Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I have patched and themed my Pre, and installed 2sslow's Multi Scrim patch. I wanted to use my own wallpapers, and not just the single colored backgrounds. I have had no issues with scrimming all 10 of the apps 2sslow has included in his patch, with the theme I have installed on my Pre. Below are some examples of scrims I am using, that aren't the standard single color backgrounds. I use an app called Switcharoo Free that changes my wallpaper every minute, so I d/l 100 jpgs into my wallpaper folder for Switcharoo to pick from. I took 10 of these jpgs and copied them into the scrim folder on the USB drive as .png files with the file names
    2sslow said had to be used. For each of the ten pics I selected, I named each file with all ten of the available apps that can be scrimmed, so ultimately I created 10 folders, each with 10 .png files in them. I didn't want these to show up in my photo app, so I put all 10 of these folders in a folder named ".scrim" inside the wallpapers folder on the USB drive so the contents of the folder would be hidden to the Pre, but viewable using Internalz. Essentially, this has allowed me to open up Internalz anytime I want, go to the ".scrim" folder, copy anyone of the 100 files I have in the 10 folders, and paste it into the "scrims" folder, and I can change the background on any of the 10 apps 2sslow has made available in his patch, anytime I want. I love changing things up on my Pre, and 2sslow just made it extremely easy for people like myself who are not developers, to do that with minimal effort. Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing what else he comes up with.

Here are just 3 examples of the wallpaper's I made into .png files and used to scrim my
    contacts / phone / and photo apps:

Last edited by 2tatdler; 01/18/2010 at 10:07 AM.
    With the last small update, 1.3.5.1, I didn't remove any patches or themes, and everything went just fine. Does anyone think that will also be the case when 1.4 comes out next month? It seems like that is going to be a substantial update, with video and possibly Flash. Just wondering...I would really hate to start all over customizing my Pre...with 38 patches, a theme, and now multiple .png files to work with 2sslow's Multi Scrim patch. I almost feel like before too long, my Pre is going to have spinners, and hydraulics! Ha Ha.
    2sslow, great patch. I was wondering though, could you post a version of this patch that only changes the phone dialer background? That's the only app background I want to change. I realize I can download this patch and only put phone-scrim.png in the scrims folder on the USB drive, however I don't want the other 9 apps to change to black with white font. Thanks
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2tatdler View Post
    I have patched and themed my Pre, and installed 2sslow's Multi Scrim patch. I wanted to use my own wallpapers, and not just the single colored backgrounds. I have had no issues with scrimming all 10 of the apps 2sslow has included in his patch, with the theme I have installed on my Pre. Below are some examples of scrims I am using, that aren't the standard single color backgrounds. I use an app called Switcharoo Free that changes my wallpaper every minute, so I d/l 100 jpgs into my wallpaper folder for Switcharoo to pick from. I took 10 of these jpgs and copied them into the scrim folder on the USB drive as .png files with the file names
    2sslow said had to be used. For each of the ten pics I selected, I named each file with all ten of the available apps that can be scrimmed, so ultimately I created 10 folders, each with 10 .png files in them. I didn't want these to show up in my photo app, so I put all 10 of these folders in a folder named ".scrim" inside the wallpapers folder on the USB drive so the contents of the folder would be hidden to the Pre, but viewable using Internalz. Essentially, this has allowed me to open up Internalz anytime I want, go to the ".scrim" folder, copy anyone of the 100 files I have in the 10 folders, and paste it into the "scrims" folder, and I can change the background on any of the 10 apps 2sslow has made available in his patch, anytime I want. I love changing things up on my Pre, and 2sslow just made it extremely easy for people like myself who are not developers, to do that with minimal effort. Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing what else he comes up with.

Here are just 3 examples of the wallpaper's I made into .png files and used to scrim my

Now Thats what I like to see! i love that and great idea with the xtra pics.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    2sslow, great patch. I was wondering though, could you post a version of this patch that only changes the phone dialer background? That's the only app background I want to change. I realize I can download this patch and only put phone-scrim.png in the scrims folder on the USB drive, however I don't want the other 9 apps to change to black with white font. Thanks
    Here you go!
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Here you go!
    Thank you kindly. Would it be possible for you to submit this phone scrim patch to Preware? I have a older computer that WEBOSQI doesn't work on, so I have to goto my girlfriends house and use WEBOSQI on her computer for anything that isn't on preware.
  7.    #47  
    Thank you kindly. Would it be possible for you to submit this phone scrim patch to Preware? I have a older computer that WEBOSQI doesn't work on, so I have to goto my girlfriends house and use WEBOSQI on her computer for anything that isn't on preware.
    I will but theres no guarantee it will be accepted as Preware is getting overrun w/ scrim patches.

Also I still have some work to do on it, It works but it leaves some of the fades. I will have a better version in a few days.

Follow the link below.

8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2tatdler View Post

It would be really great if you could post the images you are using.

If The files are too big to post here you could email me them and I can host them for everybody!

LMK

Follow the link below.

i been having the issue getting scrims patch to work aswell!
    I installed from preware, created scrims folder in pre, labled .png files correctly, converted files to .png, and made sure the size was 320x480.

i use to have a theme but removed, so i ended up doctoring the phone from my computer and had to reset all from scratch, without installing any patches but this one and still no luck still get black pages!

any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeview View Post
    i been having the issue getting scrims patch to work aswell!
    I installed from preware, created scrims folder in pre, labled .png files correctly, converted files to .png, and made sure the size was 320x480.

i use to have a theme but removed, so i ended up doctoring the phone from my computer and had to reset all from scratch, without installing any patches but this one and still no luck still get black pages!

any ideas?
    Only thing I have to add is to make sure the scrims folder is in the /media/internal/ folder, lower case, and all file names are lower case with no spaces before and after the dash in the file name. I'm not sure if it is necessary, but restarting the phone may help as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    It would be really great if you could post the images you are using.

If The files are too big to post here you could email me them and I can host them for everybody!

LMK
    Sure...I chose not to scrim the Sprint Navigation, as I have not really used that app much, but here are the nine pics I am using for 9 of the 10 apps your patch will scrim. The .jpg's are already sized to 320 x 480. I use IrfanView to resize and convert to .png....I haven't really read the rules for posting..hope it isn't against any to suggest free software.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I use Switcharoo Free, and put around 100 pics in my wallpaper folder for it to choose from. There are several more in that folder that would work great for "scrimming" (where did that word come from?) I would be happy to email them to you if you feel others would want to use them. Most of them are of blue lightning / blue space planet type pics, or black and whites. The dark blue / black / gray / and white seem to all work pretty good with the white fonts. Just let me know. I have uploaded around 30 of these pics to the 'community / pictures and albums' link at the top of the message board for anyone to download.

BTW...I tested out my idea of selecting any one of these .png files inside the hidden folders I created in the wallpapers folder using Internalz, and copying it into the scrim folder where I already have the 9 files below. I was worried that it wouldn't overwrite the existing file, but it did with no problems, and no rebooting the phone for the new scrim to show in the app...instant gratification!

browser-scrim

http://i50.tinypic.com/90ngus.jpg

contacts-scrim

http://i48.tinypic.com/ngvqk1.jpg

email-scrim

http://i50.tinypic.com/34fcfoy.jpg

messaging-scrim

http://i46.tinypic.com/2njyrzn.jpg
    this one could be a better pic..not much of it shows behind the messaging app.

music-player-scrim

http://i45.tinypic.com/bdjtyv.jpg
    I don't use Music Player...I use the Remix, which has the ability to change the background in it.

notes-scrim

http://i45.tinypic.com/14dow0o.jpg

phone-scrim

http://i50.tinypic.com/2vladth.jpg

photos-scrim

http://i50.tinypic.com/jjtz4x.jpg

video-player-scrim

http://i49.tinypic.com/2wqtngo.jpg
    Last edited by 2tatdler; 01/20/2010 at 02:49 PM.
    i figured it out! i had them labled with .png at the end of each, when i removed it from the name it worked!

thanks for the Patch!
    Just wanted to say thanks, a ton. You rock!
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeview View Post
    i figured it out! i had them labled with .png at the end of each, when i removed it from the name it worked!

thanks for the Patch!
    Great Im glad you got it working!

Follow the link below.

2sslow-

First of all i wanted to say thank you so much for this patch! It works fantastically great!

Second of all I was wondering if you could make a multi-scrim patch that was all black font, and a separate patch that was all white font?

That would be so awesome! Am looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!
    2sslow, I was wondering if you could make a patch to scrim the "unlock"?
  18.    #58  
    2sslow, I was wondering if you could make a patch to scrim the "unlock"?
    Ive tried that one and I can get it to work only where you set your pin but it wont work for the unlock for some reason!

Ill look into it a little more but i wouldnt get my hopes up! lol

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by PREADAM View Post
    Figured a solution...

This is what I'm looking for. I want either an all white text or all black (preferred) text. With the current one having highs, lows and mids its too hard to find a suitable background.
    2sslow - I was just wondering if you could make all the scrims available seperatelly through preware like for example I would like only the following scrims but can't get them seperatelly.
    browser-scrim.png
    phone-scrim.png
    photos-scrim.png
    video-player-scrim.png
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast