Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Try this one
    will try and report

EDIT: perfect so far. works like a charm. thank you
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 02/28/2010 at 07:08 PM.
  2.    #22  
    You are welcome
    I'd like to replace the end call sound with one of my own. How would I go about doing this? Is there a wav file I can replace via WOSQI?
  4.    #24  
    it is the notification sound I will get you the directory when I get home. You do know that all notification sounds will be the same right?
    it is the notification sound I will get you the directory when I get home. You do know that all notification sounds will be the same right?
    Thanks.
    Actually, I just want to replace the beep that occurs when you press the hang up button as in the attached picture. Does that same beep occur elsewhere?

Edit.
    Duh... 1st post says it all:
    end call, dropped call, missed call and ignored call sound.

That's ok. I've yet to experience anything but the end call sound. And I miss the sfx from the matrix movies that I had on my palm os phones.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mannyman; 03/01/2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: doh...
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Thanks.
    Actually, I just want to replace the beep that occurs when you press the hang up button as in the attached picture. Does that same beep occur elsewhere?
    Yes, this is why I installed this patch...
    Hmmm, wondering if you could patch the code to instead of using the same sound, the patch could activate notification_sound_1, notification_sound_2,,,,notification_sound_n. And then all we would have to do is put each different sound in the correct directory that we would like changed.

Just asking...
  8.    #28  
    Thanks.

Edit.

That's ok. I've yet to experience anything but the end call sound. And I miss the sfx from the matrix movies that I had on my palm os phones.
    Actually that ia a different sound this patch doesn't effect that one at all.
  9.    #29  
    Hmmm, wondering if you could patch the code to instead of using the same sound, the patch could activate notification_sound_1, notification_sound_2,,,,notification_sound_n. And then all we would have to do is put each different sound in the correct directory that we would like changed.

Just asking...
    not sure how to do that.
  10.    #30  
    Thanks.

Edit.

that sound should be in here you need an app that plays pcm files. /usr/share/systemsounds
    Thanks.

Edit.

I just want to get rid of the sound that you hear when the hang Up button is pushed. Looks like this patch does NOT do that (yet).
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I just want to get rid of the sound that you hear when the hang Up button is pushed. Looks like this patch does NOT do that (yet).

I agree, I was hoping this patch would do that but it seems it does not. What I'm hearing is a beep or almost like a key is being pressed on the dialpad when you press the hangup button. I think the people on the other end can hear this as well and I'd like it to go away.
  13.    #33  
    Patch updated for 2.xx see first post: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...52#post2105252
    Ok try this one. I haven't had that problem but this should work I edited the portion that deals with that function.

Just a reminder you have to uninstall the first patch to use this one.

That is the first time I have seen that screen.
    Great Patch, thank you! You saved my ears!
    I would like to ask you if you know if the loud sound for Redial is a bug of my device or this occurs in all Palm Pre devices?
    I also noticed that if I use the sim card of another carrier, there is no such a 'Redial' option and thus not a loud sound.
    This patch disables the end call, dropped call, missed call and ignored call sound. 1.3.1
    Patch updated for 2.xx
    Hi,
    while this patch worked fine for me, after I removed it to install the advanced configuration patch, the patch cannot be installed. The webosqi returns the message "Unable to connect to WebOS-Internal servers. Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch". Can you please help me? This patch was very useful to me.

Thank you,
    try using internalz (move the patchfile over to some dir on your device, run internalz, select patchfile, choose ' open').
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    try using internalz (move the patchfile over to some dir on your device, run internalz, select patchfile, choose ' open').
    gives error
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Those of you who can't use this patch, any alternatives to remove those idiotic and useless sounds?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Both can't use in pre3 2.2.3 ? I tried but failed.
  20.    #40  
    I don't Have a pre3 but I will look at it this weekend.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast