Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    honestly thank you so much. Been looking for a way to do this for my sister who wants pink. Thanks!!!! I didn't want to use a theme. So after installing this do I change anything else? Or will this only change the color? And is it ok for the pixi?

thanks
  2.    #42  
    just create a folder under usb mode called scrims (lower case) and put your custom chat balloon there and you are done, except to reboot the phone. Thats it.

I dont have a pixi but I dont see why it wouldnt work on the Pixi and no one has mentioned any problems w/ any of my scrim patches.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Any idea why mine seems to be messed up?

what program did y'all use to change the colors? I have photoshop, but don't really know the easiest way to make sure the color i want fade to the grey. maybe gradient?

nvm. i may have gotten one. pink for my sister.

Last edited by AstronautBrooks; 06/06/2010 at 11:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I have created two messaging scrim graphics that use transparency, unlike the stock ones on the Pre.

perhaps they will be useful to others. They will show custom backgrounds through the bubbles (slightly) and the corners of the bubbles are truly transparent.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    I have created two messaging scrim graphics that use transparency, unlike the stock ones on the Pre.

perhaps they will be useful to others. They will show custom backgrounds through the bubbles (slightly) and the corners of the bubbles are truly transparent.
    That's really cool.

Do you take requests? hehe
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    I must say, this is one of my favorite patches.
    I have been using it along side warlord's animated messaging patch for quite some time now,and I am very pleased.

Not long ago he came out with a fixed verson that had white font for both the sms and IM messaging. I was excited to use it combined with your scrim chat ballon patch, but I got a ipkg error where one out of 7 hunk errors appeared when I tried to install your patch combined with his. So I tried it the other way around and got one out of 37 hunk errors when I tried to install his patch over yours.

The error that comes up shows a root, and states that the save was rejected.

I don't have the same problem using his black text animated messaging patch. So I was curious if maybe you knew what it could be, causing the ipkg error. I have also left warlord a message regarding this.

I am curious to know if there is a fairly easy work around for it, and if you will need the root that appears in the ipkg log to help?

I am aware that I could use your scrim messaging patch and do the same. But I just kind of want to have one animated patch source, and not two, including another separate folder for my gif's.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/11/2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: typos
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Hi 2sslow, I just got a message from warlord, and he hooked me up with sme css code, that shows where the conflict is coming from. Check it out...

@@ -619,6 +637,7 @@
    border-width: 10px;
    -webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-left-selected.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
    -webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-left.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
    + color: #ffffff;

@@ -616,7 +616,7 @@
    .chat-entry.their-chat .chat-balloon {
    border-width: 10px;
    -webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-left-selected.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
    - -webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-left.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
    + -webkit-border-image: url(/media/internal/scrims/chat-balloon-left.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
    }

.chat-entry.selected .chat-balloon {
    @@ -628,7 +628,7 @@
    }

.chat-entry.my-chat .chat-balloon {
    - -webkit-border-image: url(../images/chatview/chat-balloon-right.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;
    + -webkit-border-image: url(/media/internal/scrims/chat-balloon-right.png) 10 10 10 10 stretch stretch;

In this case, if I had the right apps to go in and fix this, could I just go ahead and edit the corresponding code that conflicts with the two patches and be done with it? Or is there much more to it than that?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    My patch add lines to the .css file in-return throws off the lines that the Chat-Balloon patch needed to modify

All we need to do for you is make a patch with the two patches together.
    I dont understand why we need two of these patches? use mine it works fine w/ the chat balloon patch as well as ALL of my patches and already has white font in messaging.

Files need to be named the same as warlords just need to be put in the scrims folder instead of wallpapers.

messaging-scrim.png
    chat-balloon-left.png
    chat-balloon-right.png

/media/internal/scrims/xxxx-xxxx.png

All of mine already have the ability to use animated.gif
    just rename your .gif to .png, webOS will still see it as a .gif.

Not to take anything away from warlord, I know he wrote all of his code but it was unnecessary as mine has been able to do this since inception and ALL of my patches play nice w/ each other. Once you have all of your scrims in the scrims folder you can, using Internalz change the name of the scrims folder to .scrims and they will now be hidden in the photos app. Remember to restart

This is my messaging patch w/ animation and chat-balloon patch. I just didnt put balloons in the scrims folder to achieve this look.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2sslow; 09/11/2010 at 03:51 PM.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Yes 2sslow, thank you very much as well. I am well aware of your patches, they are awesome. The one that warlord just posted combines the two patches, is all. Makes it easier for the user imo. Just editing two lines and you get the best of both of your patches in one
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/11/2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typos
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

11.    #51  
    Here. try this.
    It was ez for me to make this as I only needed to change two line to my w/text patch.

2sslow would have made 41 line entrées to get this to work for you.
    I didnt have to change any code to make this work it already worked!

Follow the link below.

12.    #52  
    K i wll remove that patch...
    And all my posts too

EDIT
    Done
    Wow are we in a ****y mood today? Did I say anything negative about you or your patches?

Edit: your acting like a child for no reason

Follow the link below.

Thanks you guys. So it looks as though I can do everything you mentioned through internalz, correct 2sslow?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Thanks you guys. So it looks as though I can do everything you mentioned through internalz, correct 2sslow?
    Yep! Internalz is great and theres not much you cant do w/ it!

Follow the link below.

15.    #55  
    RoLLEmUp heres a single patch to do both!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2sslow; 09/11/2010 at 05:22 PM.

Follow the link below.

Thank you very much. I'll store it in my patches archive.
    Gosh, and only 1.6kb... That's awesome
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yep! Internalz is great and theres not much you cant do w/ it!
    Tell me about it. Internalz has saved my **** quite a few times already from running an EPR and a Doctor.
    The only thing it can't do is make me pancakes... It wouldn't surprise me if the guys and gals over at webos-internals had that in the works for the future haahaahaha
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

this doesnt work with my pre plus
    Does anyone know how to change the white text?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I would love for you guys to post some scrims here:

I am a little surprised there has been little interest in this Patch, I guess you are right about using themes to change the balloons but there are a lot of people who dont like themes.
    i need help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123