us to upload our scrims to? Do you want us to create seperate folders in the "public" directory or in the "pictures" directory or.....? Based on your comment about "Hopefully this will eliminate some of the misspelled files and incorrect extensions", I assume that's what you were thinking as we will all have the same named ten png files...
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    2sslow, I downloaded the Dropbox program on my computer and looked around at it. I was wondering, where do you want us to upload our scrims to? Do you want us to create seperate folders in the "public" directory or in the "pictures" directory or.....? Based on your comment about "Hopefully this will eliminate some of the misspelled files and incorrect extensions", I assume that's what you were thinking as we will all have the same named ten png files...
    I also sent a link to a shared folder.... Ill send it again!


    I have had 30+ requests and im working through them now, what was your email address again
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  7.    #127  
    Come on guys! lets get some more scrim folders going in dropbox.

    Just drag your scrim folder to the shared scrims folder so we can see what youve got!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    What is your address? is it in....spudland@aol.com or spudland@aol.com?
    email is spudland@aol.com

    installed dropbox app but not sure what to do next...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  9.    #129  
    Cmon guys every one of you that accepts the invite gets a free 250mb bonus....Thats 2.25gb free storage space
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  10. #130  
    Leave your comments on the below info here:
    "So we don't bog up this original thread"
    Here is a little item I put together for myself and was asked by 2sslow to upload what I did here so others can do the same. Hopefully I add everything here as needed and directions are good as I really don't feel like answering questions right now.

    ( "Friday my wife delivered our baby girl at 17 weeks and I am not in any mood to do this anymore." )


    Download these file to your computer.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymmgwljwdwz/scrims.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymnndgmiygy/scripts.zip
    Extract them.

    Also make sure you have Terminal or Terminus installed for future use with this setup as it will make this computer independent once you have all the files in the folders you want like I do.


    1. Backup and remove your original scrims folder from your phones /media/internal/.
    "which is the main folder when mounted to your desktop via USB".

    2. Copy the extracted scrims folder to /media/internal/.
    "this folder has a hidden Colors folder called .Colors (/media/internal/scrims/.Colors/)."

    3. Copy the extracted scripts folder to /media/internal/scrims/.
    4. from Terminal or Terminus type: ln -s /media/internal/scrims/scripts/*.sh /var/home/root/
    5. now try one of my solid colors. From Terminal or Terminus type: sh black-scrim.sh
    "to do this you will need to make sure you are still in /var/home/root/ otherwise the above command will fail"
    6. Your phone will run pkill LunaSysMgr for for the Luna restart which will make sure all app scrims actually pickup the new file.

    You can make your own folders in .Color with your own files for all that you like together and your own scripts in scripts for each of your different folders and copy them like I showed above to the root home.

    This is just a easy little concept I created as I do not know how to do the GUI scripting for menu's and such.

    2sslow, I updated the script so it will work with only running once, so you might want to take that new zip file as well. It takes a few seconds longer but seems to work everytime now.



    This is what the scripts look like just slightly modified for each folder and color:
    #!/bin/sh
    echo Removing PNG files.
    echo
    sleep 1
    rm -Rf /media/internal/scrims/messaging-scrim.png
    echo 10
    sleep 1
    rm -Rf /media/internal/scrims/photos-scrim.png
    echo 9
    sleep 1
    rm -Rf /media/internal/scrims/browser-scrim.png
    echo 8
    sleep 1
    rm -Rf /media/internal/scrims/music-player-scrim.png
    echo 7
    sleep 1
    rm -Rf /media/internal/scrims/contacts-scrim.png
    echo 6
    sleep 1
    rm -Rf /media/internal/scrims/notes-scrim.png
    echo 5
    sleep 1
    rm -Rf /media/internal/scrims/sprintnav-scrim.png
    echo 4
    sleep 1
    rm -Rf /media/internal/scrims/email-scrim.png
    echo 3
    sleep 1
    rm -Rf /media/internal/scrims/phone-scrim.png
    echo 2
    sleep 1
    rm -Rf /media/internal/scrims/video-player-scrim.png
    echo 1
    sleep 1
    echo Removal Process Done.
    echo
    sleep 1
    echo Copying the Black scrims
    echo
    sleep 1
    cp /media/internal/scrims/.Colors/Black/messaging-scrim.png /media/internal/scrims/
    echo 1
    sleep 1
    cp /media/internal/scrims/.Colors/Black/photos-scrim.png /media/internal/scrims/
    echo 2
    sleep 1
    cp /media/internal/scrims/.Colors/Black/browser-scrim.png /media/internal/scrims/
    echo 3
    sleep 1
    cp /media/internal/scrims/.Colors/Black/music-player-scrim.png /media/internal/scrims/
    echo 4
    sleep 1
    cp /media/internal/scrims/.Colors/Black/contacts-scrim.png /media/internal/scrims/
    echo 5
    sleep 1
    cp /media/internal/scrims/.Colors/Black/notes-scrim.png /media/internal/scrims/
    echo 6
    sleep 1
    cp /media/internal/scrims/.Colors/Black/sprintnav-scrim.png /media/internal/scrims/
    echo 7
    sleep 1
    cp /media/internal/scrims/.Colors/Black/email-scrim.png /media/internal/scrims/
    echo 8
    sleep 1
    cp /media/internal/scrims/.Colors/Black/phone-scrim.png /media/internal/scrims/
    echo 9
    sleep 1
    cp /media/internal/scrims/.Colors/Black/video-player-scrim.png /media/internal/scrims/
    echo 10
    sleep 1
    echo Copy Process Done.
    echo
    sleep 1
    echo Restarting Luna
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    Last edited by demetry14; 03/08/2010 at 07:15 PM.
  11. #131  
    2sslow

    Any news on a scrim name for the videos app, you know where the videos recorded are displayed? I know you have a (NO LONGER WORKS), but was wondering if you were working on a fix.

    I just noticed it didn't turn black and then looked back at the names and there isn't one for that app.
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    2sslow

    Any news on a scrim name for the videos app, you know where the videos recorded are displayed? I know you have a (NO LONGER WORKS), but was wondering if you were working on a fix.

    I just noticed it didn't turn black and then looked back at the names and there isn't one for that app.
    Yeah demetry14 I am working on the videoplayer files just slow go...ya know with life interfering and all....lol

    Thanks for posting that... I have some ideas that might make this easier for people that dont want solid color scrims.

    Ill post here and your thread when I get it worked out!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yeah demetry14 I am working on the videoplayer files just slow go...ya know with life interfering and all....lol

    Thanks for posting that... I have some ideas that might make this easier for people that dont want solid color scrims.

    Ill post here and your thread when I get it worked out!
    I added the black folder under .Colors for this purpose... If you want to you can replace those files in /.Colors/Black/ with any files you want as long as they are the right files names for your scrim patches. and when you run the black-scrim.sh it will move the files.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I added the black folder under .Colors for this purpose... If you want to you can replace those files in /.Colors/Black/ with any files you want as long as they are the right files names for your scrim patches. and when you run the black-scrim.sh it will move the files.
    I was thinking the folders could be named something like Theme1,Theme2,etc?
    If we do the original setup the user could add the correctly named files to the correct theme# and would still have the option to add as many scrims as patches created.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I was thinking the folders could be named something like Theme1,Theme2,etc?
    If we do the original setup the user could add the correctly named files to the correct theme# and would still have the option to add as many scrims as patches created.
    yeah that could be done...

    1. make a copy of the black-scrim.sh file in the scripts folder and then rename it to Theme1.sh.
    2. open it in notepad, text edit or a plain text editor of your choice.
    3. do a "find and replace".
    4. in find and replace "find should be Black, replace should be Theme1".
    5. then in .Colors make a folder named Theme1.
    6. Place your scrim files (named to your scrim names" in the Theme1 folder.
    7.from terminal or terminus type: ln -s /media/internal/scrims/scripts/Theme1 /var/home/root/
    8. run: sh Theme1.sh

    I hope this helps explain the process easily.
  16. #136  
    Are you going to update the multiscrim2 patch for WebOS 1.4 so all messaging text will be in a black font?
  17. #137  
    2sslow, I don't get your patch scripting fot the scrims but I have found the item that needs to be replaced for the video app to be scrimable again.

    I believe it is this file:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    2sslow, I don't get your patch scripting fot the scrims but I have found the item that needs to be replaced for the video app to be scrimable again.
    Yeah thats it but I cant find the script that points to it! lol

    I have to backtrack it to the script so I can change the location to the scrims folder.

    Im afraid its been locked down just like the boot images and some others.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yeah thats it but I cant find the script that points to it! lol

    I have to backtrack it to the script so I can change the location to the scrims folder.

    Im afraid its been locked down just like the boot images and some others.
    I think I found it. You may want to take a look though to make sure...

    I see a reference to the filename in:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/appinfo.json
    {
    "title": "Videos",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "noWindow": true,
    "visible": "true",
    "splashicon": "icon-256x256.png",
    "splashBackground":"images/splash-screenshot-default.png",
    "id": "com.palm.app.videoplayer"
    }
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  20. #140  
    Hi all,

    I'm trying for the first time the scrim multi patch after much debate with myself.

    I downloaded the scrims.zip and scripts.zip files and copied the files and folders over to the usb drive... and I do now have a folder scrims plus the hidden folder .color.

    I'm stuck at the command I'm suppose to type in and a little confused and just want some clarification.

    The instructions listed this statement:

    4. from Terminal or Terminus type: ln -s /media/internal/scrims/scripts/*.sh /var/home/root/

    Notice what I highlighted in bold and red!

    Am I supposed to type in: 'In -s /media/internal....' or was the 'In' part of the instruction as in 'type In:' was that a typo?

    I'm not a Linux person so I'm not sure if 'In' is a command or part of the instruction due to the way it was written.

    Just want to be certain!

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions