Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1.    #1  
    I've been asked to start a thread for this patch. Please ask any questions or report any problems here.
    I have included the flagging feature version in this post along with screenshots.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    The "Add Priority and Discard Buttons" Patch will add new buttons to the Compose Email screen, allowing you to easily discard or save the draft/email and toggle the priority of the email being composed between Normal and High priorities (see first screen shot below). Much easier than pulling down the app menu and making a selection there... and much better than tossing the card off the screen, only to have it saved for you as a draft that you didn't want. This patch also adds a Send, Delete, and Save confirmation pop-up to avoid any accidental maneuvers with your email being composed (see second attachment below and others above in this thread).


    Edit: Included screenshots and moved all versions to this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/16/2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Added Screenshots
  2. #2  
    Could you elaborate on what this patch does? I am unfamiliar with what Discard would do, and is this in relation to Emails?

    Also, is this patch going to find itself in Preware anytime soon?
  3.    #3  
    It add the icons for high priority and discarding emails at the bottom of the email you are composing. It is in Preware already.
  4. #4  
    Thank you!

    I am adding your link to the patch index.

    - Craig
  5.    #5  
    updated for 1.3.5
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/16/2010 at 07:51 AM.
  6.    #6  
    updated for 1.4 includes a send confirmation dialog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/22/2010 at 06:04 AM.
  7.    #8  
    Yes someone asked about the send confirmation and I figured that was a cool idea so I just added it to mine and made a separate one for him.
  8. discdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #9  
    I had this patch on my Pre prior to updating to 1.4. Now, when I go to install it, it comes up with an error. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  9. st0921's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #10  
    Same error happened to me. I tried to install the patch through QI as well, but got the same error. It looks like there is a conflict with other patches that are installed, but not sure which.
  10. discdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by st0921 View Post
    Same error happened to me. I tried to install the patch through QI as well, but got the same error. It looks like there is a conflict with other patches that are installed, but not sure which.
    I even tried deleting all of my patches in the Email category first... didn't help.
  11. #12  
    I had the placeholder patch installed and just saw this was updated this morning. I instaled via Preware "update" but it errored out. Then I just said remove (to remove the placeholder I suppose).

    I went back into patches and just installed it. After Luna reset all is working well. Not 100% how I feel about the send confirmation yet...

    On the one hand, the send button is very near the test input area and I've hit send accidentally at least a few times. Plus, we've all had those times where we wish we could get an email back within a few seconds of sending.

    On the other, it's another step.

    I think I'm leaning towards likeing the send confirm. But I think the ideal implementation would be to have that row of buttons only pop-up with when the screen is swiped all the way to the top / bottom, but be hidden otherwise. For me, then I'd be good without the send confirm.
  12. discdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I had the placeholder patch installed and just saw this was updated this morning. I instaled via Preware "update" but it errored out. Then I just said remove (to remove the placeholder I suppose).

    I went back into patches and just installed it. After Luna reset all is working well. Not 100% how I feel about the send confirmation yet...

    On the one hand, the send button is very near the test input area and I've hit send accidentally at least a few times. Plus, we've all had those times where we wish we could get an email back within a few seconds of sending.

    On the other, it's another step.

    I think I'm leaning towards likeing the send confirm. But I think the ideal implementation would be to have that row of buttons only pop-up with when the screen is swiped all the way to the top / bottom, but be hidden otherwise. For me, then I'd be good without the send confirm.
    That didn't work for me. It must be in conflict with a patch that I have, but you don't.
  13.    #14  
    What patches do you have installed? I think I found the problem for the people that it is erroring out. If you have the Outlook format or email multi mod I inadverntly left a line if for that that I will remove when I get home. It should work then for you. Please post the email patches you have installed for the ones having errors.
  14. discdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    What patches do you have installed? I think I found the problem for the people that it is erroring out. If you have the Outlook format or email multi mod I inadverntly left a line if for that that I will remove when I get home. It should work then for you. Please post the email patches you have installed for the ones having errors.
    I DO have Outlook Format installed. Here is my full list:

    5x5 Icons v1
    Add Priority Discard Buttons
    Add Select All and New Message
    Advanced Reset Options
    Allow Browser in Low Mem
    Audio/Video Attachments
    Battery Icon and Percent
    Bookmarks Tile Button
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Call History During Call
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Close on hangup
    Compose to Email
    Date As Carrier String
    Delete From Notification
    Disable LED Notification for Email
    Disable Low Battery Warning Sound 20 Percent
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Enable Hidden Clock
    Enable Landscape PDF Viewer
    Fullscreen Mode Browser
    Improved Photo Naming PRE
    Match State to Area Code
    Mimic Outlook Formatting on Email Replies
    No Alert During Call
    No Missed Call Callback
    Power Button to End Calls
    Read/Delete All Email
    Reset to First Page
    Ringer Switch Icon
    Show App Details
    Show Download Count
    Smiley Faces in Symbol Box
    SMS Icon for Mobile Tagged Numbers Only
    Sound Toggle - Grey
    Swap Reply2All for Move
    Swipe History - Auto Confirm
    Swipe to Delete
    Timestamps - Clean
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Unthrottle download manager
    Video Camera Flashlight

    Thanks,

    Evan
  15.    #16  
    Updated the patch to get rid of the line of code causing errors.
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/22/2010 at 06:06 AM.
  16. st0921's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #17  
    mamouton, I installed your revised patch, it works great, no errors. Thanks a lot.
  17.    #18  
    You are welcome it was late last night and I must have created about 10 patches so I inadvertently left one line of code that dealt with the email Outlook formatting.
  18. discdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Updated the patch to get rid of the line of code causing errors.
    That's great... thanks! Do you know when will it be available via Preware?
  19.    #20  
    It was submitted to Preware the same time I made the changes so anytime now.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions