1.    #1  
    This is the thread for the gDial Pro patch that routes your universal search calls and SMS messages through gDial Pro and Google Voice. Please any comments or questions below.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    This would be really great if Sprint would consider your google voice # a mobile instead of a landline. I mean most of the Pre owners have one of the any mobile to mobile plans.

It would be great if there was some sort of workaround so it didnt cost to use google voice!

By cost money I mean take away from my minutes. ( I know it doesnt actuall cost money for google voice).
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

if you call them and get the free 3 or 5 you can add gv as one of the numbers and there will be no loss of minutes
    I have tried that and they wont because i have any mobile to mobile!

Maybe Ill try again and see if i can get somebody who is not so smart.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    This is the thread for the gDial Pro patch that routes your universal search calls and SMS messages through gDial Pro and Google Voice. Please any comments or questions below.
    Thank you!

I added your link to the patch index.

- Craig
    I previously signed up for free calls to my home number - an old promo. My google voice number is my free number so I don't get charged for those calls.

However, since Sprint started their free mobile-to-any-mobile, my average minutes have gone from 1500 to 400 minutes per month on my family plan. Minutes are no longer an issue for me.
    when I got the Pre I had to switch from my free incoming they gave me the free five and my billable minutes are about 100. This patch is pretty cool as well.
    I just simply cannot get this to work. I have the homebrew version of gdial, and this patch installed. Everytime I use universal search for a contact and click that contacts phone number it uses the normal dialer and only dials the normal phone number without the google voice prefix. The contacts I am calling are reporting that I am using my Sprint phone number when I make these calls. Can someone advise me of any sort of documentation for this patch?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Documentation as in??? THat it really works...???
    Quote Originally Posted by traclimb View Post
    Documentation as in??? THat it really works...???
    No. As in how to get it to work. Turns out my phone needed to be doctored and the patch needed to be re-applied to get it to work. I was assuming that I was missing a setting somewhere because no matter how I tried to dial (Search/built in dial pad/contacts) it would always dial through the normal interface and never use gDial Pro. It's fixed now.
    I dont understand this patch. Can someone explain it to me like a 2 year old?
    I just tried the patch and it works. I wish there was a way for you to choose between the phone app & Gdial.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysdon04 View Post
    I wish there was a way for you to choose between the phone app & Gdial.
    Me too!
    I thought gdial had been killed
    Mine also would not work. Ran the doctor. wiped all data and started clean. I have the updated WebOS 1.4.1.1 installed. Installed the patch AGAIN and would not work.
    Thank you
    Don't mean to bump but didn't see an answer.

I had this same problem with it not working, and in the patch it says "not compatible with app Catalog version of gDial," a slightly confusing statement. There's no app catalog version anymore, so that's not a problem(?).

You need to have the (discontinued) gDial Pro app on your phone for the patch to work. You can find it around on the net (1.3.1 or 1.3.2 are the newest versions iirc, i've not found a copy of 1.3.2 yet though.)
    I must be one of the few people who actually doesn't talk on my Pre, hardly at all. LOL!

I have the 450 plan and out of my landline minutes, I usually use an average of 7 a month and maybe 30 M to M.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!