Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    UPDATE: 1.4.1

I have created this to help the people that dont feel comfortable using command line.

Heres how it works!

1) Install using WOSQI
    2)Create a folder in usb mode called "scrims" without the quotes
    3)Place the chat balloons pics you want in the newly created scrims folder.
    4) make sure they are named:
    chat-balloon-left.png
    chat-balloon-right.png

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2sslow; 04/02/2010 at 10:36 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

2.    #2  
    Update:

submitted to PreWare!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    screen shots
  4.    #4  
    Screenshots of what!

This allows you to change the color and style of your chat balloons in the messaging app easily.

Before this patch you had to use command line or ssh into your Pre to change them. Now all you do is find the ones you like and put them on the Usb drive in a folder called scrims, And install this patch of course!

Follow the link below.

Is there somewhere to see the ballons and save them to the computer then put them on the phone?
  6.    #6  
    Im not a designer i just make the patches, You can search this forum....I have seen a number of them here. As well as make your own using mspaint or photoshop or the like.

Once you find ones you like, Create a folder on the usb drive on the Pre called scrims and put the chat balloons you want to use in there then reboot.

Obviously you need to have this patch installed!
    In PreWare now!

Follow the link below.

what do the dimentsions of the png file have to be?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    what do the dimentsions of the png file have to be?
    300x32

Follow the link below.

2sslow, thanks for this patch
    It'd be good to get a thread going with different users' creations so we can have a little library of SMS bubble scrims.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan94darling View Post
    Is there somewhere to see the ballons and save them to the computer then put them on the phone?
    I was surprised why no one was posting their scrims, but i guess you can download the theme packages (zip file) and then pull the image from there.
    ***I Twitter***

11.    #11  
    I would love for you guys to post some scrims here:

I am a little surprised there has been little interest in this Patch, I guess you are right about using themes to change the balloons but there are a lot of people who dont like themes.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I would love for you guys to post some scrims here:

I am a little surprised there has been little interest in this Patch, I guess you are right about using themes to change the balloons but there are a lot of people who dont like themes.
    I meant you can actually pull the images and use them from the theme WITH OUT using the theme. once you extract the image, just put it in the right folders.
    ***I Twitter***

13.    #13  
    Yeah, I understood what you were saying! lol

I was eluding to the fact that a lot of people, if they want to change their balloons just install a theme!

I dont think themes are a good idea at all. Its a security risk! could potentially screw up a perfectly good Pre. lol

Follow the link below.

Any help on getting the text to wrap properly? I dont mind the different font...but if that was back to normal that would be great too.

15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterChen View Post
    Any help on getting the text to wrap properly? I dont mind the different font...but if that was back to normal that would be great too.

Change the timestamp patch to a different one, I believe you are using fancy?
    Try built in or clean...that should solve your issues!

Follow the link below.

perfect solved my issues...i am using a theme tho...one that I have created from other peoples themes, I just used your patch for the messaging part. THANKS.

I would post screen shots but they are the same as above...just with correct font and wrapping.
  17.    #17  

Follow the link below.

ok so where do I find chat balloon pics?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by doubtmenow9987 View Post
    ok so where do I find chat balloon pics?
    post #6 do a search.... Like I said I am not artistic I just modify the code. lol

Follow the link below.

Thanks again for this one 2sslow - I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I'm gonna fire up The Gimp and see what I can come up with.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast