Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    This patch allows you to choose more times to sync your email. It has increments from 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 1 year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 12/23/2009 at 06:17 PM.
    Thank you!

I am adding your link to the patch index.

- Craig
  3.    #3  
    updated for 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Could this be remade into a patch that allows to sync only last 50 ar 100 messages? (like in the iPhone OS).

Time limit: sync last 1 day, is not short enough for me... (i get a 400-500 messages per day)
    Thank you
    Can this also be tweaked to delete email older than the sync day - so that you dont end up with a huge number of emails on the Pre?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    Could this be remade into a patch that allows to sync only last 50 ar 100 messages? (like in the iPhone OS).

Time limit: sync last 1 day, is not short enough for me... (i get a 400-500 messages per day)
    I wouldn't know how to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTGC View Post
    Can this also be tweaked to delete email older than the sync day - so that you dont end up with a huge number of emails on the Pre?
    It should remove email older than the sync day automatically.
    It doesn't seem to do it automatically, only if you go to preferences and manually switch it from 3 days to 1 day or something then exit and then go back into prefernces - which seems dumb!! ... and an easy fix.

The other thing I just discovered is that it wont show outlook *.msg file attachments - nor read them .. anyone know of a fix for this?
  9.    #9  
    updated to 2.xx and added additional sync times
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/06/2011 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    updated to 2.xx and added additional sync times
    Thanks. It would be nice if you could change the name of the patch in Preware, to indicate the inclusion of 'additional sync times'. If I may, may I suggest the following as the name of the patch: 'Additional Days For Syncing & More Sync Times'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thanks. It would be nice if you could change the name of the patch in Preware, to indicate the inclusion of 'additional sync times'. If I may, may I suggest the following as the name of the patch: 'Additional Days For Syncing & More Sync Times'.
    Will update now! Thanks
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Is there a patch or some way to have email pulled only certain times of day? On my Treo I used SnapperMail, and one could set the times of day to check email, i.e. 9AM - 6PM. Otherwise, I have to turn off the cell connection and wireless at night so the phone does not vibrate all night long when emails come in. thanks, -jon
    mamouton... does this patch work with the TouchPad? i'm not able to find this patch on preware for the touchpad. thx.
    bump...any help? I would love to have additional sync days for email on the TouchPad. Right now it's either 1 month (too short a time) or All (showing too many emails). This patch provides useful sync days such as 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year, etc.

Please please update it for the TouchPad. Thx!
    I've been able to figure out which files needed to be change and what to change. I've made the change manually by using Internalz, but I don't know how to make a patch out of it. Can anyone help?

For anyone else interested in doing it the manual way, use Internalz Pro (make sure that "Master mode" is set to "ON" in the preferences) to update the following two files:

1. Open this file to add a new sync value of 6 months:
      /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/data/AccountPreferences.jsjsjs
    2. Toward the bottom of the page, look for a series of values that read:
      AccountPreferences.LOOKBACK_1_MONTH = 30;
    3. Underneath that line, add this one:
      AccountPreferences.LOOKBACK_6_MONTHS = 180;
    4. What changed?
      The LOOKBACK_1_MONTH becomes LOOKBACK_6_MONTHS
      The lookback value of 30 (days) becomes 180

Now, on to the second file, where you'll add a selection value for the sync value of 6 months that you've just added from the previous step. You need to do this so that the "6 months" selection shows up when you go to the Email preferences and select how far back you want your email sync to show.

1. Open this file:
      /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/mail/source/settings/AccountSettings.jsjsjs
    2. Toward the bottom of the page, look for a series of values that read:
      {caption: $L("1 month"), value: AccountPreferences.LOOKBACK_1_MONTH},
    3. Underneath that line, add this one:
      {caption: $L("6 month"), value: AccountPreferences.LOOKBACK_6_MONTHS},
    4. What changed?
      The caption "1 month" becomes "6 months"
      The value LOOKBACK_1_MONTH becomes LOOKBACK_6_MONTHS

That's it!. Repeat the above steps for each additional sync-time you want to add. Just be sure to add the changes to BOTH files, or it won't work.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I'd really like to see additional sync days for the touchpad too. I'm looking for 6 months, but don't want to sync ALL.
    Bumping this because I want a 3-week sync time on both my Pre3 and TP, but the first file referenced above doesn't seem to exist on the Pre3. Any ideas?
  18.    #18  
    Ok patch has been updated for the touchpad thanks un_designer for finding the files. I haven't had an opportunity to explore webOS lately. I included addtional sync times as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I can't get either of these patches to work for me on either the Pre3 or TP, and I don't know why. They both showed up in Preware on both devices, and I tried those versions, then I tried the .patch versions posted above. I'm trying to use them with two Exchange accounts (one of which is a Gmail Exchange Account) if that makes any difference.

Any ideas?

(Also, if I look in the files un_designer talks about above, all the values he has listed there are present in the file *even if Preware says the patch has been removed*. ???)

(One other bit of info: all the default values continue to work for some reason . . . but I don't want any of them! The code on the default and patch-added values looks identical to me except for the time period. Weird.)
    Last edited by grappler; 12/29/2011 at 02:05 PM.
  20.    #20  
    Do you have any other patches installed?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast