Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    I'm having issues, I tried downloading a milti scrim patch but all of them seem to fail on install. Is any one else having this problem as well?
    this is an old thread from last year but it still works I use it on 1.4.5 sprint pre plus. Post ur error logs or make sure you don't have any other scrim patches installed. IDK if this works with a theme installed either.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    this is an old thread from last year but it still works I use it on 1.4.5 sprint pre plus. Post ur error logs or make sure you don't have any other scrim patches installed. IDK if this works with a theme installed either.

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    9 13120 9 1203 0 0 1734 0 0:00:07 --:--:-- 0:00:07 7518
    100 13120 100 13120 0 0 13828 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 31614
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-scrim-multi-o2-v2
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-scrim-multi-o2-v2.postinst 2>&1
    3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/stylesheets/list.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/stylesheets/email.css.rej
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/stylesheets/music-player.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/stylesheets/notes-app.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/stylesheets/phone.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/stylesheets/photos.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.youtube/stylesheets/youtube-home.css.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.misc-scrim-multi-o2-v2 from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-scrim-multi-o2-v2.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi
    on the 32nd line down after Install it says previous patch detected. Try checking your installed package list to se if you missed something.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    on the 32nd line down after Install it says previous patch detected. Try checking your installed package list to se if you missed something.
    that's weird I know I uninstalled it due to my phone acting up, actually I uninstalled all the patches I had and doctored it. I checked preware it's not installed, so how do I remove a stuck patch or am I screwed? Thanks in advance
    that's weird I know I uninstalled it due to my phone acting up, actually I uninstalled all the patches I had and doctored it. I checked preware it's not installed, so how do I remove a stuck patch or am I screwed? Thanks in advance
    So you don't have any patches or themes installed?

What carrier are you with? what OS version do you have 1.4.5 1.4.1 etc?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    So you don't have any patches or themes installed?

What carrier are you with? what OS version do you have 1.4.5 1.4.1 etc?
    well I got patches n a theme installed for now, but I'm with verizon n on os 1.4.5. Also I've tried wosqi but still had no luck.
    well I got patches n a theme installed for now, but I'm with verizon n on os 1.4.5. Also I've tried wosqi but still had no luck.
    It's been awhile but I do remember having some conflicting patches with this. If you install this patch first most other conflicts go away (note:if you're using Sconix awesome patches I'd put them on before this and then add this immediately after). Also, I'd ditch the theme until you get this patch installed as some of the info may affect the same files as this patch.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

What he said. ^ uninstall ur patches then install this patch (make sure it's verizon version) then reinstall ur patches. Any conflicting patches won't be able to install.
    Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the ugly green when you tap the contact avatar in the call log view. Plus the green fade at the top & the bottom of call log & around the avatar.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    you can use WOSQI or SSH to change the following images in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/:

call-log-view-menu-bg.png (320x54)
    backdrop-phone-fade-top.png (320x50)
    backdrop-phone-fade-bottom.png (320x28)
    backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png (320x29)

you can also change these if you want to rid yourself of all fades in the phone app:

glass-fade-bottom.png (320x40)
    glass-fade-top.png (320x40)

personally i make all of these images transparent and like how it looks.
    ~P.Sout
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    oh and for the avatar, it should be one of these in the same directory to get rid of that green:

call-log-list-sprite.png
    generic-details-view-avatar.png
    list-view-avatar.png
    ~P.Sout
    Quote Originally Posted by econdor View Post
    you can use WOSQI or SSH to change the following images in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/:
    you can also change these if you want to rid yourself of all fades in the phone app:

personally i make all of these images transparent and like how it looks.
    How do you make them transparent do you pick any color & make the transparency 100% or is there a special color to pick, or a special program to use. Sorry to sound like a Noob.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    thanks to everyone who tried helping me. I finally got it to work after applying the erp patch and doing a full erase through device info then finally seeing the doctor.
    It's all good...even needs to see the doctor now and again....part of good health!

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    How do you make them transparent do you pick any color & make the transparency 100% or is there a special color to pick, or a special program to use. Sorry to sound like a Noob.
    if you open up the image in a program like paint.NET, gimp, or Hornil StylePix just "add a new layer" (select transparent if asked what background color you want) and then delete the original image layer and save...or you could use the rectangular selection tool to outline the entire canvas and then press delete

(if you do not currently have an image editor that supports alpha and layers you can download all 3 of the programs above at cnet.com -- imo paint and hornil are much easier to learn and navigate)

hope this helps
    ~P.Sout
    Anyone know if this patch works on 2.1?

woundering if this patch will be available for the touchpad? Anyone know?
    I'm running the "classic" Sprint Pre and I would like to be able to set my messaging text to black to work with the changes that I am making, but I can't find where to do it. I want to use white "speech bubbles", like in a comic book. I've attached the background of the messaging app to illustrate what I am going for.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Anyone know if this patch works on 2.1?
    +1

I really like this patch when I was on 1.4.5
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    hey i know im a couple of years late but im so confused about how to use this help